PDA

View Full Version : December CFL Scouting Bureau Rankings

jerrym
12-07-2018, 12:41 AM
The December CFL Scouting Bureau Rankings are out. DL Mathieu Betts of Laval has moved from #2 to #1 after former #1 Jonathan Kongbo of Tennessee missed most of the season due to injury and has now dropped to #4. IMO, Kongbo has never come close to living up to his hype after he was ranked the #1 US junior college prospect in 2016 and then signed with Tennessee. I think RB Maleek Irons of Ohio who jumped from #11 to #8 should be ranked higher.
The url below includes of the top five prospects.
OL Maurice Simba of Concordia had the biggest jump on the list going from #18 to #11. The only QB on the list is UBC's Michael O'Connor at #19, despite fine seasons by Chris Merchant of Western, Hugo Richard of Laval, and Adam Singara of Calgary. There are two new players in the top 20, #18 WR Trivel Pinto of UBC and #20 DL Nate Anderson of Missouri.

<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">
WINTER SCOUTING BUREAU RANKINGS

Rank
Name
Position
School
Hometown

1. (2)
Mathieu Betts
DL
Laval
Montréal, QC

2. (4)
Shane Richards
OL
Oklahoma St.
Calgary, AB

3. (5)
Justin McInnis
REC
Arkansas St.
Pierrefonds, QC

4. (1)
Jonathan Kongbo
DL
Tennessee
Surrey, B.C.

5. (9)
Alex Fontana
OL
Kansas
Toronto, ON

6. (3)
Hergy Mayala
REC
Connecticut
Montréal, QC

7. (10)
Alexandre Savard
REC
Laval
Québec, QC

8. (11)
Maleek Irons
RB
Ohio
Chilliwack, B.C.

9. (13)
Kurleigh Gittens Jr.
REC
Laurier
Ottawa, ON

10. (7)
Brady Oliveira
RB
North Dakota
Winnipeg, MB

11. (18)
Maurice Simba
OL
Concordia
Laval, QC

12. (15)
Robbie Smith
DL
Laurier
Brampton, ON

13. (14)
Kaion Julien Grant
REC
St. Francis Xavier
Toronto, ON

14. (19)
Fraser Sopik
LB
Western
Toronto, ON

15. (17)
Jamie Harry
DB
Ottawa
Lachine, QC

16. (12)
Samuel Thomassin
OL
Laval
Québec, QC

17. (8)
Zach Wilkinson
OL
Northern Colorado
Vancouver, B.C

18. (–)
Trivel Pinto
REC
UBC
Toronto, ON

19. (20)
Michael O’Connor
QB
UBC
Orleans, ON

20. (–)
Nate Anderson
DL
Missouri
Toronto, ON

</tbody>

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/12/06/betts-tops-december-edition-scouting-bureau-rankings/

OV Argo
12-07-2018, 01:09 AM
The December CFL Scouting Bureau Rankings are out. DL Mathieu Betts of Laval has moved from #2 to #1 after former #1 Jonathan Kongbo of Tennessee missed most of the season due to injury and has now dropped to #4. IMO, Kongbo has never come close to living up to his hype after he was ranked the #1 US junior college prospect in 2016 and then signed with Tennessee. I think RB Maleek Irons of Ohio who jumped from #11 to #8 should be ranked higher.
The url below includes of the top five prospects.
OL Maurice Simba of Concordia had the biggest jump on the list going from #18 to #11. The only QB on the list is UBC's Michael O'Connor at #19, despite fine seasons by Chris Merchant of Western, Hugo Richard of Laval, and Adam Singara of Calgary. There are two new players in the top 20, #18 WR Trivel Pinto of UBC and #20 DL Nate Anderson of Missouri.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/12/06/betts-tops-december-edition-scouting-bureau-rankings/

Alex Savard moves up in the rankings? - the guy barely played in the Laval offence; he may follow in the footsteps of former Laval player Anthony Auclair as a legit NFL TE prospect (size and testing #s fit the bill), but he would do little more than play part-time H-back in the CFL - maybe - yet he gets ranked in the top 10 by CFL "scouts" = bizzarre / makes little sense / why am i not surprised with the CFL. ;o)

doubleblue
12-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Have to agree with you OV on these rankings. I read somewhere that these rankings are based on consulting with CFL Scouts, GM's etc. Well history tells us that some of them don't no beans about CFL type players. All caught up in what the NFL thinks. Breaking News!!! The CFL is a different game with different type players.

Richards, Kongbo, Savard and Simba are all NFL type players and will get their chance to stick there first. IMO Betts is a special player but who will be looked at as a tweener in the NFL. Fontana (6'0 305) is probably the best CFL type Offensive Lineman for a team that needs a Center right away. This could be a year where about three receivers the two running backs and maybe DE Rob Smith go in the first round. But some CFL GM's never cease to amaze as History tells us.

jerrym
12-14-2018, 12:50 AM
One player who is not on the list but could be, if he opts to apply for Canadian citizenship in the future, is Brett Rypien, American born but with Canadian parents. His uncle is former NFL QB Mark Rypien. He will be playing in the First Responder Bowl for #25 ranked Boise State against Boston College on December 26th. Here's his profile. Being on the small side may increase his chances of coming to the CFL.

PROS: Super clean mechanically with an incredibly snappy release. Can threaten tight windows in the short and intermediate areas and dice up zones with his quick motion and great zip on the football. Uses his full body to generate velocity on both rope and touch throws alike, which serves career longevity and snap-to-snap accuracy. Doesn’t have pinpoint accuracy but delivers a very catchable football to almost every region of the field. Attacks windows with back-shoulder placement to protect the football. A true pocket passer who goes to secondary and tertiary progressions readily and with poise in a clean pocket.

