PDA

View Full Version : Willie Pile Retires

Mulder
05-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Shocking, He just resigned with the team in the off-season.

http://argonauts.ca/article/pile-calls-it-a-career

Nob
05-29-2012, 02:14 PM
That is a shocker. Big loss. Good for him to go out on his own terms.

CptArcher
05-29-2012, 02:52 PM
This is awful news. This leaves a big hole at Safety. Ouch.

Treblecharger1
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Well it should free up some salary cap sapce.... Hopefully someone steps up starting tomorrow!

1argoholic
05-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Man just before camp he drops this bomb. He's a young guy who can still play but at least he'll have his health. He'll be missed.

Thanks!!! Willie for a solid run with the double blue. I'm in shock to read this.

Skinny G
05-29-2012, 03:50 PM
This is awful news. This leaves a big hole at Safety. Ouch.

He was moved back to being a linebacker at the end of last year. Younger is currently penciled in as the starting Safety. That being said, he was a very good linebacker and was able to blitz quite effectively from there when they made the change. Bit a of a shocker to say the least. Hope he went out on his terms and no one elses. All the best Willie!

ArgoGabe22
05-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Well he just resigned so I doubt managment played any role in his decision. Very shocked with the news. I thought he was going retire sooner when FA hit but he then resigned. He was a great leader and like all Argos was a very nice guy to talk to. I wish him all the best.

LLB997
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
wow, this is a shocker, all the best Ill Will, hopefully we will see you in TO as an alumni.

mchesher03
05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
After reading this thread I’m a little more comfortable – was starting to add up the losses to our secondary (Shell, Parker and now Pile) and was getting worried – but Younger to safety (interesting!) at least keeps a bit of continuity there (new system, etc. aside)</SPAN></SPAN>

Can’t wait for training camp to get underway – big year.</SPAN></SPAN>

dmont
05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
We'll miss ya, Willie. As good a player as he was, he was also an outstanding personality on TV and radio.

I'm not super worried about the secondary. Just looking over the roster, we've got a good mix of returning and new faces. I trust in Chris Jones and Orlondo to put a good system together.

Most importantly, if we wanted to use more cap space on a QB and veteran receivers, the money had to come from somewhere.

Looking forward to more competition in TC. I love those Training Camp notes, I'm a TC notes addict.

CptArcher
05-29-2012, 06:17 PM
CFL can be so frustrating sometimes. Just when you are getting used to a group of players, they move on to do other things in life, often at the peak of their game. Gotta admit I'm really frustrated by this. The new TV deal better give the CFL its due in the terms of money.

KCargosfan
05-29-2012, 07:54 PM
The new TV deal better give the CFL its due in the terms of money.

I'm with you, but I would guess it will be hard to get close to $4 million per team.

As to Pile retiring, somebody new just got a roster spot with us.

AngeloV
05-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Great player, but also a great guy. He will be missed more as a leader than anything else. Good thing they signed Brandon Issac.

matchuk
05-29-2012, 08:03 PM
yeah, i was shocked to see this today....awesome dude! good luck in the future willie....he will most definately be missed

jerrym
05-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Willie was my favourite current Argo. A very good player with leadership qualities. I'm going to miss him.

KCargosfan
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Great player, but also a great guy. He will be missed more as a leader than anything else. Good thing they signed Brandon Issac.

Good call, AV. Look forward to seeing what Isaac can do.

argolio
05-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Don't like the timing, but I can't blame him for choosing a less-physically demanding career path.

Good luck Willie, and thanks for your time as an Argo.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8