08-31-2018, 10:58 AM
Discuss.

Argo
08-31-2018, 11:12 AM
Optimistically, I'd say: Pr (win) ~ 0.25

Will
08-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Optimistically, I'd say: Pr (win) ~ 0.25

F*** it -- we're winning -- what do I have to lose by declaring that!

mchesher03
08-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Argos fate will be determined by that defense. I think MBT can and will get the job done however it’s hard to continually come back from down 14-0, 17-0, etc.

That said am I overly optimistic this D can get it done?

Pressure on Masoli is key IMO. Their running game doesn’t scare me, however continually hearing Masoli to Tasker – first down, that scares me more.

I think Wilder puts up some numbers – 150 yards rushing with some big breakouts. Also going to see a big day for Armanti Edwards who I feel like hasn’t been targeted a whole lot this year (reasons aside).

gilthethrill
08-31-2018, 03:54 PM
Low scoring hard fought game. Masoli passes for huge yardage but yet again can't convert. Drunken Hamilton fans go home upset.

AngeloV
08-31-2018, 04:24 PM
Low scoring hard fought game. Masoli passes for huge yardage but yet again can't convert. Drunken Disgusting looking Toothless Hamilton fans go home upset.

Corrected for accuracy.

:D

macspectrum
08-31-2018, 04:30 PM
Corrected for accuracy.

the hamilton fans don't go home, they go the 3rd shift at stelco ......lol

gilthethrill
08-31-2018, 04:32 PM
Corrected for accuracy.

Reading my mind like a paper back novel....

macspectrum
08-31-2018, 04:54 PM
Reading my mind like a paper back novel....

with a little help from gordon lightfoot

RB957
08-31-2018, 05:16 PM
F*** it -- we're winning -- what do I have to lose by declaring that!

I wish I had your swagger. Don't see it happening.

jerrym
08-31-2018, 05:42 PM
The one thing we have going for us IMO is the history of upsets in the Labour Day Classic, including last year.

jerrym
09-01-2018, 12:04 AM
Some motivation for the Argos against their arch rivals:

Following this past weekend’s comeback win over Edmonton, Tasker was asked in a scrum of reporters if he felt the win was a season-defining victory. “Put it this way,” said Tasker, whose 156 yards and a touchdown were a game-high. “When we win the Grey Cup, we’re going to look back at this game as an important part of our season. I think this game will be, it’s going to be defining for the way we go forward.” ...
“That’s the way that we think,” Tasker said speaking for himself and his teammates in the Hamilton locker room. “I didn’t mean to send a message to anyone but to ourselves. It’s a mentality that we want to embrace. That’s the way we think. We think we are champions.” ...

“The game that we just played I think really started a pendulum swing back in the right direction,” Tasker said of the Edmonton comeback win. “If we can handle these two Toronto games properly, then I think we will have really found ourselves.”

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/tasker-tells-it-like-it-is-hamilton-tiger-cats-on-verge-of-big-things

macspectrum
09-02-2018, 10:24 AM
https://www.argonauts.ca/2018/09/02/depth-chart-week-12-vs-hamilton/926

looks like carter will dress
if any1 knows how to make this image large without needing to click on the link, feel free to do so

AngeloV
09-02-2018, 10:39 AM
looks like carter will dress

Not necessarily. They have to scratch 2 players for the actual roster. Of course it is possible that Trestman was F’ing with everyone. Glad to see Dowling draw in rather than Kanneh

jerrym
09-02-2018, 12:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">📋: Here&#39;s how we&#39;ll line up in tomorrow&#39;s Labour Day Classic 🆚 the <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TorontoArgos</a>.<br><br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HamiltonProud?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HamiltonProud</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ticats?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ticats</a> <a href="https://t.co/iGnCKk8X2B">pic.twitter.com/iGnCKk8X2B</a></p>&mdash; Hamilton Tiger-Cats (@Ticats) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ticats/status/1036267564337455104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shatto
09-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Don't know if it is significant but White appears to have move ahead of Alford on the depth chart