<ins class="adsbygoogle" data-ad-layout="in-article" data-ad-format="fluid" data-ad-client="ca-pub-9700205790581453" data-ad-slot="3391316147" data-adsbygoogle-status="done" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: block; height: 0px;"><ins id="aswift_3_expand" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-table; border: none; height: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 750px; background-color: transparent;"><ins id="aswift_3_anchor" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: block; border: none; height: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 750px; background-color: transparent; overflow: hidden; opacity: 0;"><iframe width="750" height="188" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="true" id="aswift_3" name="aswift_3" style="box-sizing: border-box; left: 0px; position: absolute; top: 0px; border-width: 0px; width: 750px; height: 188px;"></iframe></ins></ins></ins>
Can scramble to extend plays, with decent mobility and characteristic throwing motion, zip, and placement on the run as well. An excellent touch passer who can drop throws in the buckets on the sideline and between closing defenders. Maximizes YAC by hitting receivers in stride and can throw to space with good anticipation of breaks and timing. Has a pretty deep ball that he can put on the appropriate shoulder/leverage with average success. Will use legs to pick up first downs when the situation arises.

CONS: Will lock onto first pre-snap read at times and attempt to force the ball into unnecessary windows, trusting too greatly in his own accuracy to fit the throw. In that he recruits his full body to generate velocity, does not have amazing arm strength, and throws to the sideline will peter out if he can’t set a clean base. Likewise, is strained to his limit when attacking outside of the numbers deep, and will frequently put the ball closer to the numbers than to the sideline, which gives CBs plenty of room to make a play. Panics under pressure and often makes ill-advised “hope” throws when under duress; not an escapist. Little small for NFL standards.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/05/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-brett-rypien/

j-ski
12-14-2018, 10:22 AM
One player who is not on the list but could be, if he opts to apply for Canadian citizenship in the future, is Brett Rypien, American born but with Canadian parents. His uncle is former NFL QB Mark Rypien. He will be playing in the First Responder Bowl for #25 ranked Boise State against Boston College on December 26th. Here's his profile. Being on the small side may increase his chances of coming to the CFL.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/05/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-brett-rypien/

Right now he is on the BC Lions negotiation list.

http://3downnation.com/2018/12/12/cfl-releases-partial-neg-lists-team/

OV Argo
12-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Right now he is on the BC Lions negotiation list.

http://3downnation.com/2018/12/12/cfl-releases-partial-neg-lists-team/

I believe that would not matter if he gets declared a National - then he would have to go thru the draft.

doubleblue
12-14-2018, 11:19 AM
I believe that would not matter if he gets declared a National - then he would have to go thru the draft.

Does anyone else thinks it's a little odd that a Canadian QB has to go through the draft but then has no bearing on the ratio.

AngeloV
12-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Does anyone else thinks it's a little odd that a Canadian QB has to go through the draft but then has no bearing on the ratio.

Great point.

j-ski
12-14-2018, 02:58 PM

Yes that's true. That's what happened with Alex Singleton.

jerrym
12-15-2018, 12:42 AM
A total of 41 Canadians will be playing in NCAA bowl games this year, including 5 Seniors, 9 Juniors, 8 Sophomores, and 19 Freshman. The five seniors who are eligible for the draft (with their current draft rankings in brackets) are RB Maleek Irons (8), OL Shane Richards (2), DE Nathaniel Anderson (20), WR Justin McInnis (3), and DB Mathew Boateng (unranked). The growing numbers of Canadians as their graduation year goes further back in time reflects an increasing recruitment of Canadian players by American colleges and universities.

The following url gives the names, positions, and dates of all 41 these Canadian players playing in bowl games. (http://3downnation.com/2018/12/14/more-than-40-canadians-competing-in-ncaa-bowl-games/)

Many of the games will be televised on American networks (https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-19-college-football-bowl-schedule-games-dates-times-tv-channels/) and TSN (https://www.tsn.ca/ncaa-football-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.1154450).

doubleblue
12-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Good List jerry. I thought Buffalo also had a Junior Canadian playing RG Tomas Jack-Kurolyla 6'4 302.

doubleblue
12-15-2018, 09:25 AM
Good List jerry. I thought Buffalo also had a Junior Canadian playing RG Tomas Jack-Kurdyla 6'4 302.

Made a spelling correction.

doubleblue
12-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Jerry wrote: The growing numbers of Canadians as their graduation year goes further back in time reflects an increasing recruitment of Canadian players by American colleges and universities.

Unfortunately several Canadian players listed as Freshmen each year on the NCAA rosters never make it through to their Senior year. Injuries, quit football, don't make the team or for whatever reason. So of that 19 Freshmen playing in this years Bowl Games we have to hope a dozen of them will still be playing in their Senior year.
But you are correct, there are more Canadians receiving scholarships in the NCAA. Probably helps that some are going down and playing American High School Football and the fact the Canadian U17 & U18 teams are doing well in the All Nations Tournaments the last few years.

I can think of a couple of Div I players who should have been high picks in this years draft but have disappeared off their teams rosters. DE Wesley Annan Stanford and DE Julien Kafo Minnesota.

OV Argo
12-15-2018, 04:42 PM
Jerry wrote: The growing numbers of Canadians as their graduation year goes further back in time reflects an increasing recruitment of Canadian players by American colleges and universities.

Unfortunately several Canadian players listed as Freshmen each year on the NCAA rosters never make it through to their Senior year. Injuries, quit football, don't make the team or for whatever reason. So of that 19 Freshmen playing in this years Bowl Games we have to hope a dozen of them will still be playing in their Senior year.
But you are correct, there are more Canadians receiving scholarships in the NCAA. Probably helps that some are going down and playing American High School Football and the fact the Canadian U17 & U18 teams are doing well in the All Nations Tournaments the last few years.

I can think of a couple of Div I players who should have been high picks in this years draft but have disappeared off their teams rosters. DE Wesley Annan Stanford and DE Julien Kafo Minnesota.

Maybe a lot of CFL fans don\t recognise this, but there has been lots of Canadian football players getting US college football training for decades now - and a bunch of all-time best Canadian players in older CFL history (now too ) came out of US college ball - Terry Evanshen, Jim Corrigall, Dick Dupuis, Dave Fennell, Chris - Walby & Schultz, Brent Johnson ... to name just a few.

jerrym
01-03-2019, 01:30 AM
Brett Rypien, who is eligible for Canadian citizenship because of his parents, and is the nephew of former NFL QB Mark Rypien, who the Argos tried to sign in 1992 during the Bruce McNall days, has been picked to play in the All-Star East-West Shrine game on Saturday January 19th. Brett is the all-time leading passer in the Mountain West of the NCAA. He also played in the First Responder Bowl for #25 ranked Boise State, but the game was called after a few minutes because of lightening in the area and never restarted. If he chose to become a Canadian citizen, like Alex Singleton, he would come off the BC Lions negotiation list and be eligible for the draft.

doubleblue
01-04-2019, 07:49 AM
A total of 41 Canadians will be playing in NCAA bowl games this year, including 5 Seniors, 9 Juniors, 8 Sophomores, and 19 Freshman. The five seniors who are eligible for the draft (with their current draft rankings in brackets) are RB Maleek Irons (8), OL Shane Richards (2), DE Nathaniel Anderson (20), WR Justin McInnis (3), and DB Mathew Boateng (unranked). The growing numbers of Canadians as their graduation year goes further back in time reflects an increasing recruitment of Canadian players by American colleges and universities.

