PDA

View Full Version : Who are Argo fans cheering for the rest of the way?

RB957
11-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Even though our team is finished for the season, there is plenty of football left and I wondered if it would be interesting to see who is cheering for what team or teams going forward. All have some connection to the Argos, either players or coaches or both. So what do you think?

Here is my list, in descending order, of who I would like to see win it all. I would be interested to hear what others think.

1. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2. Hamilton Tiger Cats
3. B.C. Lions
4. Ottawa RedBlacks
5. Saskatchewan Roughriders
6. Calgary Stampeders

ArgoGabe22
11-05-2018, 10:08 PM
My hometown (birth town) Stamps.

Wobbler
11-05-2018, 11:02 PM
I'll go with the Bombers, who haven't won it in forever.

AngeloV
11-05-2018, 11:49 PM
I'll go with the Bombers, who haven't won it in forever.

A part of me wants that to happen too. It would make Hamilton the official biggest loser in the league. 😂😂😂

Furthermore, they are a sometimes Eastern team, so I would lay claim to another Eastern team as champ. 🙂

ArgoRavi
11-06-2018, 12:59 AM
I still have negative feelings about the Bombers going back to when they were in the East Division. I can't cheer for either the Riders or the Ticats but don't want to see a crossover team succeed either. I guess I hope that Ottawa and Calgary meet in the Grey Cup. I am not sure I care who wins that matchup but perhaps it is Calgary's time.

paulwoods13
11-06-2018, 08:06 AM
The winner of B.C.-Ham. I am on the record as cheering for Hamilton to win the Grey Cup, and I'll continue to do that as long as they are alive altho I feel it's close to a hopeless cause with all the injuries they have. If B.C. beats them, then I will cheer for the Lions for Wally Buono's sake. If and when both teams are eliminated, the only other team I could possibly cheer for is Wpg.

Will
11-06-2018, 09:02 AM
The winner of B.C.-Ham. I am on the record as cheering for Hamilton to win the Grey Cup, and I'll continue to do that as long as they are alive altho I feel it's close to a hopeless cause with all the injuries they have. If B.C. beats them, then I will cheer for the Lions for Wally Buono's sake. If and when both teams are eliminated, the only other team I could possibly cheer for is Wpg.

Blasphemy!

RB957
11-06-2018, 10:28 AM

Blasphemy!

Other than hoping more for Winnipeg, I am with Paul on this one. As much as I don't like the Tiger Cats during the season, I do respect their fans for how much they support their team... and they have not won in ages either. It would be a great thing for their city to win, but I think chances are slim. I am going to the game on Sunday, and hoping for an exciting game. Never been to Tim Hortons field, so it will be interesting to compare the game day experience.

Will
11-06-2018, 10:31 AM
1. BC Lions
2. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
3. Everybody else

gilthethrill
11-06-2018, 11:36 AM
Hamilton this Sunday ....can't stand the thought of BC Place displaying Eastern Conference Champions 2018...hate the crossover but you can't have a 5 win team in the post season. Then I hope Ottawa beats Hamilton in heart breaking fashion....hope the Cup remains in the East for the 3rd year in a row.

mchesher03
11-06-2018, 12:56 PM
To me it’s a Winnipeg – Hamilton Grey Cup with the Bombers winning it and making Hamilton the longest timeframe without a championship. Don’t see it happening but would enjoy it.

As much as I dislike the ticats, it’d be amazing to have Masoli lead them to the Grey Cup when a significant portion of their fanbase (even their Head Coach) were all clamouring for Johnny Manziel.

OV Argo
11-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Bombers or Ottawa

Bombers because it's been so long since a GC victory for the Peg; and because O'Shea is one of my all-time fave players (not overly sold on him as an HC though); and because it's a team going all Canadian at a position (RB - with Harris, LaFrance & Augustine) where typical GOBs favor imports.

Ottawa as a reward for long-suffering Ottawa fans with another GC appearance for a team that was so bad for so long; that would be 3 GC games for a new team in short order - impressive; as is the job the ownership group has done to make CFL football a big part of Ottawa again; plus nice to see a couple of local/GGs products as big parts of this team's success - Sinopoli and mighty mite Lewis Ward (they also have a number of other Ottawa/Quebec football connections on this team) !

