PDA

View Full Version : Paul Woods' Article on Headshots Following Another One on Brandon Bridge

jerrym
11-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Following another missed call on a high hit on a QB, Paul Woods has written a thoughtful article providing suggestions on how the CFL could improve the situation. This time it was Brandon Bridge who received a concussion from a headshot during Sunday's Rider-Bomber playoff game without a penalty being called, but this has occurred repeatedly throughout the season. Ambrosie has already announced that an eighth official, who will be tasked with looking for any QB high hits, will be added for the rest of the playoffs. He also said that there will be a full review of how to deal with the problem before next season begins. Here's Paul's article.

http://3downnation.com/2018/11/15/six-point-plan-address-cfls-headshot-crisis/

AngeloV
11-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Nice to see Paul contribute to that site with a great piece that wasn't slanted towards the team he cheers for. **cough** Josh Smith and John Hodge **cough**

Joe Barnes
11-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Nice to see an article on that site written by someone connected to the Argos, even though the article wasn't about the team. Argos are the only team without a regular, dedicated contributor on 3 Down.

mchesher03
11-16-2018, 10:49 AM
Nice to see a well-written article on 3rd down nation, a site I really hope succeeds. I just struggle with some of the nonsense clickbait and bs articles that are posted (e.g. “what the hll is Genie Bouchard doing at an argos game?) I can live with the overt homerism (“NO ONE TRADES A BACKUP QB” – lol) but the clickbait nonsense is too much for me. Good stuff Paul.

AngeloV
11-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Nice to see a well-written article on 3rd down nation, a site I really hope succeeds. I just struggle with some of the nonsense clickbait and bs articles that are posted (e.g. “what the hll is Genie Bouchard doing at an argos game?) I can live with the overt homerism (“NO ONE TRADES A BACKUP QB” – lol) but the clickbait nonsense is too much for me. Good stuff Paul.

I'm with you on that. I too want it to succeed. More stuff from guys like Dunk, which are unbiased. Seems a majority of the contributors there are nothing but cheerleaders for their teams.

Argo
11-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Following another missed call on a high hit on a QB, Paul Woods has written a thoughtful article providing suggestions on how the CFL could improve the situation. This time it was Brandon Bridge who received a concussion from a headshot during Sunday's Rider-Bomber playoff game without a penalty being called, but this has occurred repeatedly throughout the season. Ambrosie has already announced that an eighth official, who will be tasked with looking for any QB high hits, will be added for the rest of the playoffs. He also said that there will be a full review of how to deal with the problem before next season begins. Here's Paul's article.

http://3downnation.com/2018/11/15/six-point-plan-address-cfls-headshot-crisis/

I really don't understand what the problem is with CFL officiating. This is not rocket science. After-the-fact observations - followed by decisions - can be made, informed by video technology.

Worse, almost every QB high hit, is recognizable, or at least suspected, by Joe Fan in real time. So there's no excuse for the CFL and (at least) its so-called Command Centre.

argos1873
11-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Nice to see a well-written article on 3rd down nation, a site I really hope succeeds.I just struggle with some of the nonsense clickbait and bs articles that are posted (e.g. “what the hll is Genie Bouchard doing at an argos game?)I can live with the overt homerism (“NO ONE TRADES A BACKUP QB” – lol) but the clickbait nonsense is too much for me.Good stuff Paul.

Welcome to the internet. As much as I hate clickbait, I can live with it for a sort of "fringe" site such as 3DN, but TSN does it on facebook with their god awful Bardown.com posts. I can see 3DN needing the clicks to make some money to support the site, but TSN?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8