PDA

View Full Version : Devier Posey Released By Baltimore

Argo57
08-31-2018, 07:03 PM
I’m sure he will exhaust all options down south before considering a return to the CFL.
Would love to see him back!

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-release-10-players-send-four-to-injured-reserve

macspectrum
08-31-2018, 07:08 PM
I’m sure he will exhaust all options down south before considering a return to the CFL.
Would love to see him back!

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-release-10-players-send-four-to-injured-reserve

oh i am just salivating at the thought of posey and carter as deep threats !
i guess macbeth would be happy too !
those 2 would really help his deep ball completion rate

AngeloV
08-31-2018, 08:01 PM
It would be nice to have him back, but after hearing his story about the health issues he had growing up, I would love to see him make it down south and add to his great story.

jerrym
08-31-2018, 08:45 PM
If Carter can stay on good behaviour and we get Posey back, that could be a major upgrade.

1971GreyCup
08-31-2018, 10:31 PM
I saw a photo of Jim Popp and D’Vier Posey at Ravens camp last week. I have a hunch he’ll be back here sooner, rather than later.

Argo
08-31-2018, 10:39 PM
If Posey's NFL adventure doesn't work out, I hope that he's available to return sooner rather than later.

BTW, Dontrelle Inman is listed as a free agent.

lazycro
08-31-2018, 10:45 PM
If Posey's NFL adventure doesn't work out, I hope that he's available to return sooner rather than later.

As long as he doesn't have to punt again

macspectrum
09-01-2018, 01:49 AM

both of them would be excellent
that is if trestman lets them play this year

Stevoman
09-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Come on home Posey!

AngeloV
09-01-2018, 03:50 PM
both of them would be excellent
that is if trestman lets them play this year

Please quit your whining. Didn’t you already declare yourself no longer a fan after the back to back against Winnipeg?

macspectrum
09-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Please quit your whining. Didn’t you already declare yourself no longer a fan after the back to back against Winnipeg?

what?
i didn't mention messam and his 2xtd in last year's gc
nor
brandon bridge almost beating argos in east final
nor
fajardo ......
-
lol......
-
my sig says i am no longer a 'lifelong fan'
-
[singing] ....

Red, red wine, goes to my head,
Makes me forget that I
Still need you so

Red, red wine, it's up to you
All I can do, I've done
But memories won't go
No, memories won't go

I'd have thought that with time
Thoughts of you would leave my head
I was wrong, now I find
Just one thing makes me forget

Red, red wine, stay close to me
Don't let me be alone
It's tearing apart
My blue, blue heart

I'd have…

R.J
09-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Changed his signature awhile ago though, so maybe changed his mind and is a diehard again ?

AngeloV
09-01-2018, 05:40 PM
Changed his signature awhile ago though, so maybe changed his mind and is a diehard again ?

I hope his ankles are taped properly.

macspectrum
09-01-2018, 05:46 PM

actually both ankles have had torn ligaments so i am careful when i jump

Argo57
09-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Now you’ve done it!

jerrym
09-05-2018, 12:34 AM
Devier Posey was working out for the Buffalo Bills Tuesday.

Argo57
09-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Devier Posey was working out for the Buffalo Bills Tuesday.

Hopefully he’s just working his way down the QEW to Toronto.

jerrym
09-05-2018, 08:15 PM
BC GM Ed Hervey has confirmed that the Lions are pursuing Devier Posey also.

AngeloV
09-07-2018, 04:40 PM
BC GM Ed Hervey has confirmed that the Lions are pursuing Devier Posey also.

Justin Dunk is reporting that the Posey has signed with the Lions. That sucks.

http://3downnation.com/2018/09/07/devier-posey-agrees-terms-lions/

Argo57
09-07-2018, 04:47 PM

Somewhat surprised that he didn’t return, Argos could have used him for sure.

R.J
09-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Somewhat surprised that he didn’t return, Argos could have used him for sure.
I would've preferred bringing back Posey as opposed to having Carter, but I think signing the latter didn't leave much room to sign the former. BC needed help at WR, and with a lot of players taking pay cuts along with Arceneaux out for a bit; they probably had more money to entice him with.

Scooter McCray
09-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Bloody hell. I was looking forward to seeing Posey, Carter, Coombs, Green, Edwards out there together with JWJ and Cross all catching passes. That would be a fearsome air force especially with all of the receivers down across the league. Both MBT and Franklin would gain a lot of confidence throwing to that group.

Neely2005
09-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Was his contact up or did we release him to tryout in the NFL?

R.J
09-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Was his contact up or did we release him to tryout in the NFL?
Posey was set to become a free agent, but the Argos released him around 10 days earlier.

ArgoRavi
09-08-2018, 03:03 AM
I would've preferred bringing back Posey as opposed to having Carter, but I think signing the latter didn't leave much room to sign the former. BC needed help at WR, and with a lot of players taking pay cuts along with Arceneaux out for a bit; they probably had more money to entice him with.

