Sincerely,

Our sanity!

Argo
10-05-2018, 11:01 AM
3 - 11

yawn

AngeloV
10-05-2018, 12:59 PM
I refuse to give up hope until they are officially eliminated. Argos win in Vancouver again.

Bleeds Double Blue
10-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Guaranteed win night! This team for whatever reason always wins with yours truly at the game. Hey Jim Popp, are you reading this? I expect to be flown out to every game next year. Business class if you please.

Sadly for health reasons I haven't been able to make my annual trips to BMO this year which in part accounts for the dismal record but I will be there in full force tomorrow night. Look for me in the stands. I will be the guy in the white Chad Owens jersey getting beer poured on his head.

lazycro
10-05-2018, 02:40 PM
I gotta do some close down at the cottage.... trying to figure out how to convince my relatives to put on the football game instead of the Leafs vs Sens which my cousin is a Sens fan....

jerrym
10-05-2018, 03:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full depth ⤵️ <a href="https://t.co/aEroRRgwdR">pic.twitter.com/aEroRRgwdR</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/1048219268238663681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jerrym
10-05-2018, 03:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here it is! Your <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BCLions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BCLions</a> depth chart for tomorrow&#39;s tilt with <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TorontoArgos</a> 🦁 🙌<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAreTheLions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WeAreTheLions</a> <a href="https://t.co/x8QGDkeqpA">pic.twitter.com/x8QGDkeqpA</a></p>&mdash; BC Lions (@BCLions) <a href="https://twitter.com/BCLions/status/1048234404403974144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AngeloV
10-05-2018, 03:53 PM
I gotta do some close down at the cottage.... trying to figure out how to convince my relatives to put on the football game instead of the Leafs vs Sens which my cousin is a Sens fan....

From the Sens fans I know, I'd be surprised if he wasn't begging you to not watch that game. They are a very pissed off group. Kind of sounds like the majority of people on this forum now that I think of it.

:)

gilthethrill
10-05-2018, 04:22 PM
I, along with others will be watching closely the debut of Greg McGhee as he faces the team that let him go a couple seasons back.

paulwoods13
10-05-2018, 06:42 PM
I, along with others will be watching closely the debut of Greg McGhee as he faces the team that let him go a couple seasons back.

Is Prukop hurt? Because otherwise I cannot think of any reason that McGhee is getting an actual game cheque.

Argo57
10-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Is Prukop hurt? Because otherwise I cannot think of any reason that McGhee is getting an actual game cheque.

Perhaps Trestman giving RJ the big FU.

gilthethrill
10-05-2018, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=paulwoods13;134000]Is Prukop hurt? Because otherwise I cannot think of any reason that McGhee is getting an actual game cheque.[/QUOTE

I thought someone mentioned Prukop hurt himself in pre game warm-up against the Riders? Injury update from the Argos is not a strength.

AngeloV
10-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Prukop injured himself in warmups last home game. I blame the abuse of the turf from TFC.

Argo57
10-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Prukop injured himself in warmups last home game. I blame the abuse of the turf from TFC.

5’4” 135lb Giovinco beats the hell out of the turf.

Wobbler
10-05-2018, 11:10 PM
Giovinco aside, are the two teams getting along? I haven't noticed much friction lately and had hoped that it meant something.

doubleblue
10-05-2018, 11:32 PM
I thought the last game the grass looked as beat up as I've seen it since the Argos started playing there. Especially between the hash marks where football teams leave their mark. So I'm not surprised the little guys in short pants were complaining. The three weeks off from football and cooler weather should help the grass rebound.

argolio
10-05-2018, 11:42 PM
Perhaps Trestman giving RJ the big FU.lol!

Giovinco aside, are the two teams getting along? I haven't noticed much friction lately and had hoped that it meant something.Probably on hold because both teams are sucking canal water this year.

DoubleBlue_Red
10-06-2018, 12:31 AM
Giovinco aside, are the two teams getting along? I haven't noticed much friction lately and had hoped that it meant something.

They don't have a choice but to get along. If the fans ever came in contact I'm afraid there would be physical fights.

jerrym
10-06-2018, 10:45 AM

Based on Trestman's approach to QBs, McGhee won't see the field unless both BMT and Franklin are injured.

gilthethrill
10-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Based on Trestman's approach to QBs, McGhee won't see the field unless both BMT and Franklin are injured.

Sorry Jerry, I was joking about the McGhee storyline..I very highly doubt McGhee will be around long.

