PDA

View Full Version : Argo Fans Meet Up at Fan Day on Saturday June 23rd 2012

T-Bone
06-01-2012, 08:42 AM
So Fan Day has been confirmed for June 23rd. Mulder, argomANIA, and I will be setting up our tent across the field on the opposite side of where everything else is usually set up, come on by and say hello. Unfortunately I have other commitments in the evening that day so I won't be able to help organize the flag football game after Fan Day as I would have liked. If someone here is willing to step up and organize it that would be great. I hope to see many of you there!

gilthethrill
06-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I am there! Looking forward to it. As for the football game, I will let you know in a couple days if I can organize it or not, but I am interested.

T-Bone
06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I am there! Looking forward to it. As for the football game, I will let you know in a couple days if I can organize it or not, but I am interested.
Awesome. Any one else interested in playing please make it known so we can get an idea of how many want to play.

ArgoGabe22
06-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I'll play!

BATKINSON001
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
So Fan Day has been confirmed for June 23rd. Mulder, argomANIA, and I will be setting up our tent across the field on the opposite side of where everything else is usually set up, come on by and say hello. Unfortunately I have other commitments in the evening that day so I won't be able to help organize the flag football game after Fan Day as I would have liked. If someone here is willing to step up and organize it that would be great. I hope to see many of you there!

it's on a sat this year? where was this posted?

I gotta change my time off request from work then, booked the 24th off thinking it was on the sunday again.

Mulder
06-01-2012, 11:09 AM

I'll play!

it's on a sat this year? where was this posted?

I gotta change my time off request from work then, booked the 24th off thinking it was on the sunday again.

It's in the season ticket booklet. I was surprised with it being a Saturday as well.

gilthethrill
06-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I'll play!

With my first pick I select.....hhhmm....ArgoGabe22! I hope AV will still be available in the second round!

Mulder
06-02-2012, 07:57 AM
If we do play. Would people prefer before or after the Fan fest?

I can put it to a vote.

I'll also bring some refreshments, water/pop/wobbly pop. And if enough people are interested I can bring my BBQ and make burgs/hotdogs at cost.

gilthethrill
06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I am good to play either before or after. I don't have any flags but I do have a ball, pylons & a tee.

Is it me or is response to the whole affair a little quiet?

Will
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
If we do play. Would people prefer before or after the Fan fest?

I can put it to a vote.

I'll also bring some refreshments, water/pop/wobbly pop. And if enough people are interested I can bring my BBQ and make burgs/hotdogs at cost.

Will Marc Angelo let you?

T-Bone
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Is it me or is response to the whole affair a little quiet?
It's not you, it's the response. Come on people, if you want to play speak up. We have someone that is willing to coordinate things.

Mulder
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Will Marc Angelo let you?

Marc Angelo doesn't own the rights for me to cook my own food. :P

ArgoGabe22
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I thought everyone was willing to pay to rent out field space and now we have a great opportunity for free and no one's interested? Not sure if before is possible. The Argos have pratice before no? And the fields usually are off limits but I think fanday will be the only exception especially after.

argomANIA
06-12-2012, 07:49 PM
This really irritates me. No one ever responds. Complains about fans not getting together to show support....and then post that they were at said event. Stop hiding behind a screen name! C'mon guys!

Mulder
06-12-2012, 09:45 PM
This really irritates me. No one ever responds. Complains about fans not getting together to show support....and then post that they were at said event. Stop hiding behind a screen name! C'mon guys!

It is what it is.

I'll print a small playbook for anyone wanting to run some plays, Id love to either play receiver/defense or QB. Infact anything where I run is fine by me!

Will
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Marc Angelo doesn't own the rights for me to cook my own food. :P

No, but they probably wouldn't let you sell the food.

Mulder
06-12-2012, 10:45 PM
No, but they probably wouldn't let you sell the food.

We'll see! If I even bring the BBQ!

Argocister
06-13-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it ..... in Newfoundland that weekend. One of these days I'll make it
Maybe I'll get some of my family to go..... not the hubby tho.... he's the Ticat fan. ...... although I guess I could get you guys to rough him over in the game (only kidding)

gilthethrill
06-13-2012, 06:35 AM
It is what it is.

I'll print a small playbook for anyone wanting to run some plays, Id love to either play receiver/defense or QB. Infact anything where I run is fine by me!

That sounds cool.....I will bring a ball and even some pylons....I am still hoping ArgoGabe will help me with place kicking too. I will also place an order for the barbecue.

ArgoGabe22
06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
That sounds cool.....I will bring a ball and even some pylons....I am still hoping ArgoGabe will help me with place kicking too. I will also place an order for the barbecue.