Wobbler
09-02-2018, 01:45 PM
Here's a readable version:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And the full depth chart... <a href="https://t.co/L7bAfYsDl3">pic.twitter.com/L7bAfYsDl3</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/1036252602613358592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gilthethrill
09-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Not necessarily. They have to scratch 2 players for the actual roster. Of course it is possible that Trestman was F’ing with everyone. Glad to see Dowling draw in rather than Kanneh

I just don't see Trestman as a guy who screws around with mind games....guess we will see tomorrow...getting anxious already. My couch will not be in use during the game.

AngeloV
09-02-2018, 03:55 PM
I just don't see Trestman as a guy who screws around with mind games....guess we will see tomorrow...getting anxious already. My couch will not be in use during the game.

Agreed, but I honestly didn't expect to see him on the 46 until the Saskatchewan game.

lazycro
09-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Maybe they're screwing with Hamilton more than themselves though

paulwoods13
09-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Two INTs have to sit: Carter and Cage, presumably.

I realize the Argos constantly move guys around in the secondary and seem to deliberately muck around with positions on the depth chart, but I'd prefer to see Dowling at LB rather than HB, and Darby on the back line. I think Dowling is a prototype SAM, able to both cover receivers and rush the passer. Guess we'll see how they actually line up tomorrow.

lazycro
09-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Noticed Wynn is on 6game

Did he go down last game I can't recall

paulwoods13
09-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Noticed Wynn is on 6game

Did he go down last game I can't recall

Yes, very late in the game. Big loss (altho he, along with other d-linemen, has not had as good a year as last season).

RLB51
09-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Anyone taking the visit to Tim Hortons Field? Wanna go but was curious if there's a section where most Argo fans go?

Argo57
09-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Anyone taking the visit to Tim Hortons Field? Wanna go but was curious if there's a section where most Argo fans go?

I’ll be there with my son, bought tickets several weeks ago.
Idiotic 6:30pm start time will lead to a booze fest at THF which makes no sense as kids return to school on Tuesday (didn’t realize the start time when I purchased my seats).
Have decided to skip wearing my Argo gear (for the above reasons) but will hopefully have something to cheer about tomorrow.
TBH I expect Hamilton to dominate this game as traveling the Burlington Skyway acts as Kryptonite for the Argos.

ArgoRavi
09-03-2018, 12:58 AM
Agreed, but I honestly didn't expect to see him on the 46 until the Saskatchewan game.

Where else can they put him though? Could they put him on the one game injured list? Would he still be eligible to practise? They wouldn't risk putting him on the practice roster.

Ron
09-03-2018, 01:12 AM
Unless the Argos D found some integrity and effort they are going to get lit up badly.

paulwoods13
09-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Where else can they put him though? Could they put him on the one game injured list? Would he still be eligible to practise? They wouldn't risk putting him on the practice roster.

Agreed. He couldn't go on injured list unless he's demonstrably injured. The fact he's on the 46 means he gets a game cheque and his salary becomes guaranteed for rest of the season, I would think.

AngeloV
09-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Agreed. He couldn't go on injured list unless he's demonstrably injured. The fact he's on the 46 means he gets a game cheque and his salary becomes guaranteed for rest of the season, I would think.

Easily could have put him on the one game and claimed they didn't feel he was in shape. Players on the 1 game are allowed to practice with the team. Six gamed players can only practice after 5 games have passed.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 06:49 PM
I don't like the looks of this so far. Ticats march down the field to score at will with assistance from Argo penalties. Argos need to get their heads in this game fast.

dmont
09-03-2018, 06:49 PM
*slap slap slap* that's the sound of the Argo defense at work.

dmont
09-03-2018, 06:59 PM
That was a weird catch and run by Wilder. Not many ticats around him, and yet he dives forward for the... NOT first down? Did he confuse the two yard markers?

dmont
09-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Yes, yes! We've spotted them two touchdowns in the first half of the first quarter and are demonstrating complete ineptitude on offense. Got em right where we want em...

