PDA

View Full Version : LB Jeff Knox Jr. signing with Argos

ArgoGabe22
09-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Recent NFL cut. Start the airlift!

http://3downnation.com/2018/09/05/former-riders-lb-jeff-knox-jr-signing-with-argos/

Argo57
09-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Recent NFL cut. Start the airlift!

http://3downnation.com/2018/09/05/former-riders-lb-jeff-knox-jr-signing-with-argos/

Maybe he can tackle!
Good addition.

Neely2005
09-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Will he have to sit out his first 2 games?

Argo57
09-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Will he have to sit out his first 2 games?

I’m sure Archer’s system is pretty easy to master😁

Neely2005
09-05-2018, 08:09 PM
I’m sure Archer’s system is pretty easy to master

Lol, Archer has a system? When did that happen?
:-)

Argo57
09-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Lol, Archer has a system? When did that happen?
:-)

1 finger in the air (zone)
2 fingers in the air (zone)
Ok Jeff you’re ready to play!

Neely2005
09-05-2018, 09:11 PM
1 finger in the air (zone)
2 fingers in the air (zone)
Ok Jeff you’re ready to play!

Lol!

gilthethrill
09-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Good building block for 2019.

OV Argo
09-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Guy is mostly a CFL weak-side OLB; or maybe he could play MLB = is he going to beat out Ball or Bear Woods for playing time ? = WTF (cause i doubt he signed for CFL cheap).

paulwoods13
09-06-2018, 08:11 AM
Ball is injured and unlikely to play this week.

Jon Gonzo
09-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Was Saskatchewan's best rookie and a CFL All-Star just a few seasons ago. Lots of good football left in this player.

doubleblue
09-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Recent NFL cut. Start the airlift!http://3downnation.com/2018/09/05/former-riders-lb-jeff-knox-jr-signing-with-argos/I'm sure Knox will be able to be in uniform for the game Saturday and maybe Archer can sneak him into the game when Green starts running wild again. The best system I know for a LBer is "go to the ball" like the crow flies. Works every time. Now if Popp can find a couple of big DE's like former Argos Jonathan Brown and Tristan Okpalaugo we might be in business.

AngeloV
09-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Now if Popp can find a couple of big DE's like former Argos Jonathan Brown and Tristan Okpalaugo we might be in business.

Wouldn't that be nice?

argolio
09-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Nice signing.

Bleeds Double Blue
09-06-2018, 04:04 PM
Pleased with this signing. Perhaps he can hold down the fort until Bear Wood's hand heals. It's tough to do anything with a cast on your hand. Been there done that.

AngeloV
09-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Pleased with this signing. Perhaps he can hold down the fort until Bear Wood's hand heals. It's tough to do anything with a cast on your hand. Been there done that.

Woods shouldn't have been playing the last 2 games with that cast. They were doing fine with a healthy Tuggle there before. I know he's a leader, but that cast makes it hard to play at a high level. I want to see Knox go into the WILL spot. I'd even prefer to see them go 3-4 considering they haven't applied pressure all year anyway.

Interesting tweet from Derek Taylor today where he lists most QB pressures through Week 12. Shawn Lemon is 5th in the league with 22. I suggested to Taylor that most have been since he left the Argos, and he confirmed that Lemon only had 7 with the Argos this year. The D is full of good players. It's so obvious that Mike Archer is over his head as DC.

Stevoman
09-06-2018, 08:40 PM
I’m sure Archer’s system is pretty easy to master

But he does have to be trained to go against all natural tendencies and be lined up in all of the wrong places as according to Sanchez, that is a requirement for his system!

Argo57
09-06-2018, 08:57 PM
But he does have to be trained to go against all natural tendencies and be lined up in all of the wrong places as according to Sanchez, that is a requirement for his system!

LOL, he is being debugged right now!

Wobbler
09-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Woods shouldn't have been playing the last 2 games with that cast. They were doing fine with a healthy Tuggle there before. I know he's a leader, but that cast makes it hard to play at a high level. I want to see Knox go into the WILL spot. I'd even prefer to see them go 3-4 considering they haven't applied pressure all year anyway.

