PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Lakeshore West Go Train Disruption

argofandave
08-31-2018, 12:35 AM
I just heard on the news that there will be disruptions to the Go Train service on weekends which will affect the 3 remaining Saturday home games for the Argos. Work is being done on bridges between Mimico and Exhibition which means that the eastbound trains will NOT stop at those 2 stations. Somehow, the eastbound train will go from Long Branch to the Milton line then to Union. People on the eastbound train wanting to get off at Exhibition will have to go to Union then take the westbound train to Exhibition since westbound trains will still go to Exhibition. There will also be a reduction from 2 trains per hour to 1. I hope I got this right.

jerrym
08-31-2018, 01:50 AM
I just heard on the news that there will be disruptions to the Go Train service on weekends which will affect the 3 remaining Saturday home games for the Argos. Work is being done on bridges between Mimico and Exhibition which means that the eastbound trains will NOT stop at those 2 stations. Somehow, the eastbound train will go from Long Branch to the Milton line then to Union. People on the eastbound train wanting to get off at Exhibition will have to go to Union then take the westbound train to Exhibition since westbound trains will still go to Exhibition. There will also be a reduction from 2 trains per hour to 1. I hope I got this right.

Another problem for the Argos. What else is old?

macspectrum
08-31-2018, 03:21 AM
Another problem for the Argos. What else is old?
and this construction is happening during last weekend if CNE ?

CFLfan
08-31-2018, 07:37 AM
and this construction is happening during last weekend if CNE ?

No

September 8-9, 16-17, 22-23, 29-30
October 13-14, 20-21, 27-28

lazycro
08-31-2018, 09:12 AM
Of course

gilthethrill
08-31-2018, 03:52 PM
Could MLSE provide shuttles to BMO from Mimico?

CFLfan
08-31-2018, 04:19 PM
Could MLSE provide shuttles to BMO from Mimico?

Why?
The west bound trains will go direct to Union station and then fans can get the west bound train to Exhibition, it's one stop.

gilthethrill
08-31-2018, 04:34 PM
Why?
The west bound trains will go direct to Union station and then fans can get the west bound train to Exhibition, it's one stop.

Makes a long ride from Aldershot that much longer...

paulwoods13
08-31-2018, 07:04 PM
Makes a long ride from Aldershot that much longer...

They are also running trains only hourly, rather than every half-hour. So depending on when a detoured eastbound train gets to Union, there might be a long wait there for a westbound train heading back to Exhibition.

CFLfan
08-31-2018, 07:38 PM
They are also running trains only hourly, rather than every half-hour. So depending on when a detoured eastbound train gets to Union, there might be a long wait there for a westbound train heading back to Exhibition.

Then Drive - It's a Saturday, we get there early, park at Ontario Place because it's easy to get in and out.

gilthethrill
09-01-2018, 06:32 AM

I saw that too. Considering driving to the games but the traffic, Saturday or not, is pretty heavy coming from Stratford. But really, it's only one more stop.

1971GreyCup
09-01-2018, 07:03 AM
I saw that too. Considering driving to the games but the traffic, Saturday or not, is pretty heavy coming from Stratford. But really, it's only one more stop.

You can carpool with Don Landry.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8