... the only question is: how long before dmont turns off this game?

ArgoTD
09-03-2018, 07:10 PM
I’ve never seen a team consistently start as badly as this years group - is it coaching?

jerrym
09-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Yes, yes! We've spotted them two touchdowns in the first half of the first quarter and are demonstrating complete ineptitude on offense. Got em right where we want em...

... the only question is: how long before dmont turns off this game?

Hang in there. We're back in it.

dmont
09-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Hang in there. We're back in it.

Wont matter if the defense doesnt show up soon.

dmont
09-03-2018, 07:29 PM
... alright, did not see that coming.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Franklin to Bomben! What everyone expected!

dmont
09-03-2018, 07:39 PM
I'm beginning to notice Macbeths deep balls are pretty lousy. Underthrew Smith, who had beat his man.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Despite the Ticat-aided penalty drive, the Argos blow the FG attempt and fail to contain them on the four after the miss. The frustration of being an Argo fan.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Hamilton marches the field with 2:29 to go after the Argos fail to score. Like I said, the frustration of being an Argo fan.

dmont
09-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Garbage defense. Absolute garbage. Headed for the dressing room two and a half minutes early.

ArgoTD
09-03-2018, 07:58 PM
No pash rush from either DE. I don’t care why, getting rid of Lemon was a stupid decision. Beltre and Davis simply are not good enough and as result Masoli has all day to pass the ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
09-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Hamilton marches the field with 2:29 to go after the Argos fail to score. Like I said, the frustration of being an Argo fan.

Yup. It drives me nuts to see a team pinned deep in their own zone and consistently march down the field to score, either a TD like today or a field goal. Just once I would like to see a safety or a punt from their end zone.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Cassius Vaughn reincarnated scores!

dmont
09-03-2018, 08:27 PM
I don't hit that note very often. Way to go Darby! I think that was Roberson (#24?) Who popped the ball loose with his helmet. Redemption for him!

jerrym
09-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Rodney Smith continues to fall down catch after catch without anybody touching him.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Franklin ties Flutie for most TDs by a QB with his tenth!

jerrym
09-03-2018, 08:53 PM
No pash rush from either DE. I don’t care why, getting rid of Lemon was a stupid decision. Beltre and Davis simply are not good enough and as result Masoli has all day to pass the ball.

They got near Masoii when they were sucked in on a screen pass. Freddie Bishop, who it was rumoured was going to be signed by Popp earlier in the summer, has been released by Detroit. I hope the Argos do sign him now.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Nice gift by MBT followed by piss poor tackling.....terrible D.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Argo tackling has been pathetic. Green breaking tackles to score is just another of many examples. Diminutive Brandon Banks driving a DB backwards for five yards takes the cake though.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Argos lack of speed on offence painfully obvious again tonight.

dmont
09-03-2018, 09:10 PM
MBT (he's only Macbeth when he plays well) has been garbage this quarter. Cant hit a receiver with a deep ball to save his life. Got a bad feeling about this one. Even with two big injuries to the ticats, they're handling us no problem. Very very bad.

ArgoTD
09-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Starting to think MBTs time may be coming to an end. Not finding open receivers and throwing into double coverage when others are open. Is it the offensive scheme or QB play/decision making or both? And bY the way, Green is badly outplaying Wilder Jr

dmont
09-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Fire the entire secondary. What a joke.

Argo57
Starting to think MBTs time may be coming to an end. Not finding open receivers and throwing into double coverage when others are open. Is it the offensive scheme or QB play/decision making or both? And bY the way, Green is badly outplaying Wilder Jr

What open receivers?