Interesting tweet from Derek Taylor today where he lists most QB pressures through Week 12. Shawn Lemon is 5th in the league with 22. I suggested to Taylor that most have been since he left the Argos, and he confirmed that Lemon only had 7 with the Argos this year. The D is full of good players. It's so obvious that Mike Archer is over his head as DC.Five sacks and 15 pressures in four games with the Lions, vs. one sack and seven pressures in five games with us. Hmm...

Argo57
09-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Five sacks and 15 pressures in four games with the Lions, vs. one sack and seven pressures in five games with us. Hmm...

Confirms what most of us suspected since very early on this season.

Wobbler
09-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Confirms what most of us suspected since very early on this season.
We... thought Lemon would do better in BC since early in the season?

Yeah, Archer's defense hasn't been good and he should take heat for that. But it's not all on him.

Argo57
09-07-2018, 07:59 AM
We... thought Lemon would do better in BC since early in the season?

Yeah, Archer's defense hasn't been good and he should take heat for that. But it's not all on him.

Archer’s schemes are not great, perhaps Lemon’s lack of production falls partly on the other D linemen but as the DC their abysmal performance does fall on him.

AngeloV
09-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Archer’s schemes are not great, perhaps Lemon’s lack of production falls partly on the other D linemen but as the DC their abysmal performance does fall on him.

Other than Butler, the Dline was the same as last year to start the season, and they performed better even while Butler was out than they have this year. It has to be schemes. I don't think they all lost it overnight.

Argo57
09-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Other than Butler, the Dline was the same as last year to start the season, and they performed better even while Butler was out than they have this year. It has to be schemes. I don't think they all lost it overnight.

Probably correct Angelo, my biggest concern this past off season was Chamblin departing Toronto (especially relatively late).
You could tell right from the start of 2018 things had changes drastically for the worse.
I truly think the Argo defenders never bought into Archer’s system.

AngeloV
09-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Probably correct Angelo, my biggest concern this past off season was Chamblin departing Toronto (especially relatively late).
You could tell right from the start of 2018 things had changes drastically for the worse.

I think I mentioned on here when Chamblin left that I was hoping Brackenridge would have been promoted, but I guess they figure he is a little inexperienced to be a cooridinator. I would love for them to try it now. Things can't get worse. He was a very aggressive player, so I think you would see a much more aggressive defence under him, perhaps with the secondary giving less cushion than they do now, especially on the blitz, where QB's have had an easy time hitting the hot read with room to make big plays.

Argo57
09-07-2018, 12:54 PM
I think I mentioned on here when Chamblin left that I was hoping Brackenridge would have been promoted, but I guess they figure he is a little inexperienced to be a cooridinator. I would love for them to try it now. Things can't get worse. He was a very aggressive player, so I think you would see a much more aggressive defence under him, perhaps with the secondary giving less cushion than they do now, especially on the blitz, where QB's have had an easy time hitting the hot read with room to make big plays.

He sure was an aggressive player, I remember he put a huge hit on Kackert a few years ago that put Kack out of the lineup.
TBH I never thought of Brackenridge as their DC but he played our game (quite successfully) and as you said he would probably move away from the vanilla conservative approach we currently have in favour of a more aggressive attacking style system.
Maybe time to think a little “outside the box” with some new blood.

Will
09-07-2018, 01:17 PM

It had been my hope that the veterans (Ball, Woods, Lemon, Black et al) would be able to make-up for Archer's inexperience.

I was wrong.

R.J
09-07-2018, 03:15 PM
It had been my hope that the veterans (Ball, Woods, Lemon, Black et al) would be able to make-up for Archer's inexperience.

I was wrong.
This defence reminds me of a Greg Quick run defence, and seeing as he's our linebackers coach it wouldn't surprise me if he's "assisting" Archer.
Disappointing that we missed out on Thorpe. I still wonder what Phillip Lolley is up to; he did a fine job fixing Hamilton D last season.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8