I think that you nailed it. I am sure B.C. threw some big bucks at Posey and they likely need him even more than the Argos do.

Argo
09-08-2018, 08:23 AM
This sucks. Full stop.

As I was going to post earlier - speaking from personal experience - I hope Posey realizes that BC really stands for "Bring Cash". I expect that he'll actually be worse off financially as any excess $ will be consumed by the highest cost of living in our nation.

Argo
09-08-2018, 08:36 AM

I preferred bringing both these fine receivers on board.

Jon Gonzo
09-08-2018, 10:10 AM
This is up there with one of my main disapointments of 2018. Chamblin not coming back is one. And Ricky Ray's injury the other.

Argo57
09-08-2018, 10:42 AM
This is up there with one of my main disapointments of 2018. Chamblin not coming back is one. And Ricky Ray's injury the other.

Would be interesting to know if Posey’s decision was solely based on cash or were there other factors with the 2018 Argos that pointed him elsewhere?

Jon Gonzo
09-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Would be interesting to know if Posey’s decision was solely based on cash or were there other factors with the 2018 Argos that pointed him elsewhere?

I bet it's cash. I was certain that Posey was coming back to Toronto otherwise. He said playing for Trestman and Popp changed his life. How much could it possibly be? Must have been a bunch.

R.J
09-14-2018, 11:30 AM
https://www.tsn.ca/talent/naylor-s-kickoff-ambrosie-thinking-global-with-cfl-2-0-1.1172970

Posey picks B.C.

It wasn’t long after the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens released receiver DeVier Posey that Toronto Argonaut general manager Jim Popp was on the phone, letting Posey know his former team would love to have him back in Double Blue.

Instead Posey went to the West Coast and joined the B.C. Lions, where he becomes a key figure in their push for the playoffs.

Posey was attracted to B.C. in part because he understood he was likely to see more targets the rest of the way, replacing the injured Emmanuel Arceneaux in the Lions receiving unit. In Toronto he would have joined a group that already includes S.J. Green, Armanti Edwards and the newly acquired Duron Carter.

The fact that Lions general manager Ed Hervey has in the past been willing to pay for top receiving talent may have also played into his thinking, as he looks to find a football home in Vancouver.

AngeloV
09-14-2018, 12:26 PM
https://www.tsn.ca/talent/naylor-s-kickoff-ambrosie-thinking-global-with-cfl-2-0-1.1172970

So basically, personal stats went into his thought process.

Neely2005
09-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Posey was set to become a free agent, but the Argos released him around 10 days earlier.

Thanks. This doesn't bother me as much then. I hate when we release players who have significant time left on their contract and then they get cut from the NFL and sign elsewhere.

Neely2005
09-14-2018, 02:30 PM
This sucks. Full stop.

As I was going to post earlier - speaking from personal experience - I hope Posey realizes that BC really stands for "Bring Cash". I expect that he'll actually be worse off financially as any excess $ will be consumed by the highest cost of living in our nation.

True but Toronto isn't much cheaper.

Neely2005
09-14-2018, 02:50 PM
So basically, personal stats went into his thought process.

Sadly it seems that way.

lazycro
09-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Essentially wanting to continue to showcase himself

Argo
09-14-2018, 04:37 PM
True but Toronto isn't much cheaper.

Oh, I know, but on the CFL pay scale any difference hurts.

paulwoods13
09-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Can't blame him for wanting stats at this point -- he will no doubt be trying for an NFL deal again in 2019.

AngeloV
09-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Can't blame him for wanting stats at this point -- he will no doubt be trying for an NFL deal again in 2019.

Yes, but I don't think CFL stats make any difference in that regard. You just have to be in the right place at the right time. There is no doubt he can play down there.

OV Argo
09-14-2018, 10:56 PM
Yes, but I don't think CFL stats make any difference in that regard. You just have to be in the right place at the right time. There is no doubt he can play down there.

Yep - right place in the right time is huge for a CFL guy hoping to make it down there = sign with a team that has real need at your position.

Bryan Burnham is IMO about the best all-around CFL receiver now (and quite a bit better than Posey) - will he get an NFL look? - could be / maybe / who knows - connections are important. Zylstra made the Vikings.

gilthethrill
09-15-2018, 06:53 AM

I think part of Poseys problem is that he already played in the NFL and didn't really distinguish himself first time around. Not sure what type of stats he will get with Jennings starting for the injured Lulay. He will be with the Argos in 2019.

AngeloV
09-15-2018, 12:07 PM
I think part of Poseys problem is that he already played in the NFL and didn't really distinguish himself first time around. Not sure what type of stats he will get with Jennings starting for the injured Lulay. He will be with the Argos in 2019.

The only thing stats may do for him is make him a bigger priority as a CFL free agent IMO. Maybe a productive finish for him will put him up there among the higher paid import receivers, and if he has decided that the NFL is no longer in the cards, that would make sense.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8