The following url gives the names, positions, and dates of all 41 these Canadian players playing in bowl games. (http://3downnation.com/2018/12/14/more-than-40-canadians-competing-in-ncaa-bowl-games/)

Many of the games will be televised on American networks (https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-19-college-football-bowl-schedule-games-dates-times-tv-channels/) and TSN (https://www.tsn.ca/ncaa-football-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.1154450).

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but caught some of the Oklahoma State/Missouri Bowl game. I thought Shane Richards looked solid at RG for Oklahoma State which is probably his best position in the CFL. DE Nathaniel Anderson seems to be more of a back up which makes me think he won't be an impact player in the CFL. More of a Max Forde or Trent Corney type. Useful players who can play a bit and back up.

OV Argo
01-04-2019, 03:15 PM
I didn't get to watch the whole game, but caught some of the Oklahoma State/Missouri Bowl game. I thought Shane Richards looked solid at RG for Oklahoma State which is probably his best position in the CFL. DE Nathaniel Anderson seems to be more of a back up which makes me think he won't be an impact player in the CFL. More of a Max Forde or Trent Corney type. Useful players who can play a bit and back up.

Nice to hear Richards was playing - he was not in an earlier game i caught a bit of this season. He will probably be a 1st rounder this coming CFL draft then.

This Chuba Hubbbard, Canadian kid, has really rocketed to stardom this year at RB for Oaklahoma State - 145 rushing yards / over 8 per carry average in this Bowl game to go with other big stat games this season !

Anderson was not a starter for Missouri? Stats show he had one tackle in the game - so, even playing some on a Div I defence will have most CFL scouts impressed; maybe a 1st rounder too then ?

And I'd take Corney or Max Forde over the DEs the Argos trotted out most of last season. Betts might end up a CFL "back-up" too cause of his passport and GOB types favoring whatever imports to play DE for them.

doubleblue
01-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Nice to hear Richards was playing - he was not in an earlier game i caught a bit of this season. He will probably be a 1st rounder this coming CFL draft then.

This Chuba Hubbbard, Canadian kid, has really rocketed to stardom this year at RB for Oaklahoma State - 145 rushing yards / over 8 per carry average in this Bowl game to go with other big stat games this season !

Anderson was not a starter for Missouri? Stats show he had one tackle in the game - so, even playing some on a Div I defence will have most CFL scouts impressed; maybe a 1st rounder too then ?

And I'd take Corney or Max Forde over the DEs the Argos trotted out most of last season. Betts might end up a CFL "back-up" too cause of his passport and GOB types favoring whatever imports to play DE for them.

Richards played even down that I saw. Looked good on the pass blocking. Hubbard is such an exceptional back that he may make the O Line better run blockers than they really are. But for CFL heavy on the pass purposes Richards will be a tough guy to beat at a guard position for any DT. He was up against guys in the 6'4 325 range. So many he would struggle a bit with a smaller quicker and faster CFL DT like Micah Johnson.

I don't think Betts will be a back up too long in the CFL. Maybe in the rotation his first year. I would think Cleyon Laing and Matt Betts could be penciled in as one of the ratio spots. Not saying they both wouldn't play a lot at the same time. But nobody plays every down anymore and in a six man rotation one of them would always be in the game for the ratio.
I don't believe in giving big signing bonuses to most first over all draft picks, (Winnipeg caved with Ekakitie and he was a bust), because most of them aren't worth it. But I would make an acception with Matt Betts if he will sign in the CFL.

OV Argo
01-05-2019, 12:07 AM
Richards played even down that I saw. Looked good on the pass blocking. Hubbard is such an exceptional back that he may make the O Line better run blockers than they really are. But for CFL heavy on the pass purposes Richards will be a tough guy to beat at a guard position for any DT. He was up against guys in the 6'4 325 range. So many he would struggle a bit with a smaller quicker and faster CFL DT like Micah Johnson.

I don't think Betts will be a back up too long in the CFL. Maybe in the rotation his first year. I would think Cleyon Laing and Matt Betts could be penciled in as one of the ratio spots. Not saying they both wouldn't play a lot at the same time. But nobody plays every down anymore and in a six man rotation one of them would always be in the game for the ratio.
I don't believe in giving big signing bonuses to most first over all draft picks, (Winnipeg caved with Ekakitie and he was a bust), because most of them aren't worth it. But I would make an acception with Matt Betts if he will sign in the CFL.

Laing at DT (backed by Gaydosh or Finley) and Betts at one DE spot (backed by Walker or Finley or Foster) = easily 2 NI D spots right there in the rotation IMO; even if they found another excellent import DE pass rusher, that could still leave another DE spot - as clearly, IMO, the starters last season were not even close to good enough.

Wonder if Popp would go standard CFL draft thinking and take Richards - an O-lineman - at 1st overall? Not sure he is the best O-lineman on the board however, with the likes of Thomassin or Simba from CIS ball ?

jerrym
01-08-2019, 02:03 AM

The Als have signed QB Hugo Richard to a contract through 2020.

The six-foot-two, 225-pound Richard led Laval to a 34-20 Vanier Cup title over the Western Mustangs in November in Quebec City, capping a perfect season for the Rouge et Or. The 24-year-old was 23-of-31 passing for 348 yards and two touchdowns while rushing for 60 yards and a TD to earn game MVP honours.

Richard led Laval to a pair of Vanier Cup championships over his collegiate career.
“Hugo had a brilliant collegiate career and continuously showed progression, while winning numerous team and individual awards,” Montreal GM Kavis Reed said in a statement.
“He deserves a chance to showcase his ability at the quarterback position and we will give him the opportunity to do so with his hometown team, which he is already familiar with.”