Love to see these 2 meet in the GC; not going to bet on that happening though .

R.J
11-06-2018, 02:20 PM
In the past I would have said Winnipeg as they were my other CFL team, but those days are gone as I now only cheer for the Argonauts. In a way, I'd love to see BC get into the game, so that Wally can finally ride off into the sunset (which he was supposed to do in 2011), but I'd also rather not see a West team win for the East. In the end I suppose I'd like to see Hamilton vs. Winnipeg. Admittedly, I don't really care who wins, I just want to be entertained, and I enjoy watching Ham/WPG's offence.

Neely2005
11-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Winnipeg, Ottawa or BC.

CFLfan
11-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Ottawa.
And Trevor Harris should win the MOP, Sinopoli Canadian, Ward Rookie and Special teams.
I was listening to TSN radio before the Ticat/Ottawa home and home series, and they said that the two top choices in the east for MOP, Masoli and Harris will be decided on who comes out on top in the series. Trevor Harris had two great games against the Ticats winning both and Masoli was shut down by Ottawa.

argolio
11-06-2018, 05:27 PM
I was crazy enough to pick BC a month ago, so I gotta stick with them.

It's a wide open playoff. Though unless Masoli goes nuts, I give Hamilton no shot.

ArgoZ
11-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Would Ti-Cats success or failure be beneficial to getting Orlondo here? Whatever benefits the Argos, I'll go with it.

Argo57
11-06-2018, 08:34 PM
We will be at THF for this game cheering for my son’s team (Hamilton) as he cheered for my Argonauts in last year’s Grey Cup!

AngeloV
11-06-2018, 08:51 PM
We will be at THF for this game cheering for my son’s team (Hamilton) as he cheered for my Argonauts in last year’s Grey Cup!

That's just for the boy's benefit right? You have to be cheering against them on the inside.

Argo57
11-06-2018, 08:57 PM
That's just for the boy's benefit right? You have to be cheering against them on the inside.

Shhhhh😛
No comment Angelo.

Foxhound
11-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Even though our team is finished for the season, there is plenty of football left and I wondered if it would be interesting to see who is cheering for what team or teams going forward. All have some connection to the Argos, either players or coaches or both. So what do you think?

Here is my list, in descending order, of who I would like to see win it all. I would be interested to hear what others think.

1. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2. Hamilton Tiger Cats
3. B.C. Lions
4. Ottawa RedBlacks
5. Saskatchewan Roughriders
6. Calgary Stampeders

Hah! That's absolutely identical to my own!

:)

I'm actually hoping for another in the long history of Blue Bomber - Tiger-Cat Grey Cup match-ups with the Bombers walking away with the championship!

Yay Blue Bombers!

:)

Joe Barnes
11-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Yeah...I'm the same: My brother-in-law is a big Cats fan and is taking me to the game, so sure...ah...what is it again? Right...eat 'em raw (or something like that...I'm dying on the inside).

Will
11-08-2018, 04:28 PM
My policy at Ticat games is that I will obviously outright cheer for the Argos if they are playing at the Donut. If it is a game against any other opponent then I don't really react to goings-on on the field except for some occasional outbursts when the Ticats' opponent does something positive.

Joe Barnes
11-17-2018, 05:15 PM
For tomorrow, it has to be the Bombers out West...and in the East? Ottawa.

Al&Kat
11-17-2018, 05:36 PM
I will say Calgary because of what they have been thru, and yet still they earned ANOTHER 1st Place finish. As an up&down-team supporter, (Argos) I gotta respect the consistency.

From the East of course it's Ottawa, with 11 wins this is their best reg.season result since their return, AND I think that Trevor Harris was snubbed in the awards voting.
Remember Trevor was the key reason the Argos' 2015 season did not completely suck (2015 was another no-Ricky year, but not like 2018...) Will always respect Trevor for that.

AngeloV
11-17-2018, 08:53 PM
My predictions are Calgary large in the west. Toss up in the east, with Ottawa winning on a late FG.

