PDA

View Full Version : Argos at Maple Leaf Stadium

Will
10-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Interesting tidbit from Stats Junkie on Twitter (I can't recall his handle off the top of my head), but he says that in the 20's that the Argos played a few games at Maple Leaf Stadium which was located at Bathurst/Queens Quay. I don't recall ever hearing of this as I thought Argos played at Varsity continuous through 1958.

argos1873
10-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Interesting tidbit from Stats Junkie on Twitter (I can't recall his handle off the top of my head), but he says that in the 20's that the Argos played a few games at Maple Leaf Stadium which was located at Bathurst/Queens Quay. I don't recall ever hearing of this as I thought Argos played at Varsity continuous through 1958.

I'll take a look through the Toronto Star archives to see if I can find anything about this. I also haven't heard of such a thing. But I suppose its possible, for an exhibition maybe.

doubleblue
10-13-2018, 10:30 AM

I believe the Argos starting playing at Varsity Stadium in 1911, which was new at the time. But maybe they did play some games at old ML Stadium. I don't go that far back. lol
But I have been to the old ML Stadium when the Triple A Baseball Leafs played there. It wasn't very good for football viewing as most baseball stadium aren't. But Leo Cahill's Rifles played there before it got demolished.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8