Richard participated in Montreal’s training camp last year as a guest quarterback.

The native of Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Que., completed 782-of-1,145 passes for 10,271 yards with 70 TDs in 38 career games at Laval. He also ran 200 times for 1,228 yards and 30 touchdowns, the only player in RSEQ history to throw 70 scoring strikes while scoring 30 touchdowns.
Richard was named the RSEQ’s top player three times (2014, 2017 and 2018) and second team All-Canadian twice (2014, 2017).

https://globalnews.ca/news/4824116/montreal-alouettes-sign-quebec-quarterback-hugo-richard-to-2-year-deal/

doubleblue
01-08-2019, 07:56 PM
The Als have signed QB Hugo Richard to a contract through 2020.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4824116/montreal-alouettes-sign-quebec-quarterback-hugo-richard-to-2-year-deal/

Starting to get the feeling that a Canadian QB will be part of the 21 National spots on the roster after the new CPA deal is done. Of course there will probably be cries teams are not developing a young Import QB's who would be missing valuable playing time sitting on the practice roster. You know like Dakota Prukop was developed last year. But of course it won't be mandatory to suit up a Canadian QB but if you have a Brandon Bridge why not be included in the Canadian ratio. It would be a step in the right direction and right a wrong.

j-ski
01-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Starting to get the feeling that a Canadian QB will be part of the 21 National spots on the roster after the new CPA deal is done. Of course there will probably be cries teams are not developing a young Import QB's who would be missing valuable playing time sitting on the practice roster. You know like Dakota Prukop was developed last year. But of course it won't be mandatory to suit up a Canadian QB but if you have a Brandon Bridge why not be included in the Canadian ratio. It would be a step in the right direction and right a wrong.

I suspect Michael O'Connor, Chris Merchant and Adam Sinagra will be in CFL camps this spring.

paulwoods13
01-09-2019, 11:02 AM
With presumably at least three of last year's starters gone or not starting this year (Mitchell, Ray and Collaros), and the rise of new leagues hungry for QBs, it seems like a no-brainer for the CFL to finally start developing Cdn QBs. Argos have already signed Picton, and Als have signed Richard. I'm gonna predict that at least two NAT QBs other than Bridge will be on CFL rosters (46, injury or practice) this year, regardless of what happens with the roster rules.

OV Argo
01-09-2019, 01:23 PM
I suspect Michael O'Connor, Chris Merchant and Adam Sinagra will be in CFL camps this spring.

You mean as part of that little Lebowski achiever "intern" program or whatever they call it, or as QBs given a real shot to compete for a roster spot?

Look around the league - outside of the Als - who have 5 QBs currently on their roster who have started in the CFL (so why did they need to sign Richard?), there is precious little proven QB depth or else huge question marks for even the starter. If the Stamps lose Mitchell to the NFL they have zip-o; the Esks had frickin' Kevin Glenn as their #2 guy last season; BC have the inconsistent Jennings who is a FA, plus injury prone Lulay who was useless in the East Semi last year; the Ticat didn't even have a #3 dressed late last season; Ottawa's back-ups are basically totally unproven.

There is huge need for QB TC competition around the league. Actual reps in a TC and playing time in exhibition games are indicators of real interest.

j-ski
01-09-2019, 07:07 PM
You mean as part of that little Lebowski achiever "intern" program or whatever they call it, or as QBs given a real shot to compete for a roster spot?

Look around the league - outside of the Als - who have 5 QBs currently on their roster who have started in the CFL (so why did they need to sign Richard?), there is precious little proven QB depth or else huge question marks for even the starter. If the Stamps lose Mitchell to the NFL they have zip-o; the Esks had frickin' Kevin Glenn as their #2 guy last season; BC have the inconsistent Jennings who is a FA, plus injury prone Lulay who was useless in the East Semi last year; the Ticat didn't even have a #3 dressed late last season; Ottawa's back-ups are basically totally unproven.

There is huge need for QB TC competition around the league. Actual reps in a TC and playing time in exhibition games are indicators of real interest.

I believe all of them will get a chance to compete. My prediction is that O'Connor sticks on a roster, but Merchant and Sinagra go back for their 5th year. Merchant and Sinagra are then back in CFL camps in 2020 and then stick on rosters.

AngeloV
01-09-2019, 08:23 PM
I believe all of them will get a chance to compete. My prediction is that O'Connor sticks on a roster, but Merchant and Sinagra go back for their 5th year. Merchant and Sinagra are then back in CFL camps in 2020 and then stick on rosters.

It would be interesting to know if any of those 3 have graduated by the time the draft comes around. If so, they might not want to return for a 5th year just to play football.

SkalbaniasGhost
01-09-2019, 09:39 PM
It would be interesting to know if any of those 3 have graduated by the time the draft comes around. If so, they might not want to return for a 5th year just to play football.
O'Conner played at the The FCS Bowl all-star game in December.
.https://twitter.com/CoachNill/status/1071554838998237184

It would seem likely that he will go all in on a pro football career at this juncture.BC and Ottawa(hometown) could easily use a 3rd QB giving him time to get acclimated to the pro game.
Do not be surprised if he gets an NFL mini-camp invite(you need at least 2 QB's to run drills for those 3 days).It will depend on who his representation is to put his name out for NFL consideration.

jerrym
01-10-2019, 02:07 AM
A number of Canadians have been selected to play in the College Gridiron Showcase in Fort Worth Texas this week. The following article includes several videos of them in action.

Football Gameplan’s Emory Hunt has an update on the players with Canadian birth certificates (Brady Oliveira, RB, North Dakota, Zack Williams, OL, Manitoba, Samuel Thomassin, OL, Laval, Connor Griffiths, DL, UBC and Jamie Harry, DB, Ottawa).

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/08/tracking-the-canadians-at-the-college-gridiron-showcase/

OV Argo
01-10-2019, 03:22 PM
A number of Canadians have been selected to play in the College Gridiron Showcase in Fort Worth Texas this week. The following article includes several videos of them in action.

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/08/tracking-the-canadians-at-the-college-gridiron-showcase/

Thanks for another relevant link for this thread Jerry.