Argo57
11-17-2018, 09:20 PM
Winnipeg 32
Calgary 24

Ottawa 27
Hamilton 24

Stevoman
11-18-2018, 01:02 AM
I'm cheering for Trevor Harris.

Joe Barnes
11-18-2018, 09:04 PM
I'm cheering for Trevor Harris.

He did very well today. Good on him. I hope the Redblacks win it all. I was hoping for O'Shea, but now that's not happening, so we might as well keep the Cup in the East!

doubleblue
11-18-2018, 09:23 PM
My predictions are Calgary large in the west. Toss up in the east, with Ottawa winning on a late FG.

I thought Calgary would win going away, but Winnipeg hung in there. Calgary is and was the better team'

Hamilton at Ottawa was a toss up to me, so surprised how Ottawa handled Hamilton so easily.

Harris was on for sure.

He is a free agent in February....Hmmm

Argo57
11-19-2018, 06:23 PM
I thought Calgary would win going away, but Winnipeg hung in there. Calgary is and was the better team'

Hamilton at Ottawa was a toss up to me, so surprised how Ottawa handled Hamilton so easily.

Harris was on for sure.

I can’t see Harris wanting to leave Ottawa.

RB957
11-19-2018, 07:33 PM

Harris was on for sure.

I thought Winnipeg had great chances to win this game. Two overthrows on passes that would have both been TD's. But that's life. You have to make those plays and they didn't, and payed the price.

RB957
11-19-2018, 07:34 PM
He did very well today. Good on him. I hope the Redblacks win it all. I was hoping for O'Shea, but now that's not happening, so we might as well keep the Cup in the East!

Was super happy that Harris had a big game. I am all in for Ottawa in the GC.

jerrym
11-20-2018, 01:28 AM
I'll be cheering for Ottawa. I always loved Trevor Harris as an Argo and lived in Ottawa for seven years.

Bleeds Double Blue
11-20-2018, 10:19 AM
I guess I will be pulling for Ottawa this week but I really don't care. Is anyone planning to go to the game? I can't make it this year.

mchesher03
11-20-2018, 12:48 PM
Gotta go with Ottawa purely based on Trevor Harris. Try to ignore that the team also has dirtbags like Hebert on it, but I liked Harris for what it’s worth and he seems to be a good guy as well.

Can’t say I’m not enjoying that the 20 year anniversary of the ti-cats last grey cup is next season! Enjoy.

Also yeah I’m heading out to Edmonton – leaving Friday morning.

argos1873
11-20-2018, 02:00 PM
I wanted a Ti-Cats-Bomber final, with the Bombers winning, but I'm going for Ottawa now.

Ron
11-20-2018, 03:43 PM
Pulling for Ottawa in the GC. Want nothing more than to see Calgary lose a close one and see their heads explode. Especially with them sounding like the Buffalo Bills and making up that "fans are against them being there" crapola.

For losing 2 straight GC's their arrogance is mighty.

Will
11-20-2018, 05:10 PM
I gotta figure that my immense hatred of the Senators spills over to CFL, but I cannot really cheer for any Ottawa sporting team, unless that team is the Ottawa Gee Gees and that's because I did my undergraduate degree at the University of Ottawa.

It pains me to say, but I hope Calgary doesn't lose​.

Argo57
11-20-2018, 05:48 PM
Pulling for Ottawa in the GC. Want nothing more than to see Calgary lose a close one and see their heads explode. Especially with them sounding like the Buffalo Bills and making up that "fans are against them being there" crapola.

For losing 2 straight GC's their arrogance is mighty.

Exactly how I feel as well Ron.

argolio
11-21-2018, 12:25 AM
I have a feeling the Stamps D will be the difference, so I'm just hoping it's a good game.

ArgoRavi
11-21-2018, 07:39 PM
I have a feeling the Stamps D will be the difference, so I'm just hoping it's a good game.

I have no animosity towards either of these teams - unlike Hamilton and Winnipeg - and have an enormous amount of respect for what the Stampeders franchise has done for such a long time now. I am okay with either team winning but would probably feel bad for the Stamps if they lose; however, I do expect them to win this time.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8