Yeah I don't mind as long as you don't nail some kid with your kick.

gilthethrill
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah I don't mind as long as you don't nail some kid with your kick.

Thanks...or even worse, put an Argo starter on IR with an errant kick....

T-Bone
06-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Argos Celebrate Family Day

Fans will have their first opportunity to meet the 2012 Toronto Argonauts on Saturday, June 23 at Toronto Argonauts Family Day, presented by the Toronto Sun. Just a short time before the 2012 season opener on July 7, Family Day is a free, unique and interactive experience for the whole family as Argos fans get an opportunity to watch the team practice and meet the players, coaches and cheerleaders.

Event Details:
DATE: Saturday, June 23, 2012
TIME: 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION:U of T at Mississauga | 3359 Mississauga Rd. N. | South Portables, Lower Field
PARKING: Parking available in Lots #8 and #9

ArgoGabe22
06-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Come on people lets get this game organized!

gilthethrill
06-20-2012, 10:46 AM
The past few Fan Days only new merchandise has been sold. I miss the booths that sold practise worn gear, any idea if there will be some of that available?

argomANIA
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
The past few Fan Days only new merchandise has been sold. I miss the booths that sold practise worn gear, any idea if there will be some of that available?

A lot of that stuff gets sold at the locker room sale in December. Thats probably why it hasn't been available at Fan Day.

gilthethrill
06-20-2012, 11:22 AM
A lot of that stuff gets sold at the locker room sale in December. Thats probably why it hasn't been available at Fan Day.

Thats what I thought...I can never make those locker rooms sales in December...hence my Argo wardrobe is getting thin...

Mulder
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
I won't be bringing the BBQ, but I will bring some water and stuff for those willing to run around a bit!

ArgoGabe22
06-22-2012, 03:08 PM
So in the end who's coming to this? I'll probably be there at 1 wearing my Rocket Ismail jersey.

Will
06-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I will be there, will be with T-Bone, Mulder and Ania under the tent that is on the opposite side from the parking lot. I have a white Boyd jersey

ArgoDave
06-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I remember in the good old days we did a mini-tailgate in the parking lot in the corner, last couple of years no one has been there but me. What ever happened to the 00's??

gilthethrill
06-22-2012, 09:39 PM
I will be there for noon......rarely ever wear Argo gear, but always Argos colors....

ArgoGabe22
06-23-2012, 05:18 PM

They had jerseys from last year (Ballard, Lysack) and from who knows when (Kudu, Oliver, and other no namers) for $60. They were $25 at the locker room sale what a rip off!

T-Bone
06-25-2012, 12:19 PM
I just want to say though it was really breif, it was nice to meet some of you on Saturday. Hopefully we can get a Meet Up organized in the near future.

gilthethrill
06-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I just want to say though it was really breif, it was nice to meet some of you on Saturday. Hopefully we can get a Meet Up organized in the near future.

Yes it was nice to meet up, thanks for letting me hang around the tent for a while guys!

AngeloV
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice meeting gillthethrill and ArgoGabe.

argomANIA
06-25-2012, 01:34 PM

Hey what are the rest of us chopped liver? lol I'm kidding Angelo.

T-Bone
06-25-2012, 01:35 PM
I understand in my case and she is annoying so I understand in that case as well.

gilthethrill
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM

Thanks AV....I was expecting to run into a long time fan named Peter Vasoff, but he was not there...anyone on the forum been in contact with him lately?

Will
06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Peter Vasoff passed away either last year or the year before.

AngeloV
06-25-2012, 01:39 PM

I understand in my case and she is annoying so I understand in that case as well.

I have already known the 2 of you.

T-Bone
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I have already known the 2 of you.
I know, I'm just kidding around.

Mulder
06-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks AV....I was expecting to run into a long time fan named Peter Vasoff, but he was not there...anyone on the forum been in contact with him lately?

Peter Vasoff passed away either last year or the year before.

Peter passed away October 26th of last year.

http://sailtoronto.com/news/peter-vasoff-burial-celebration-life-service/

Was one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

ArgoGabe22
06-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Uh oh my identity has been revealed so if you ever see some guy with Rider gear filming practice on the parking garage roof you might be able to report him next time.

Looking forward to a future meetup, never knew who anyone was til the end.

gilthethrill
06-25-2012, 02:10 PM

I am deeply saddened about this news...I met Peter in Halifax in 2005 at Touch Down Atlantic & always made it a point to chat with him & even get him his Labour Day seats with me.....wow...

ticatfan
06-25-2012, 03:31 PM

Yes, Peter was great. I first met him in Halifax in 2005. I plan on visiting his grave before the Toronto season opener.

T-Bone
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
2012 Argonauts Family Day (http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/75211)

7dj83r8f78t4alf8