PDA

View Full Version : Argos have signed another import QB

R.J
06-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe
Just spoke to UC head coach Butch Jones who says former Bearcat QB Zach Collaros has signed with Toronto Argonauts.
Would have been nice to see Greene sign, oh well.

Also would like to bring up that Will Finch is attending Ticats camp.

1argoholic
06-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I remember watching Collaros and liking his play. Not affraid to run and runs well. Hopefully we've found our Travis Lulay.

dmont
06-01-2012, 06:24 PM

Great to hear about another QB in camp. Still, I have some reservations...

How important is it that our young/future QB have a similar style and skill set to Ricky Ray? Personally, I like the idea of continuity. Building for the future around one system or philosophy, and bringing in the players that fit with that system, is something that Toronto has lacked for a long time. Why not bring in a taller pocket passer to learn from Ricky Ray and be coached in his style, instead of a shorter, more mobile young QB? Isn't it confusing for our offense to potentially have to become comfortable with two QB styles?

I'm wishing Collaros all the success in the world, just thinking of the long-term team vision.

Rich
06-02-2012, 02:46 AM
Zach Collaros is a Kyle Quinlan clone, except not quite as big and not quite as good. Sure beats BJ Hall though.

CptArcher
06-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Love the signing. This guy could be our starter in 2-3 years when Ray is gone.

ArgoGabe22
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Don't think Ray will be gone in 2-3 years. Not sure why everyone has already jumped on the Collaras bandwagon. I remember everyone was super exited and called Matt Grothe the next Flutie before he even got one snap in practice. Hopefully Milanovich's offense will give Ray the Calvillo effect and his numbers will skyrocket in his 30's and will play at a high level for the next 7-8 years.

1argoholic
06-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I think most Argonaut fans always hope that we can find and develop our own young CFL qb star. As a long time Argo fan this doesn't happen much. I've been following the team since I was about seven and I'll be 50 in Oct. We've talked about this issue many times on this and the Friends Of The Argonauts site.

ArgoGabe22
06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I think most Argonaut fans always hope that we can find and develop our own young CFL qb star. As a long time Argo fan this doesn't happen much. I've been following the team since I was about seven and I'll be 50 in Oct. We've talked about this issue many times on this and the Friends Of The Argonauts site.

I know we lack developing our own qbs but by the sounds of it, it seems like everyone wants Ricky Ray out of here sooner so Collaros can takeover. He didn't even take one snap yet and everyone sees him being a future starter. We have Ricky Ray! What more can you ask for? We have a proven winner.

KCargosfan
06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I know we lack developing our own qbs but by the sounds of it, it seems like everyone wants Ricky Ray out of here sooner so Collaros can takeover. He didn't even take one snap yet and everyone sees him being a future starter. We have Ricky Ray! What more can you ask for? We have a proven winner.

I count 2 posters who said they like the signing. That doesn't constitute "everyone" and CptArcher is the only one who has said Ray could be gone any time soon.

1argoholic
06-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Hold the phone. Ricky isn't going to play forever and you just signed a rookie with potential hopefully. It's the nature of the game. I hope Ricky has another five or six years in him but you have to at some point bring on a replacement. Gets hard to keep trading for other teams CFL stars.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8