View Full Version : Is Calgary the Favourite to Win the Grey Cup?

jerrym
10-23-2018, 10:28 PM
With WRs Begelton, Daniels, Michel and Jorden all injured, the ground attack less productive and Bo looking vulnerable, there suddenly are questions about whether the Stampeders are the favourites to win the Grey Cup. I say no. Below is a debate on the issue from CFL journalists.

Marshall Ferguson: Yes. Two weeks does not a season make, but another home loss would leave all of us scratching our heads.

Matthew Cauz: Yes. I will take their organizational strength over the fact that they probably lost two more receivers as I write this. Now once they get to the Grey Cup I have no faith in them defeating a barely over .500 East Division team.

Chris O’Leary: No. Who is? I couldn’t tell you. The foundation of the world as I’ve known it for the last five-ish years is on the six-game injured list and I feel like just about anyone could win the Grey Cup this year.

Don Landry: No. They are now merely among a number of teams that have a good chance to win it. Injuries have brought them back to the pack a bit, and the pack was gaining ground anyway.

Jamie Nye: NO! The answer is now no one is the ‘favourite’. If you tell me at the start of the post-season that (blank) team is going to win the Grey Cup, I won’t be surprised if it comes true. All six teams will be able to get there and win. They all have the talent to get it done. Some teams are hotter than others right now of course, but who knows who catches fire in November? It may just be the Stampeders again.

Jim Morris: No, I don’t think so. Losing back to back games at home and the injuries the team has suffered has hurt their chances. I’m not saying they can’t win the Grey Cup this year, but things have gotten much harder for them.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/10/23/weekly-say-stamps-still-grey-cup-favourite/

Argo57
10-24-2018, 07:35 AM
Any CFL team that qualifies for the playoffs has a reasonable chance at the Grey Cup as the Argos have proven in their last two triumphs.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8