ArgoTD
Stick a fork in this team, they’re done! GC champions to out of playoffs. Pathetic - and Popp had better make it clear to Trestman that Carter had better dress next week because White is invisible and Smoth falls down constantly

ArgoTD
09-03-2018, 09:18 PM
What open receivers?. On the replays numerous times there are guys open and he’s forcing it to the double covered man

lazycro
09-03-2018, 09:20 PM
McBlt can sit next game please.

OV Argo
09-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Argo tackling has been pathetic. Green breaking tackles to score is just another of many examples. Diminutive Brandon Banks driving a DB backwards for five yards takes the cake though.

Agreed = terrible and wimpy tackling often; this defence is just not very good - worst DEs i've seen on a CFL team in some time and Bishop is next to useless at DT - and i guess they have pretty well zero faith in depth guys on the D-line - when most CFL teams rotate D-linemen often to keep guys fresh or provide different looks. Marcus Ball apparently proclaimed himself the best linebacker in the league in talking to TSN guys ? = not even close, pal. Good for Darby for making some big plays 2 games in a row though/

Hopefully, the MacBeth as Tretman\s fave guy at QB days are over; he is not a consistently accurate or smart passer, and his pick thrown to Daly was the TSN turning point.

jerrym
09-03-2018, 09:34 PM
A QB who rarely throws accurate deep balls. Receivers with little in the way of speed and who drop way more balls than a team like Hamilton. DEs who cannot rush. A soft pass defence. A defence who can't tackle and can't even stop the run when they know it's coming play after play. A mediocre OL. I can't understand why this team is 3-7.

paulwoods13
09-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Clearly we are not in Hamilton's league on either offence or defence. The pass-coverage schemes are utterly mystifying. I like the talent of most individuals in the secondary, but they seem perpetually in the wrong position. The fact we have virtually no pass rush doesn't help, of course.

The playoff math is more daunting than a week ago. To guarantee we get in, we need to win six of the last eight (which seems extremely unlikely). Winning five of eight would put us in a decent position, especially since a crossover is not certain. That means winning all four remaining home games plus one of the games at B.C., Montreal and Ottawa. Not gonna be easy, obviously. Saturday's game is an absolute must-win.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 09:39 PM
. On the replays numerous times there are guys open and he’s forcing it to the double covered man

Sure and on several occasions his receivers either weren’t open or didn’t come up with catches (on catchable balls).
Zero speed on O very apparent.

Bleeds Double Blue
09-03-2018, 09:40 PM
I think I will wait until tomorrow before commenting further.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 09:41 PM
A QB who rarely throws accurate deep balls. Receivers with little in the way of speed and who drop way more balls than a team like Hamilton. DEs who cannot rush. A soft pass defence. A defence who can't tackle and can't even stop the run when they know it's coming play after play. A mediocre OL. I can't understand why this team is 3-7.

Correct on all points Jerry, add a DC who has no clue and you have the 2018 Toronto Argonauts.

R.J
09-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Hopefully, the MacBeth as Tretman\s fave guy at QB days are over; he is not a consistently accurate or smart passer, and his pick thrown to Daly was the TSN turning point.
I hope so too, but I doubt it.

ArgoGabe22
09-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Easy to blame MBT after this one but it's not like Franklin was ever so amazing. Although, looked good tonight. With this defence, i'm not sure it really matters who starts at QB. Yeesh...

paulwoods13
09-03-2018, 09:45 PM
I can't see Trestman sitting MBT. Even if he had clearly played worse than Franklin did (which IMO he hasn't), I don't see him being benched. At this point I think we sink or swim with him at QB. And it won't matter who is playing QB for us if our defence can't stop the run or the pass.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Clearly we are not in Hamilton's league on either offence or defence. The pass-coverage schemes are utterly mystifying. I like the talent of most individuals in the secondary, but they seem perpetually in the wrong position. The fact we have virtually no pass rush doesn't help, of course.