Neely2005
10-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Picture In Picture.

RB957
10-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Picture In Picture.

Picture in picture at a cottage? Boy, that's a far cry from the old days with CBC and rabbit ears!

RB957
10-06-2018, 12:48 PM
I have very little optimism about tonight's game. The Argos have never played well there, they have not won on the road this year, BC is still in a legitimate fight (as opposed to just a mathematical possibility) for a playoff spot, and they were seriously embarrassed last week in Hamilton so are going to be playing p*ssed off. I think for all of those reasons, this game is not going to go well for us. I hope I am wrong, but even if we win, we just prolong the inevitable. I am almost wishing we lose, so at least we might get the chance to see Franklin play some more games before the season is over.

AngeloV
10-06-2018, 12:51 PM

For the most part there has never been friction between the 2 teams publicly other than what Gio has and continues to say. It's there supporters group that are the problem, and obviously the powers that be are aware of that.

AngeloV
10-06-2018, 12:53 PM
They don't have a choice but to get along. If the fans ever came in contact I'm afraid there would be physical fights.

Yeah, I don't think so, but their supporters (notice I didn't say fans, because I realize the majority of their fans don't share the views of their supporter groups) do seem to have a pack mentality. Brave in numbers.

lazycro
10-06-2018, 02:39 PM
From the Sens fans I know, I'd be surprised if he wasn't begging you to not watch that game. They are a very pissed off group. Kind of sounds like the majority of people on this forum now that I think of it.

:)

He's like 17 and almost passed out while we were pulling the docks out of the water

lazycro
10-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Picture in picture at a cottage? Boy, that's a far cry from the old days with CBC and rabbit ears!

Lol no not on the crappy bell box we got

jerrym
10-06-2018, 03:33 PM
The Argos may have a decent chance against BC, if Jonathon Jennings, who has passed for 200 yards or more only once in seven games this year, has another poor one.

Argo57
10-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Nice run by Burks for the longest run from scrimmage by the Argos this season.

Neely2005
10-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Meanwhile our kickers regularly miss from under 40 yards.

Shatto
10-06-2018, 08:30 PM
42 yards passing for the half and 3 interceptions. Wonder if Trestman sees any reason now, why there needs to be a QB change

Argo57
10-06-2018, 08:35 PM
42 yards passing for the half and 3 interceptions. Wonder if Trestman sees any reason now, why there needs to be a QB change

It’s 42 more yards passing than they had before the game started, you need to be more appreciative there Shatto😛

Neely2005
10-06-2018, 09:02 PM
It's well past time for MBT to sit.

argotom
10-06-2018, 09:18 PM
It's obvious after 3 quarters we are not going to win this game, no idea why Trestman is so stubborn to make a QB change?

Argo57
10-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Franklin is in and running for his life.

Neely2005
10-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Does no one on this team no how to tackle?

Argo57
10-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Does no one on this team no how to tackle?

No.

Argo57
10-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Way to go James!!
Looks poised and has a really good arm, stick with this guy and let him get some experience!!!!

Neely2005
10-06-2018, 09:46 PM
Franklin immediately shows the difference at quarterback.

Brutal 2 point convert.

Neely2005
10-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Carter with a TD.

Follows it up with a stupid penalty.

Argo57
10-06-2018, 09:51 PM
Franklin showing why he should be in there, good arm and he can run when he needs to.

argotom
10-06-2018, 09:52 PM
In a mop up role, Franklin looking very good.
He has to start next week, but again I would have the other two QB's also involved.

Argo57
10-06-2018, 10:08 PM
In a mop up role, Franklin looking very good.
He has to start next week, but again I would have the other two QB's also involved.

Not quite a mop up role.
Priority moving forward should be continuing James Franklin’s development, the kid has all the physical tools to be an elite CFL QB but needs to play.

argotom
10-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Not quite a mop up role.
Priority moving forward should be continuing James Franklin’s development, the kid has all the physical tools to be an elite CFL QB but needs to play.

In the one quarter of work and his best as an Argo, Franklin finally lived up to his Edmonton press clippings.
Has to show this consistency going forward.

Argo57
10-06-2018, 10:26 PM
In the one quarter of work and his best as an Argo, Franklin finally lived up to his Edmonton press clippings.
Has to show this consistency going forward.

Agreed.