There is no actual game played there, but rather drills, controlled scrimagges, and chance for scouts to meet & talk to players. A lot of big Div I programs represented, along with some smaller program guys (like the CIS players).

Those Canadian guys are all top CFL draft prospects for this spring.

Jamie Harry (GGs) is a real interesting prospect IMO - big sized corner who was a real INT ballhawk in U-Sports football.

OV Argo
01-12-2019, 01:32 AM
In reviewing CFL draft positioning = Argos sitting kinda nice with 4 of the top 21 picks, including #s 1 & 9 overall.

Wonder if that stays the same or if Popp is inclined to trade away one or two of those ?

jerrym
01-19-2019, 02:15 AM
There will be five Canadians, including four from USports, playing in the East West Shrine Bowl game on Saturday. The url below includes a video of Mathieu Betts looking good in game preparation action.

Mathieu Betts, DL | Laval
The dominant Laval defensive lineman has been doing his thing throughout the week in Florida, and people are taking notice. The three-time Metras Trophy winner as Canadian university football’s best lineman, Betts is drawing serious interest and could very well follow two other recent Metras winners — Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (2013) and David Onyemata (2015) — south.

Joel Van Pelt, DL | Calgary
An 8th-round draft pick of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats last year, Van Pelt once caught a touchdown pass in the 2016 Mitchell Bowl. The Collegiate Bowl, set to kick off at 5 p.m. ET at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Ca., will feature Canadians Maurice Simba and Alex Fontana — with fellow Canadian Alexandre Savard likely to miss out due to injury.

Maurice Simba, OL | Concordia
At 6-foot-8, 320 lbs., Simba could catch the eye of scouts with his size alone; after beginning the week in California with second-team reps, he was on the first team at practice yesterday (Wednesday).

Alex Fontana, OL | Kansas
The 6-foot-2, 300-lb. Fontana started at centre for the Jayhawks this past season, and shot up from No. 9 to No. 5 in the Scouting Bureau’s December prospect rankings.

Alexandre Savard, TE | Laval
The 6-foot-5, 240-lb. Savard was injured during practice and will reportedly miss Saturday’s game.

Three of the four players — including the top-ranked Betts — were included on the Scouting Bureau’s December rankings.
https://www.cfl.ca/2019/01/17/canadians-south-collegiate-bowls/

OV Argo
01-19-2019, 12:17 PM
There will be five Canadians, including four from USports, playing in the East West Shrine Bowl game on Saturday. The url below includes a video of Mathieu Betts looking good in game preparation action.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/01/17/canadians-south-collegiate-bowls/

Correction there Jerry; Betts & Van Pelt are in the Shrine game; the other 3 at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

jerrym
01-20-2019, 12:35 AM
Brett Rypien, who has a Canadian parent and therefore could apply for Canadian citizenship and National CFL status and is the nephew of former NFL QB Mark Rypien who the Argos tried to sign in 1992 , looked good at the Shrine game. The url below includes a video of Rypien passing.

Canadian quarterback Brett Rypien completed 10-of-14 passes for 134 yards and one touchdown for the West All-Stars in a 21-17 Shrine Game victory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoNPjimzCB4

jerrym
02-08-2019, 03:50 AM
CFL December Scouting Bureau's #18 draft ranking Trivel Pinto has been suspended for two years and dropped from the 2019 CFL draft after testing positive for cocaine.

j-ski
02-15-2019, 09:25 PM
Surprised I haven't heard about this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%27Keal_Harry

He should qualify as a Canadian. He's going to the NFL combine.

argolio
02-16-2019, 10:56 AM
Surprised I haven't heard about this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%27Keal_Harry

He should qualify as a Canadian. He's going to the NFL combine.I don't think he does ("born in Canada, before moving as a baby to St. Vincent.....").

Doesn't really matter since he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick in the NFL.

doubleblue
02-17-2019, 09:51 PM
I don't think he does ("born in Canada, before moving as a baby to St. Vincent.....").

Doesn't really matter since he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick in the NFL.

I believe as he was born in Canada he could be a National in the CFL. But he would have to apply for his Canadian papers. The rule says if you are a Canadian citizen before signing in the CFL you are classed as a National.
Seeing as Harry will probably be a high draft pick and may not bother getting his Canadian citizen papers. But down the road if things didn't work out in the NFL he could still get his papers, but would then have to go through the Supplemental draft.

doubleblue
03-01-2019, 08:15 PM
CFL combine March 22-24 A couple of new names invited. OT Kyle Saxelid 6'7 300 UNLV and LB Noah Robinson 6'4 240 Missouri. Saxelid was a starting Left Tackle in 2017 at UNLV as a Senior. Robinson a back up LB 2018 as a Senior. Some NCAA guys not coming as usual. Fontana, Kongbo, Mayala, Oliveria and Irons.

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/27/t...bine-revealed/ (https://3downnation.com/2019/02/27/top-prospects-invited-to-the-national-cfl-combine-revealed/)

The top prospects eligible for the 2019 CFL draft will be on display at the national combine in Toronto.

The are many reasons to pay attention to the combine (https://3downnation.com/2016/03/11/15609/). The University of Toronto hosts the event from March 22-24 and the initial 39 invitees have been revealed. Through the western, eastern and Ontario regional combines the group will be filled out to around 50 athletes.

Quarterbacks
Michael O’Connor (https://3downnation.com/2018/05/09/michael-oconnor/), UBC
Chris Merchant (https://3downnation.com/2018/05/15/western-qb-chris-merchant-join-ticats-training-camp-strives-pro-football-opportunity/), Western

Running backs
Cedric Joseph, Western
Jamel Lyles, Manitoba
Gabriel Polan, Sherbrooke

Receivers
Kurleigh Gittens Jr., Laurier
Colton Hunchak, York
Kaion Julien-Grant, St. Francis Xavier
Nicola Kalinic, York
Hunter Karl, Calgary
Brayden Lenius-Dickey, New Mexico
Justin McInnis, Arkansas State
Chris Osei-Kusi, Queen’s
Malik Richards, Mount Allison
Alexandre Savard, Laval

Offensive lineman
Maurice Simba-Bibaku, Concordia
Drew Desjarlais, Windsor
Jesse Gibbon, Waterloo
Jonathan Harke, Alberta
Shane Richards, Oklahoma State
Vincent Roy, Sherbrooke
Kyle Saxelid, UNLV
Eric Starczala, Guelph
Samuel Thomassin, Laval
Zachary Wilkinson, Northern Colorado
Zackary Williams, Manitoba

Defensive lineman
Nathaniel Anderson, Missouri
Mathieu Betts, Laval
Vincent Desjardins, Laval
Thomas Grant, Acadia
Connor Griffiths, UBC
Sheriden Lawley, UBC
Robert Smith, Laurier

Linebackers
Noah Robinson, Missouri
Fraser Sopik, Western

Defensive backs
Matthew Boateng, Fresno State
Jamie Harry, Ottawa
Stavros Katsantonis, UBC
Malcom Lee, UBC

OV Argo
03-01-2019, 11:00 PM
There will be a number of decent prospects added to the main camp, after the Regionals - sometimes some very good players who were not rated highly at all before.

