PDA

View Full Version : For those who aren't sure what Dakota Prukop is capable of

R.J
09-09-2018, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0Phw0iSoo

He can throw the deep ball with touch and ease. And boy can this kid run.

Argo
09-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Start Franklin. When mathematically eliminated - at the latest - install Prukop as backup. Enough of the clipboard holding. Split their playing time ~ 60/40 for the rest of the season.

Effect change, and start Real Soon Now. Another year of this season's crap... painful consequences.

ArgoGabe22
09-09-2018, 11:49 AM
He had his shot yesterday but someone blew it lol

ArgoZ
09-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Nice vid. Every notable player has a highlight tape, so I'm not going to be overly excited despite some nice plays. The reason he's playing professional ball at all, nevermind starting, is because of these college highlights. Prukop has speed and great running, shown by awesome special teams play last year. I'm not sold on the arm though. An unorthodox (albeit quick), short windup prevents a nice deep ball. He's put in a good amount of time with this team, so it would be nice to see him get an opportunity someday.

RB957
09-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Hey... Johnny Manziel could produce a "Heismann trophy winning" college highlight video.... hasn't meant much so far. Prukop is going to have to be patient, or try his luck elsewhere.

AngeloV
09-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Hey... Johnny Manziel could produce a "Heismann trophy winning" college highlight video.... hasn't meant much so far. Prukop is going to have to be patient, or try his luck elsewhere.

I think he is being patient, and the fact that he is collecting game cheques rather than PR money should keep him happy for the time being. I still believe Franklin will be the starter, hopefully for the rest of the year, but definitely next year.

R.J
09-11-2018, 09:45 AM
My guess is Prukop goes to the AAF. Why waste time with a team that will never give you a real shot at QB ?

AngeloV
09-11-2018, 11:21 AM
My guess is Prukop goes to the AAF. Why waste time with a team that will never give you a real shot at QB ?

I guess it all depends if that league guarantees it's contract. There is no assurances that yet another spring league attempt will even finish it's first year.

jerrym
09-11-2018, 09:35 PM
I guess it all depends if that league guarantees it's contract. There is no assurances that yet another spring league attempt will even finish it's first year.

I also suspect that is what will happen.

Rich
09-12-2018, 03:05 PM
I still believe Franklin will be the starter, hopefully for the rest of the year, but definitely next year.

You're certain that MBT has outplayed Franklin this year, yet you want to see Franklin as the starter from here on out. Sounds like a bad case of cognitive dissonance. :-)

AngeloV
09-12-2018, 04:00 PM
You're certain that MBT has outplayed Franklin this year, yet you want to see Franklin as the starter from here on out. Sounds like a bad case of cognitive dissonance. :-)

Yes I am. Team is 2-3 with him as a starter as opposed to 1-3 with Franklin.
Scoring 28.8 points per game with MBT, 17.25 with Franklin.
Take away non offensive TD's and Franklin led offence is scoring 13.75 points, MBT is averaging 24.8.
Franklin led offence failed to score more than 20 points in any game. MBT has not scored less than 22.
Frankilin's offence put up 4 points in his last home start (2 TD's on fumble returns by D and ST's) and 14 in his last start in which he threw 3 picks.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should start Franklin the rest of the season, but one has to be completely bias to think that MBT hasn't outplayed him (and it really isn't even close).

I want to see Franklin because I still believe he is the QB of the future, and want to see if his benching lit a fire under him.

argotom
09-12-2018, 07:16 PM
All bets are off with this team, now in last place and unlikely to make the playoffs.
I say that should be the bell for the QB auditions for next year.
By giving each of the 3 sufficient starts or game playing time and similarly evaluating who you don't want back.

argolio
09-12-2018, 07:19 PM
I could see Prukop getting a start late in the season if we're eliminated.

paulwoods13
09-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Again, we are NOT officially eliminated from playoff contention, and until we are there is zero chance mgmt will start prepping for next year. No mgmt group on any team in any league would throw in the towel while there's still a chance to make the playoffs (regardless of how improbable it might seem).

jerrym
09-12-2018, 07:47 PM
If we are eliminated, Prukop may get a chance to show his stuff in CFL. I like his mobility and savvy but I'll reserve judgement until I see him in CFL action.

R.J
09-12-2018, 09:40 PM
I could see Franklin maybe getting a start or some snaps once the Argos are officially eliminated (still not entirely sold though), but Prukop wasn't even allowed to throw one pass during the pre season, so I have a real hard time seeing Trestman putting him out there to throw a ball let alone start a game. Maybe a short yardage trick play or something, but I think that'd be a one time thing.

Rich
09-13-2018, 01:35 AM
Yes I am. Team is 2-3 with him as a starter as opposed to 1-3 with Franklin.
Scoring 28.8 points per game with MBT, 17.25 with Franklin.
Take away non offensive TD's and Franklin led offence is scoring 13.75 points, MBT is averaging 24.8.
Franklin led offence failed to score more than 20 points in any game. MBT has not scored less than 22.
Frankilin's offence put up 4 points in his last home start (2 TD's on fumble returns by D and ST's) and 14 in his last start in which he threw 3 picks.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should start Franklin the rest of the season, but one has to be completely bias to think that MBT hasn't outplayed him (and it really isn't even close).

I want to see Franklin because I still believe he is the QB of the future, and want to see if his benching lit a fire under him.

So I guess what you're saying is that the relative play of the two QBs so far doesn't have much bearing on who should be the starting QB going forward. And that ever since he arrived, James Franklin never lost the title as Argos QB Of The Future. And that a highly-motivated Franklin, combined with some exciting new weapons in the offence, could possibly re-ignite this team for another fall run.

I'm with you on all of it, brother.

AngeloV
09-13-2018, 10:51 AM
So I guess what you're saying is that the relative play of the two QBs so far doesn't have much bearing on who should be the starting QB going forward. And that ever since he arrived, James Franklin never lost the title as Argos QB Of The Future. And that a highly-motivated Franklin, combined with some exciting new weapons in the offence, could possibly re-ignite this team for another fall run.

I'm with you on all of it, brother.

Yes, I still do believe in James Franklin. The change at the time was necessary because he was struggling, but I do believe it is time to go back to him, especially knowing that MBT is now a more than capable back up.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8