Shatto
10-06-2018, 10:27 PM
BTM in 3 quarters----- passes for 97 yds, rushes for 2yds and has 4 interception
Franklin goes in with 14 min left in the 4th quarter---passes for 103 yds, rushes for 61 yds, no interceptions and 2 TD's

Is there any question who should start for the rest of this season? Not just because of his performance in this game but more importantly to determine if Franklin can demonstrate, as he did tonight, if he is the team's QB for next year. Not sure why Trestman has been so stubborn on this issue.

Additionally, it was great to see Carter showing why he can be a valuable asset to the offense.

Argo57
10-06-2018, 10:47 PM
BTM in 3 quarters----- passes for 97 yds, rushes for 2yds and has 4 interception
Franklin goes in with 14 min left in the 4th quarter---passes for 103 yds, rushes for 61 yds, no interceptions and 2 TD's

Is there any question who should start for the rest of this season? Not just because of his performance in this game but more importantly to determine if Franklin can demonstrate, as he did tonight, if he is the team's QB for next year. Not sure why Trestman has been so stubborn on this issue.

Additionally, it was great to see Carter showing why he can be a valuable asset to the offense.

The most impressive part of Franklin’s performance was no picks thrown to the Lions D-Line.

cfl-cis fan
10-06-2018, 11:01 PM
why did we lose this game !!

ArgoRavi
10-07-2018, 02:52 AM

They lost because of 4 turnovers. This was absolutely a winnable game. Anyway, this was the Franklin we expected and hopefully will see much more of over the final four games of the season.

gilthethrill
10-07-2018, 06:43 AM
Branden Burks put together a nice outing, had he been able to hang onto that catchable ball from Franklin he may have scored. No doubt we have seen the last of MBT as a starting qb.

Argofan_1000
10-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Branden Burks put together a nice outing, had he been able to hang onto that catchable ball from Franklin he may have scored. No doubt we have seen the last of MBT as a starting qb.

we should have won more games with this team.

for next year Franklin looks good and is signed. Carter looked good last night, Cross out of McMaster always plays well. MBT should be signed/extended as he is a solid backup. SJ is always a leader and is solid. Burks very quick - why the drop.

Why did we trade Lemon? TSN web site did a little thing on him and he has more sacks then the entire Argos defence.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/details-with-derek-taylor-shawn-lemon-s-performance-since-trade-to-bc~1508245

jerrym
10-07-2018, 09:22 AM
I bought a ticket for the game and watched MBT play for three quarters. I want three quarters of my money back.

Joe Barnes
10-07-2018, 09:23 AM

An absolutely winnable game. If the kicker could execute an onside kick, maybe we would have! Though it shouldn't have come to that...

jerrym
10-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Carter with a TD.

The Carter we all know and love is back!

gilthethrill
10-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Carter with a TD.

Trestman was seen on the sideline telling DC not to worry about that one. He made an effort to punch the ball loose in desperation time. Not a bad penalty in my books.

Joe Barnes
10-07-2018, 09:31 AM
I bought a ticket for the game and watched MBT play for three quarters. I want three quarters of my money back.

Good one! As others have said, I hope the MBT experiment is now done. Nothing against him, he seems like a good guy, but that was a truly awful performance. The BC D had his number. They knew what he was going to do and he had no answer, unlike Franklin, who can make things happen with his feet. The question moving forward is this what Trestman wants to see from his QB?

RB957
10-07-2018, 09:42 AM

100%.

Bleeds Double Blue
10-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Well so much for my personal in game winning streak.

RB957
10-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Well so much for my personal in game winning streak.

And you were SO close to getting all expense paid trips to the away games for next season.

R.J
10-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Saw the game this morning as I was at my cousins wedding last night, and IMO this loss is all on Trestman and his decision to keep Bethel Thompson out there. This was an easily winnable game, as the Argos were playing the Jennings lead Lions and not the Lulay lead Lions. Defence didn't play great yet again, but surprisingly I'm not going to put it on Archer, as the players seem really confused about tackling. Offensively: Thompson's play and Trestman's play calling shit the bed; simple as that. Predictable, and Thompson has very little concept of going through his reads - seems to only look at two options.

I'm not going to put much stock in Franklin coming in at garbage time, but I do think we saw glimpses of what he's capable of. Eg. His running ability (may not be fast, but knows how to use his legs). His arm which is so much better than Thompson heavily overrated arm - anyone else notice Franklin's throw to White with 3 defenders around ? Yeah, Thompson couldn't make that throw (funny enough, I've seen Prukop do it though). And lastly, Franklin actually went through his reads - quite a few plays where you could see he was looking all over the field; again not something Thompson does really well.