My take thus far, for position groups:

- very good RB crop
- very good receiver crop
- very good O-line crop

- very good D-line crop
- very weak LB crop
- average at best DB crop

Overall = a pretty good draft crop, with a few blue chippers (Betts & Kabongo at D-line (wrecked a knee last season in US college ball - i guess why he is not going to the Combine? = a big question mark; several very good to outstanding receiver prospects; 2 RBs in Irons & Oliveira; a few O-linemen); also lots of depth for mid to late rounders.

The CFL Combine at least produces a bit of draft buzz for the league now - some players move way up or down, with good or bad test #s and one-on-one drill performances.

Love to see the Argos nail it with a couple of great picks who show up and make an immediate or soon after impact; not sure i have much faith in Popp there though.

Argo57
03-02-2019, 08:31 AM
There will be a number of decent prospects added to the main camp, after the Regionals - sometimes some very good players who were not rated highly at all before.

- very good RB crop
- very good O-line crop

- very good D-line crop
- very weak LB crop

Overall = a pretty good draft crop, with a few blue chippers (Betts & Kabongo at D-line (wrecked a knee last season in US college ball - i guess why he is not going to the Combine? = a big question mark; several very good to outstanding receiver prospects; 2 RBs in Irons & Oliveira; a few O-linemen); also lots of depth for mid to late rounders.

The CFL Combine at least produces a bit of draft buzz for the league now - some players move way up or down, with good or bad test #s and one-on-one drill performances.

Love to see the Argos nail it with a couple of great picks who show up and make an immediate or soon after impact; not sure i have much faith in Popp there though.

With a deep draft I wouldn’t mind the Argos trading down to pick up another pick to fill as many holes as possible.
Some of the benefits of picking 1st overall don’t exist in the CFL as some of those picks won’t sign and will end up down south.

j-ski
03-02-2019, 09:04 AM

- very good RB crop
- very good O-line crop

- very good D-line crop
- very weak LB crop

A couple of more surprise omissions from any of the combines:

Adam Sinagra QB from Calgary - did he tell them he wanted to go back for his fifth year?

Kayden Johnson RB from York - thought he would of got invited to the Toronto combine for his athleticism (top 60m hurdler)

Pleasantly surprised Betts is showing up. I thought he would avoid the camp to prepare for NFL opportunities.

OV Argo
03-02-2019, 01:24 PM
A couple of more surprise omissions from any of the combines:

Adam Sinagra QB from Calgary - did he tell them he wanted to go back for his fifth year?

Kayden Johnson RB from York - thought he would of got invited to the Toronto combine for his athleticism (top 60m hurdler)

Pleasantly surprised Betts is showing up. I thought he would avoid the camp to prepare for NFL opportunities.

Doesn't matter if Sinagra told the CFL he intends to return for a 5th year of CIS ball - he is still draftable after his 4th year; he could have told them he has no interest in playing pro? Also missing (not even at the West Regional; ?) - DT Evan Machibroda (Sask. Huskies) - CanWest all-star DT and played in last spring's U Sports East-West game - which is a sort of showcase for the next/ upcoming CFL draft.

Don't be surprised if Betts declines to attend if he is drawing some serious NFL interest as we get closer to the CFL Combine.

gilthethrill
03-02-2019, 02:13 PM
When will we find out what Global players will be participating? Have any of the recently drafted Mexican players been signed?

SkalbaniasGhost
03-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Matt Halbgewachs from Concordia turned down an invite to the Combines.
He has elected to move on from football.
Ryan Breadner from Saskatchewan played in the Dream Bowl(small college all star game) in February.I don't know his citizenship status(grandparents are from Edmonton).
Stavros Katsontonis is from California and was invited to Toronto.They might let USport non-Canadians be listed as Nationals with the new CBA.

j-ski
03-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Brett Rypien looking at getting Canadian citizenship.

“My uncle and dad are Canadian, so I’ve always loved Canada,” Brett said. “Right now I don’t have dual citizenship. I’m working on getting it.”

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/football/nfl/leafs-coach-babcock-has-a-friend-in-rypien/wcm/3b5463a0-7aa6-40a2-b47f-9807972c0703

jerrym
03-02-2019, 04:30 PM
Brett Rypien looking at getting Canadian citizenship.

“My uncle and dad are Canadian, so I’ve always loved Canada,” Brett said. “Right now I don’t have dual citizenship. I’m working on getting it.”

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/football/nfl/leafs-coach-babcock-has-a-friend-in-rypien/wcm/3b5463a0-7aa6-40a2-b47f-9807972c0703

If Rypien is interested in coming up here, he has the potential to be a fine CFL QB, something the league needs as it faces competition from the AAF and potentially the XFL next year.

j-ski
03-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Doesn't matter if Sinagra told the CFL he intends to return for a 5th year of CIS ball - he is still draftable after his 4th year; he could have told them he has no interest in playing pro? Also missing (not even at the West Regional; ?) - DT Evan Machibroda (Sask. Huskies) - CanWest all-star DT and played in last spring's U Sports East-West game - which is a sort of showcase for the next/ upcoming CFL draft.

Don't be surprised if Betts declines to attend if he is drawing some serious NFL interest as we get closer to the CFL Combine.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sinagra ends up as a last round pick by the Stamps. I'm sure they know his potential.

doubleblue
03-02-2019, 10:17 PM
When will we find out what Global players will be participating? Have any of the recently drafted Mexican players been signed?

