PDA

View Full Version : Is B-T Ray like?

jerrym
08-21-2018, 04:03 PM
This is probably sacrilege to some but as I watched B-T in his second game he kept reminding me of Ricky Ray. His calm presence on the field and on the sideline, the composure in the face of adversity that keeps himself and other players focused on what needs to be done, his strong work habits that leave him well prepared for the game, and quiet manner in the after-game interview kept bringing Ricky back to mind. I am not saying he is Ray reincarnated or even close. But his manner IMO significantly increases his chances of success. His arm also appears stronger than Ray's as his career approaches its end.

ArgoZ
08-21-2018, 04:10 PM
Very similar demeanor. 8 years younger though, which helps with the arm and legs we see.

Argo57
08-21-2018, 06:02 PM
This is probably sacrilege to some but as I watched B-T in his second game he kept reminding me of Ricky Ray. His calm presence on the field and on the sideline, the composure in the face of adversity that keeps himself and other players focused on what needs to be done, his strong work habits that leave him well prepared for the game, and quiet manner in the after-game interview kept bringing Ricky back to mind. I am not saying he is Ray reincarnated or even close. But his manner IMO significantly increases his chances of success. His arm also appears stronger than Ray's as his career approaches its end.

I understand where you are coming from on this and TBH I was thinking the same thing during the second half comeback against Ottawa.
MBT should only improve with increased playing time.

RB957
08-21-2018, 07:56 PM

The qualities you mention do remind me of Ray, however his physical demeanour and "toughness" for lack of a better word remind me a lot of Mike Reilly. He's not afraid to run (when he HAS to) and when he does, he is a big strong guy to have to bring down.

AngeloV
08-21-2018, 08:21 PM
The qualities you mention do remind me of Ray, however his physical demeanour and "toughness" for lack of a better word remind me a lot of Mike Reilly. He's not afraid to run (when he HAS to) and when he does, he is a big strong guy to have to bring down.

Agree. Possibly even more like David Archer.

paulwoods13
08-22-2018, 08:30 AM
Like Ray, he seems to be able to sidestep pass rushers and keep focusing on the receiving corps despite pressure around him. His arm seems stronger than Ricky's altho I feel arm strength is overrated. He sure has a lot of zip on his passes. His throw to Coombs for the TD (across his body while rolling to his left) was one that many QBs would have thrown away.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8