PDA

View Full Version : Interesting depth chart note

Will
09-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Of the 12 starters listed on the Argos (https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ArgosDepth_vsCGYNov26-1.pdf) depth chart for last year's Grey Cup only two of them (Cleyon Laing and Bear Woods) played tonight.

Owusu-Ansah = retired
Vaughn = season ending injury
Jermaine Gabriel = injured
Murray = Ottawa
White = Montreal
Plummer = injured
Ball = injured
Wynn = injured
Lemon = traded to BC
Butler = retired

Argo57
09-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Of the 12 starters listed on the Argos (https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ArgosDepth_vsCGYNov26-1.pdf) depth chart for last year's Grey Cup only two of them (Cleyon Laing and Bear Woods) played tonight.

Owusu-Ansah = retired
Vaughn = season ending injury
Jermaine Gabriel = injured
Murray = Ottawa
White = Montreal
Plummer = injured
Ball = injured
Wynn = injured
Lemon = traded to BC
Butler = retired

And last but certainly not least
Corey Chamblin = University of Arkansas

mchesher03
09-23-2018, 11:20 AM
Yup - definitely a different defence this year

I still think the problem is with the lack of pressure from the defensive line - this is being exasperated by a weaker secondary and you have the current defence.

How bad was the tackling in that 80 yard run? Really missed gabriel’s sure tackling there

Will
09-23-2018, 02:39 PM

I still think the problem is with the lack of pressure from the defensive line - this is being exasperated by a weaker secondary and you have the current defence.

How bad was the tackling in that 80 yard run? Really missed gabriel’s sure tackling there

You've seen in previous games that Masoli and Collaros have been forced from the pocket, but the Argos are terrible at contain and the QB is usually able to make the play.

doubleblue
09-23-2018, 04:32 PM

You're bang on with those statements.

OV Argo
09-23-2018, 09:18 PM
Continuing to trot out some of the same mediocre or sub-pars - including the useless production from DE; this DC for the Argos is a clueless clown IMO/

Argo57
09-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Continuing to trot out some of the same mediocre or sub-pars - including the useless production from DE; this DC for the Argos is a clueless clown IMO/

Yes sir, and it shows on the field.
Reminds me of the 2016 D.

R.J
09-23-2018, 10:51 PM
You've seen in previous games that Masoli and Collaros have been forced from the pocket, but the Argos are terrible at contain and the QB is usually able to make the play.
Even last year the team seemed to struggle with QB's who could get out of the pocket.

mchesher03
09-24-2018, 03:07 PM
Yes sir, and it shows on the field.
Reminds me of the 2016 D.

Too many similarities to the 2016 season IMO.

Such is life though, to have two terrible seasons sandwiched between a Grey Cup isn’t the worst outcome in the world (although obviously not the best).

For what it’s worth, Calgary almost has as many regular season wins this year-to-date and the boatmen this year-to-date and last year combined. I’d still take the blue hand over the red hand although yes, it’s been painful at times this year.

argolio
09-24-2018, 11:46 PM
And last but certainly not least
Corey Chamblin = University of ArkansasFor the record, Arkansas is having a horrible year

mchesher03
09-25-2018, 02:51 PM
Are we sure Chamblin = Arkansas? I don’t see him on their website.

argolio
09-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Are we sure Chamblin = Arkansas? I don’t see him on their website.Supposedly he's a quality-control coach. Maybe they don't list "sub-coaches", or maybe he never went there at all.

Argo57
09-25-2018, 06:29 PM
For the record, Arkansas is having a horrible year

No big deal, Quality Control Coach (whatever that means).

Neely2005
09-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Looks like Woods is injured again:

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/09/25/report-argos-lb-woods-week-week/

Argo57
09-25-2018, 08:38 PM
Looks like Woods is injured again:

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/09/25/report-argos-lb-woods-week-week/

Have to wonder if Woods will be back next season?

mchesher03
09-26-2018, 08:18 AM
Poor Bear, having a heckuva time shaking that injury bug this year.

doubleblue
09-26-2018, 02:51 PM
They still have Jordan and Tiggle for the MLB spot, but Woods IMO is the best at reading the plays and getting his nose on the ball, when he's healthy. Looks like almost a lost season for him. Hopefully he can get healthy in the off season and make another run next season.

lazycro
09-26-2018, 06:47 PM
McCluster may be in the lineup this week

gilthethrill
09-26-2018, 06:48 PM
They still have Jordan and Tiggle for the MLB spot, but Woods IMO is the best at reading the plays and getting his nose on the ball, when he's healthy. Looks like almost a lost season for him. Hopefully he can get healthy in the off season and make another run next season.

I see Edmonton signed MLB Taylor Reed, a prime FA acquisition during the off season to their PR yesterday. Did he even report to TC? Anyone know what happened there? Anyone...Buehler....

lazycro
09-26-2018, 07:28 PM
I see Edmonton signed MLB Taylor Reed, a prime FA acquisition during the off season to their PR yesterday. Did he even report to TC? Anyone know what happened there? Anyone...Buehler....

He was added to the 6game in June. Removed later on and then dropped.

gilthethrill
09-26-2018, 07:59 PM
He was added to the 6game in June. Removed later on and then dropped.

True...does anyone know what injury he suffered? A prized FA signing that would have helped the D (sorry OV).Seems too quiet...

7dj83r8f78t4alf8