There was something said earlier about several European players being sent to the CFL combine. No mention of any in the 3down article though.

doubleblue
03-02-2019, 10:48 PM
In reviewing CFL draft positioning = Argos sitting kinda nice with 4 of the top 21 picks, including #s 1 & 9 overall.

Wonder if that stays the same or if Popp is inclined to trade away one or two of those ?

This year is starting to look like a pretty good draft so I hope Popp doesn't trade away the number 1 pick. With all the free agents already signed I don't see a great need to give up a top draft pick. Choose the best players and if one or two sign in the NFL you still have them in the pipeline for down the road. I said before I like Betts at #1. Still think he's a tweener in the NFL. Good year for WR's, maybe time to pick one high. Always a good idea to grab another O Lineman. I'm not that enthralled with the current backups there. An Athletic LB or DB who would help ST's right away could probably be had in the top 21. So you're right it is a good time to stock the cup board for possible lean times ahead.

OV Argo
03-02-2019, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sinagra ends up as a last round pick by the Stamps. I'm sure they know his potential.

The question still is - why is he not even going to one of the Regional Combines, let alone the main one ?

OV Argo
03-05-2019, 11:36 PM
This year is starting to look like a pretty good draft so I hope Popp doesn't trade away the number 1 pick. With all the free agents already signed I don't see a great need to give up a top draft pick. Choose the best players and if one or two sign in the NFL you still have them in the pipeline for down the road. I said before I like Betts at #1. Still think he's a tweener in the NFL. Good year for WR's, maybe time to pick one high. Always a good idea to grab another O Lineman. I'm not that enthralled with the current backups there. An Athletic LB or DB who would help ST's right away could probably be had in the top 21. So you're right it is a good time to stock the cup board for possible lean times ahead.

With 4 of the top 21 picks - Argos are positioned well and can be diverse with their picks.

Betts = risky maybe, but also maybe a good idea for the pipeline like you suggest. He might never show in the CFL if he sticks in the NFL, but if he did make it to the Argos - a potential dominant D player (another Jim Corrigall ?) I still say stay away with #1 overall if it looks like he is (or already has) drawing decent NFL interest at CFL draft day.

An O-lineman from a pretty strong crop would be good.

Not sure of the need for more receivers if Cibasu shows up to join Coombs, Noel, Ralph ? But there could be a pretty good prospect still there by mid rounds ?

AngeloV
03-06-2019, 11:51 AM
I hope the Argos stay mostly with the D and O lines in the draft. They have 3 good looking young LB's already, and as OV mentions, are pretty well stocked at receiver. Maybe another DB would be a good get too with an aging Matt Black. Gabriel and Woodson are absolute keepers IMO.

paulwoods13
03-06-2019, 03:51 PM
O-line, o-line, o-line. We must find eventual replacements for CVZ and Holmes. D-line would also be nice. DBs a distant third since we will likely lose one of ours (Black) in the next year or so. Receivers not really necessary if Cibasu is coming; I'm not overly high on Ralph but really like Coombs and Noel, and Cibasu seems like an excellent prospect. I'd also take a QB if one of the big ones (O'Connor, Merchant) is available after the second round, but I'm not really expecting to see that (us drafting a QB, that is).

OV Argo
03-06-2019, 09:55 PM
O-line, o-line, o-line. We must find eventual replacements for CVZ and Holmes. D-line would also be nice. DBs a distant third since we will likely lose one of ours (Black) in the next year or so. Receivers not really necessary if Cibasu is coming; I'm not overly high on Ralph but really like Coombs and Noel, and Cibasu seems like an excellent prospect. I'd also take a QB if one of the big ones (O'Connor, Merchant) is available after the second round, but I'm not really expecting to see that (us drafting a QB, that is).

Starting guards Bomben & Holmes are only 31 & 30 years old - and O-linemen can sometimes play well into their 30s; but yeah, be nice to get some younger prospects there - and IMO Holmes has been inconsistent too often and gets beat in pass pro plenty; a top pick used on a natural, strong guard and they might get a guy who can push for a starting job right away (like the Ticats got with Darius Ciraco last year - started from game 1 and all season as a rookie).

Van Zeyl is 35 and while he is still good, he also has a big $M$ contract, no? The recent signing of vet import OT Randy Richards might indicate they could thinking of cutting Van Zeyl to save buck$ and go with 2 import OTs ? Not sure they would think of drafting a natural OT to compete there ?

Plenty of NI DT depth with Gaydosh and Finley behind Laing ? They also have several young NI DEs in Walker, Foster & Biewald but i really doubt they get viewed more than just depth / back-ups. Don't waste a top pick on another DE (even if they took a chance on Betts; plus there are a couple of other good looking DE prospects) unless you are serious on giving a Canadian DE a real shot to compete/play - they weren't last year by repeatedly trotting out mediocre import DEs who did little.

doubleblue
03-07-2019, 09:30 AM
I'm kind of intrigued by the new guy on the invite list OT Kyle Saxelid out of UNLA. Started four years for Navada at left tackle 2014-2017. Was 6'6 240 his first year and now is up to 290. Apparently is one of those guys that has trouble keeping weight on (I'm so jealous). His Coach said because he was undersized weight wise in his early years he developed great technique, which is a good thing when it comes to pass blocking. Sounds like a good character person as well from an interview I saw of him.
Hopefully DE Matt Betts and UBC's DT Griffiths will show up to give Saxelid a good test in the one on ones.

OV Argo
03-08-2019, 02:23 PM
I'm kind of intrigued by the new guy on the invite list OT Kyle Saxelid out of UNLA. Started four years for Navada at left tackle 2014-2017. Was 6'6 240 his first year and now is up to 290. Apparently is one of those guys that has trouble keeping weight on (I'm so jealous). His Coach said because he was undersized weight wise in his early years he developed great technique, which is a good thing when it comes to pass blocking. Sounds like a good character person as well from an interview I saw of him.
Hopefully DE Matt Betts and UBC's DT Griffiths will show up to give Saxelid a good test in the one on ones.