Trestman needs to go.

Keep Carter and Franklin on the field together!

jerrym
10-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Saw the game this morning as I was at my cousins wedding last night, and IMO this loss is all on Trestman and his decision to keep Bethel Thompson out there. This was an easily winnable game, as the Argos were playing the Jennings lead Lions and not the Lulay lead Lions.
Keep Carter and Franklin on the field together!

I agree. BMT's long passes were nowhere near any Argo receiver. Even some of his five yards and a cloud of dust passes were off target and two of them went for interceptions at the DL. Not only did Franklin play way better, it was obvious in the stands that the entire offence played harder once he entered the game. Carter was barely going through the motions until Franklin entered the game because he probably knew that if he did get open on a long pass the ball would never be near him. I know that's Carter's fault for his attitude but it also says something about what the offence thinks of BMT's skills.

jerrym
10-07-2018, 03:24 PM
One player who never let's up on offence and maximizes his natural skills not only in this game but in others, was Declan Cross, who, not by accident, also led Argo receivers in number of receptions with four and in yardage with 55.

When Wilder comes back, a mixture of Wilder's power style with Burks and McCluster's shiftiness and speed as alternating RBs or sometimes paired together could give opposition defences trouble.

While the defence did not play great, they did reasonably well compared to past games considering how many twos and outs and interceptions from our offence they were forced to deal with when BMT was QBing

AngeloV
10-07-2018, 03:38 PM
An absolutely winnable game. If the kicker could execute an onside kick, maybe we would have! Though it shouldn't have come to that...

You’re kidding right? This is the first time I have ever seen a loss pinned on a failed on side kick attempt. Hi last kick was excellent. BC did a great job of not letting the Argos get to that ball.

jerrym
10-07-2018, 04:09 PM

IMO, this was a winnable game, but for a different reason. If Trestman had allowed Franklin play earlier in the game, the Argos might well have come out of it with a win.

Argo
10-07-2018, 04:14 PM
You’re kidding right? This is the first time I have ever seen a loss pinned on a failed on side kick attempt. Hi last kick was excellent. BC did a great job of not letting the Argos get to that ball.

Recovering an onside kick = pure gravy.

paulwoods13
10-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Yeah, Thompson couldn't make that throw (funny enough, I've seen Prukop do it though).

Let me guess, you saw Prukop make that throw last year, at the same time you figured out that MBT isn't any good, right?

Joe Barnes
10-07-2018, 09:02 PM

But they had three cracks at it!

Joe Barnes
10-07-2018, 09:04 PM

I must say, though, you are right in that I should not pin the loss on the missed on side kicks. It was a lot more than that...

AngeloV
10-07-2018, 11:00 PM
I must say, though, you are right in that I should not pin the loss on the missed on side kicks. It was a lot more than that...

haha. Absolutely. Onside kicks are only done in desperation, and I would guess the success rate is less than 1 in 3.

Stevoman
10-07-2018, 11:00 PM
As a Westcoast Argos fan, it was special to take my family to their first "Argos" game yesterday. We've been to several Lions games but it has never worked to all go when the Argos are in town. It was fun to have them all decked out in double blue and while we were not expecting much, we were sad the Argos could not complete the comeback. My family can attest that I was yelling for Franklin in the second quarter and when he finally came in, there was a night and day difference in both execution and excitement in the game. He definitely should be playing next week!

Getting to watch them live, you really notice who the leaders are and I was particularly impressed with Darby for how he communicates to others on the field. Green took a tremendous hit but was also on the sidelines encouraging others all game. Myles White played fairly well and made a great catch on the third down conversion in the fourth off a strong throw by Franklin.

Long had them pinned in their own end all night and nailed long field goals and that was really the difference. The Argos then beat themselves by taking way too many penalties in the first half and turning the ball over killing any momentum and of course, waiting too long to make the QB change.

paulwoods13
10-08-2018, 06:20 AM
haha. Absolutely. Onside kicks are only done in desperation, and I would guess the success rate is less than 1 in 3.

According to someone named Stats Junkie on Riderfans: "Since 2012 19 of 98 or 19.4%

Since 2016 8 of 39 or 20.5% but only 3 of 30 or 10.0% late in the 4th quarter."

7dj83r8f78t4alf8