PDA

View Full Version : July 7th weekend busy in TO

ArgoRedneck
06-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Argo home opener and the Toronto Indy on the same weekend will make for a busy Saturday in Toronto. Hotels are 2 1/2 times regular price, parking and traffic in and out of the city will be a nightmare. Bars will be packed. I am pumped!!! I think there will be a feeling of excitment all around with so many sports fan in a condensed area. Thoughts??

CptArcher
06-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Argos always get shafted with the worst dates, street closure wise. I fail to see how the road closures will help the Argos.

paulwoods13
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Argos always get shafted with the worst dates, street closure wise. I fail to see how the road closures will help the Argos.

How about the Blue Jays, getting both DVP and Gardiner closed tomorrow when the Red Sox (one of the biggest draws) are in town?

1argoholic
06-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Argos always have dates over the years with other huge events. I can remember games on Indy weekend and Caribanna Parade used to run right along downtown. There was a huge Tebet march going on on one of my visits during an Argo game. Makes life fun and a city very vibrant.

ArgoRedneck
06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Argos always have dates over the years with other huge events. I can remember games on Indy weekend and Caribanna Parade used to run right along downtown. There was a huge Tebet march going on on one of my visits during an Argo game. Makes life fun and a city very vibrant.

I agree, just pissed that the offical Argo hotel The Hyatt has prices jacked up even when using the special Argo offer code. Argo price should be fixed when showing game ticket, Boatman card, Argo Tattoo to the Hyatt.

1argoholic
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
That'll be an important thing for us when we move back to Ontario and the Peterborough area. That does suck.

ArgoGabe22
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
There was a huge Tebet march going on on one of my visits during an Argo game. Makes life fun and a city very vibrant. I was on Queen St after going to a restaurant before the jersey launch and got stuck in a huge demonstration. May 1st wasn't only the Argo jersey launch, it was Communist day as well. I definitely was not happy being around pot smokers with their faces covered screaming in my face.

1argoholic
06-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Oh hell that seems like fun just like last year when I was in Victoria for a few nights as the occupy crap started. I can understand some of their issues but to be yelling on loud speakers not to shop or spent money made me go and buy a new pair of very cool Simple shoes. haha. Man they pissed me off.

marcwagz
06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I got my tickets, I will be in the Rogers center on the 7th.

The game seems more expensive then what I'd usually pay though so i got crappy bronze seats

7dj83r8f78t4alf8