Commentator / Bomber fan John Hodge at the 3 Down site has a mock draft out and has the Argos taking this Saxelid guy #1 overall ? Interesting and could be i guess - maybe Popp is convinced he needs to start one or 2 Canadians at OT (worked for him with all-stars Bourke & Perrett for a time in Montreal); and Saxelid grades out as the best OT on the board ? (again- could be i guess; and 4 year starter (if this is correct?) in Div I ball is pretty impressive; just not sure it automatically trumps U Sports all-star OT resume - and OTs like Simba (Concordia) or Starczala (Guelph) are that plus way bigger than Saxelid (335 range as opposed to 290). Maybe the Combine tests / drills determine a lot there ?

Also, wonder why Saxelid was not up for last year's CFL draft if he had just finished 4 year starting in US college ball ?

Nothing will surprise me in the CFL draft.

doubleblue
03-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Commentator / Bomber fan John Hodge at the 3 Down site has a mock draft out and has the Argos taking this Saxelid guy #1 overall ? Interesting and could be i guess - maybe Popp is convinced he needs to start one or 2 Canadians at OT (worked for him with all-stars Bourke & Perrett for a time in Montreal); and Saxelid grades out as the best OT on the board ? (again- could be i guess; and 4 year starter (if this is correct?) in Div I ball is pretty impressive; just not sure it automatically trumps U Sports all-star OT resume - and OTs like Simba (Concordia) or Starczala (Guelph) are that plus way bigger than Saxelid (335 range as opposed to 290). Maybe the Combine tests / drills determine a lot there ?

Also, wonder why Saxelid was not up for last year's CFL draft if he had just finished 4 year starting in US college ball ?

Nothing will surprise me in the CFL draft.

That's interesting. I would like to see how he does in the combine against some pretty good past rushers in Betts and Griffiths first. I was hoping the Argos could get him at #9, but maybe he wouldn't last that long. Hodge has Saxelid at 6'7 296. Saxelid said in an interview he was up to 290 so that's pretty close. Saw where he was measured at 6'5 5/8, but when you're that tall what's an inch here or there.

doubleblue
03-09-2019, 11:13 AM
https://youtu.be/8aQVOM8zRuQ

I hope this works. Talk start about Saxelid around 14:35 and some action video and interview.

jerrym
03-14-2019, 11:36 PM
OL Shane Richards, #2 overall on the CFL 2019 prospect list, has worked out for all 32 NFL teams at the Oklahoma State pro day.

Richards checked in at six-foot-five and seven-eights, 332 pounds, recording 22 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press and 27-inch vertical. ...

Richards used his redshirt year in 2017 to fine-tune his body for the final season of NCAA eligibility in 2018. He started two games at right guard and three at right tackle for the Cowboys last season – including his first career start in the season-opener against Missouri State.

After being named a Calgary high school all-star three times at Crescent Heights, Richards attended New Mexico Military junior college. Richards chose Oklahoma State over other scholarship offers from Southern Mississippi, Troy and Akron and saw some action as a junior for the Cowboys in 2016.

https://3downnation.com/2019/03/12/canadian-ol-shane-richards-works-out-at-oklahoma-state-pro-day/

doubleblue
03-15-2019, 03:36 PM
OL Shane Richards, #2 overall on the CFL 2019 prospect list, has worked out for all 32 NFL teams at the Oklahoma State pro day.

https://3downnation.com/2019/03/12/canadian-ol-shane-richards-works-out-at-oklahoma-state-pro-day/

I don't know about Richards. He's been a back up most of his time at Oklahoma State and is not listed in the top 50 Senior Guards coming out this year. All 32 teams would be at any Big 12 pro day work out as there are a lot of good football players in that Conference. Remains to be seen what he is. Sounds similar to Saskatchewan's St. John coming out of Oklahoma and the Riders are still waiting for him to show something besides a back up. Richards is suppose to be coming to the CFL Combine, we will see how he looks there.

doubleblue
03-23-2019, 07:52 PM
So Shane Richards gets sent home because he refused to do the testing in front of scouts apparently. He did all the testing at the Oklahoma State pro day earlier this month, so those numbers are out there. But he was here and weighed in and measured. Just a shade under 6'6 and 334. Others passed up the bench and the vertical jump so maybe he also told the organizers he wouldn't do the one on ones. Disappointing for sure. Has anyone ever suffered a serious injury doing the one on ones? Peter Godber pulled this stunt last year but still landed on his feet with the BC Lions after not getting a contract in the NFL. These NCAA players seem to think they can dictate to the CFL because they feel they're going to the NFL so who needs the CFL. That's until they get cut down there.

SkalbaniasGhost
03-23-2019, 08:28 PM
So Shane Richards gets sent home because he refused to do the testing in front of scouts apparently. He did all the testing at the Oklahoma State pro day earlier this month, so those numbers are out there. But he was here and weighed in and measured. Just a shade under 6'6 and 334. Others passed up the bench and the vertical jump so maybe he also told the organizers he wouldn't do the one on ones. Disappointing for sure. Has anyone ever suffered a serious injury doing the one on ones? Peter Godber pulled this stunt last year but still landed on his feet with the BC Lions after not getting a contract in the NFL. These NCAA players seem to think they can dictate to the CFL because they feel they're going to the NFL so who needs the CFL. That's until they get cut down there.
Pascal Baillargeon blew out his ACL in the one on one drills in 2011 .His career was never the same.
This is a CFL BOG problem.They choose to not make going to Pro Days a priority.
If the CFL wants to monetize this event then let the BOG budget an appearance fee.

OV Argo
03-24-2019, 12:37 AM
Pascal Baillargeon blew out his ACL in the one on one drills in 2011 .His career was never the same.
This is a CFL BOG problem.They choose to not make going to Pro Days a priority.
If the CFL wants to monetize this event then let the BOG budget an appearance fee.

CFL clown act scouts who prioritise Combine testing over actual, real scouting - watching games live or on film = go ahead and draft good jumpers or NCAA resumes over actual accomplished football players.

AngeloV
03-24-2019, 04:15 PM
CFL clown act scouts who prioritise Combine testing over actual, real scouting - watching games live or on film = go ahead and draft good jumpers or NCAA resumes over actual accomplished football players.

It's not just CFL evaluaters, or Usport players. Plenty of top NCAA football players don't get a look in any of the leagues either. Whether you want to believe it or not, the pro game is played at a much faster speed. Some players are awesome (Michael Sam?) at the college level, and just can't keep up to the pace in the pros.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8