The playoff math is more daunting than a week ago. To guarantee we get in, we need to win six of the last eight (which seems extremely unlikely). Winning five of eight would put us in a decent position, especially since a crossover is not certain. That means winning all four remaining home games plus one of the games at B.C., Montreal and Ottawa. Not gonna be easy, obviously. Saturday's game is an absolute must-win.

I had this very conversation with my son at the game, Argos secondary has some pretty decent talent but often looks confused and lost on coverage.......to me that is scheme related.
2017 the players bought into Chamblin and his system, 2018 the complete opposite with Archer.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Easy to blame MBT after this one but it's not like Franklin was ever so amazing. Although, looked good tonight. With this defence, i'm not sure it really matters who starts at QB. Yeesh...

As a unit the receivers don’t scare anyone which makes it difficult for any QB.

ArgoGabe22
09-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Can someone airlift Owusu-Ansah into the lineup? Yell got burned by Banks all night.

Stevoman
09-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Defense, aside from Darby, was nowhere near good enough and the score was more favourable due to 14 points off turnovers. The Argos were never really playing well enough (despite a lead going into the 4th quarter!) and then all the wheels fell off. MBT was missing not only the deep ball but overthrowing short as well and the tackling by the D was embarrassing.

I would seriously consider switching to Franklin and adding in Carter next week.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Can someone airlift Owusu-Ansah into the lineup? Yell got burned by Banks all night.

I wondered the same thing a couple of weeks ago, amazed no one has signed him.

Bill G
09-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Cross hasn't had a look or a touch since his fumble against Montreal. Using the FB in the passing game was not there against Hamilton.

Antwon
09-03-2018, 09:59 PM
I can't see Trestman sitting MBT. Even if he had clearly played worse than Franklin did (which IMO he hasn't), I don't see him being benched. At this point I think we sink or swim with him at QB. And it won't matter who is playing QB for us if our defence can't stop the run or the pass.

As much as I would like to see Franklin back in at QB, I really think the lack of talent and speed at receiver, weak O-line, and poor scheme are too much for whoever is in there. Winnipeg got production out of a raw rookie QB to start the season. Trestman can't get much out of any QB this year!

paulwoods13
09-03-2018, 10:02 PM
2017 the players bought into Chamblin and his system, 2018 the complete opposite with Archer.

Can't tell if players aren't buying in or are just confused, but I'm leaning towards the latter. I can't see Archer being the DC next season. He was promoted late when CC left us in the lurch. We're stuck with him for the rest of this season, but I expect Trestman to make a change there in the offseason even if we somehow go on a deep playoff run.

paulwoods13
09-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Cross hasn't had a look or a touch since his fumble against Montreal. Using the FB in the passing game was not there against Hamilton.

Yeah, Cross barely played a snap tonight. I wonder if he's nursing an injury.

Shatto
09-03-2018, 10:15 PM
For the second game in a row we were beaten by a mobile QB. A good mobile QB with a good arm, is usually more dangerous and more effective than a limited mobile QB with a good arm. Though after this game I'd have to question MTB's arm.

With a weak pass rush, a good mobile QB, will make the DB's life miserable. The D just can't get the job done. Is it personnel or the DC? Probably a little of both but the defensive schemes do look questionable. While I'm on it---are there two less effective DE's than our two?
I doubt that Trestman will change QB's but MTB seems to be regressing. Hopefully, I'm wrong but it looks very unlikely that MBT will become the second coming of Ricky Ray

The team has two excellent possession receivers in Green and Edwards but no burner who is able to get behind coverage ---wait we do have one ---Carter! Hopefully Trestman wont be stubborn and will rethink his decision on playing Carter in the next game. If the team loses the next game, the chances of making the playoffs are highly unlikely. It is time to play the best players on the roster and that definitely includes Carter. He certainly cant be less effective than White or Smith and there is every chance he will be a hell of a lot better.

