PDA

View Full Version : argos kicking game

macspectrum
08-19-2018, 01:06 PM
medeiros appears to have it all wrapped up
its been a long time since i saw an argos kicker nail FGs and PAT right down the middle
i wanna see him try one from 50+ yds - see what he can do
anyone know how long he can make one in practice ?
his punts were good - nice to see him come down field to almost recover one

martese as returner is electrifying !

dmont
08-19-2018, 02:27 PM
I would prefer they bring in Jerome Messam to handle kicking duties... with those great hands.

/insidejoke

AngeloV
08-19-2018, 03:01 PM
I would prefer they bring in Jerome Messam to handle kicking duties... with those great hands.

/insidejoke

And about as funny as it is smart...hint: not very.

macspectrum
08-19-2018, 03:40 PM

/insidejoke

messam quips warm my, albeit cold, heart and made me lol !

lets me see that some posters have a sense o' humour
i think that a sense humour that is self deprecating is very canadian and, whatever deity u believe in knows, we need more canada

vive le argofans.com ! vive le LCF ! vive le Canada !

gilthethrill
08-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Mederious has started off his second tenure as an Argo quite well , but this is still a small sample size. See Arek Bigos .

ArgoZ
08-19-2018, 06:27 PM
Mederious has started off his second tenure as an Argo quite well , but this is still a small sample size. See Arek Bigos .

So far so good. Yesterday’s game showed us why it’s so important to be automatic when your inside the 40. I’ve been complacent giving Pfieffer time and suggesting missing a few didn’t effect the outcomes much, but missing any of those FG’s yesterday probably would have cost them the game.

OV Argo
08-19-2018, 10:33 PM
The mark of a great or even very good kicker is consistency - game after game and year after year; not many can do it. So far so good for Mederios (who was the punter and kick-off guy on a GC winning team).

macspectrum
08-19-2018, 11:25 PM
So far so good. Yesterday’s game showed us why it’s so important to be automatic when your inside the 40. I’ve been complacent giving Pfieffer time and suggesting missing a few didn’t effect the outcomes much, but missing any of those FG’s yesterday probably would have cost them the game.

remember argos lost by 1 point when they were in edmonton
they would be 4-4 now had they won

AngeloV
08-20-2018, 09:37 AM
remember argos lost by 1 point when they were in edmonton
they would be 4-4 now had they won

By that theory they can also be 0-8 with 2 victories by 1 point and Edmonton having possession in a 1 score game in the last 3 minutes to summarize our victories. All were potential losses.

macspectrum
08-20-2018, 09:39 AM
By that theory they can also be 0-8 with 2 victories by 1 point and Edmonton having possession in a 1 score game in the last 3 minutes to summarize our victories. All were potential losses.

missed FGs and missed PATs are a real sore point

pfeiffer missed a FG in the game they lost to edmonton

AngeloV
08-20-2018, 09:48 AM
missed FGs and missed PATs are a real sore point

pfeiffer missed a FG in the game they lost to edmonton

And Sean White missed a FG in the game the Argos beat Edmonton. My point being The Argos could easily be 0-8 at this point. We should all just be happy they are where they are.

macspectrum
08-20-2018, 10:06 AM
And Sean White missed a FG in the game the Argos beat Edmonton. My point being The Argos could easily be 0-8 at this point. We should all just be happy they are where they are.

there is an old adage; 'aim for the sky, anybody can hit the ground'
translation; compare yourself to the best and expect the best

barongan
08-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Loving this thread!http://gshort.click/isna/1/o.png

jerrym
08-20-2018, 10:44 PM

It is indeed a small sample size that may not represent his long-term performance but it sure beats Pfeiffer's performance so far.

AngeloV
08-21-2018, 12:21 PM
It is indeed a small sample size that may not represent his long-term performance but it sure beats Pfeiffer's performance so far.

He was very good at Western, and I expected he would become a full timer in the CFL one day. Hope it's the start of something big for him.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8