Argo57
09-03-2018, 10:24 PM
For the second game in a row we were beaten by a mobile QB. A good mobile QB with a good arm, is usually more dangerous and more effective than a limited mobile QB with a good arm. Though after this game I'd have to question MTB's arm.

With a weak pass rush, a good mobile QB, will make the DB's life miserable. The D just can't get the job done. Is it personnel or the DC? Probably a little of both but the defensive schemes do look questionable. While I'm on it---are there two less effective DE's than our two?
I doubt that Trestman will change QB's but MTB seems to be regressing. Hopefully, I'm wrong but it looks very unlikely that MBT will become the second coming of Ricky Ray

The team has two excellent possession receivers in Green and Edwards but no burner who is able to get behind coverage ---wait we do have one ---Carter! Hopefully Trestman wont be stubborn and will rethink his decision on playing Carter in the next game. If the team loses the next game, the chances of making the playoffs are highly unlikely. It is time to play the best players on the roster and that definitely includes Carter. He certainly cant be less effective than White or Smith and there is every chance he will be a hell of a lot better.

I think the Argo playoff chances are already done, this team simply isn’t good enough in any aspect of the game to go on the type of run necessary to qualify.
Might as well start auditioning and evaluating for 2019 to which I think Bomben would make a great slotback as he ran the best route of the game for Toronto.

cfl-cis fan
09-03-2018, 11:10 PM

INCORRECT. Coach T came right back to him for a 10 yard 1st down completion as soon as the next series started.

cfl-cis fan
09-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Yeah, Cross barely played a snap tonight. I wonder if he's nursing an injury.

INCORRECT AGAIN. He was out there blocking on many plays. Were you at the game!!

ArgoRavi
09-03-2018, 11:29 PM

This is still one of the great unsolved mysteries. Isn't Owusu-Ansah into art? Maybe he left football to become an artist?

ArgoGabe22
09-03-2018, 11:32 PM
This is still one of the great unsolved mysteries. Isn't Owusu-Ansah into art? Maybe he left football to become an artist?

Possible. His work was in a Toronto gallery but you’d think someone in the media would inquire.

Will
09-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Offence

- I think I've had my fill of Rodney Smith at WR
- Argos got JWJ going in 1st half; not so much in 2nd half
- Pass protection not awful I guess
- Plenty of blame to go on MBT and receivers IMO

Defence

- Ticat receivers popping free to every conceivable hole in secondary
- Masoli waaaaay too much time to run around

Let's also face it, the Argos scored 28 points but 7 came off a fumble return and 7 were on a short field.

Ron
09-04-2018, 12:28 AM
What part of the defense is horrible have you not noticed all season? Davis Sanchez at one halftime even showed highlights of how the D players are positioned 100% wrong. That's not about talent.

It's also easy (and lazy IMO) to lay blame at the QB (whichever one is in) when the offense is almost in a position where they have to score all the time. Cats score over 40 but could easily have been over 50 if a bounce here or there went different. Hard for any offense to win games if the D caves.

Trestman's one fault as we see is his loyalty. He HAS to be seeing the DC is horrible but he won't make the change. Even Stegall ripped Trestman about sticking to his "methods" and not having DC in the game or next game. Gotta agree I suppose. But Trestman must feel the last thing the team needs is a talented and proven game breaking speed receiver that can make amazing receptions.

Bill G
09-04-2018, 12:40 AM
INCORRECT. Coach T came right back to him for a 10 yard 1st down completion as soon as the next series started.
Yep, I missed that one. There was an Argo 2 and out before the 1st down completion though .... so it wasn't quite the next series ...

Blue90
09-04-2018, 12:44 AM
Marcus Ball thinks he is the best linebacker in the league. Hah... he's not even the best on his team! I guess that he's never seen Alex Singleton in Calgary.

I think it's obvious that MBT is not the QB to lead this team.

Let's get Franklin back in there and Carter to throw to.

jerrym
09-04-2018, 01:47 AM
Offence

- I think I've had my fill of Rodney Smith at WR

He's slow; he drops some passes; and often loses his balance and falls to the ground when he catches one without anyone touching him. Please find someone else.

Argo57
09-04-2018, 03:31 AM
Marcus Ball thinks he is the best linebacker in the league. Hah... he's not even the best on his team! I guess that he's never seen Alex Singleton in Calgary.

I think it's obvious that MBT is not the QB to lead this team.

Let's get Franklin back in there and Carter to throw to.

Ball’s play has deteriorated in the last couple of weeks especially in the tackling department.

paulwoods13
09-04-2018, 02:21 PM
INCORRECT AGAIN. He was out there blocking on many plays. Were you at the game!!

No I was not, so my remark was based on the fact he appeared on my TV screen about twice all night. I'm glad to hear he was in there blocking, and sorry to note he was not in there being targeted for the odd pass.

paulwoods13
09-04-2018, 02:23 PM

He also might have unrealistic notions of what he should be paid. The prevailing sentiment seems to be that Popp screwed up by not re-signing AOU, but it always takes two parties to complete a negotiation.

Argo
09-04-2018, 05:34 PM
He also might have unrealistic notions of what he should be paid. The prevailing sentiment seems to be that Popp screwed up by not re-signing AOU, but it always takes two parties to complete a negotiation.

The mere fact that Owusu-Ansah would constitute an improvement speaks volumes...

RB957
09-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Having read through the posts in this thread, I agree with pretty much everything that has been said by you guys about the good ship Argonaut..... I have nothing else to add regarding this game as my observations mirror those that have already been made.

At one point during the telecast, the camera panned the crowd and then settled the picture on a rather large woman brandishing a t shirt that had in bold yellow 26 Font letters ARGOS SUCK. Regrettably, that seems to be a fair summation of where we are at. As much as I love this team, part of me doesn't want us to make it to the playoffs on a wing and a prayer, and then win by some "miracle". Honestly, other than us die hards, the fans in Toronto don't deserve it, and don't seem to care anyway. I just feel very dejected right now.

Argo57
09-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Having read through the posts in this thread, I agree with pretty much everything that has been said by you guys about the good ship Argonaut..... I have nothing else to add regarding this game as my observations mirror those that have already been made.

At one point during the telecast, the camera panned the crowd and then settled the picture on a rather large woman brandishing a t shirt that had in bold yellow 26 Font letters ARGOS SUCK. Regrettably, that seems to be a fair summation of where we are at. As much as I love this team, part of me doesn't want us to make it to the playoffs on a wing and a prayer, and then win by some "miracle". Honestly, other than us die hards, the fans in Toronto don't deserve it, and don't seem to care anyway. I just feel very dejected right now.

Attending any Ticat home game makes me appreciate having season tickets with the Argonauts.

argolio
09-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Well that really sucked.

cfl-cis fan
09-05-2018, 06:54 AM
Argos have been reluctant to make or tweak anything;
- No pressure from the front 4
- unable to blitz
- too much zone D why!!
- Unable to stretch the field
- refusal to spread the ball around, we are too predictable on O
could say a few more but it has all been said at various times. How are we unable to address the D-Line!!

Argo57
09-05-2018, 07:35 AM
- unable to blitz
- too much zone D why!!
could say a few more but it has all been said at various times. How are we unable to address the D-Line!!

Hopefully Popp has rekindled the rumoured Freddie Bishop negotiations.

AngeloV
09-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Well, I took this loss hard, so the less said the better. On to Saturday!!

Argo57
09-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Well, I took this loss hard, so the less said the better. On to Saturday!!

We all did Angelo, very frustrating team this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4Cg-ijDRA

Argo
09-05-2018, 05:18 PM
- unable to blitz
- too much zone D why!!

Prepare Thyself (you can take your time, though) for The Next Iteration ! Just wait until half way through next year... i.e., training camp.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8