PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Correspondence from Argos

Will
02-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Has anyone else not received any e-mail correspondence from the Argos in some time? The last thing I have from them is from January 7.

Mightygoose
02-13-2019, 12:32 PM
I got one yesterday inviting to 2 exclusive events

1) Chat with Popp and Chambin Feb 15 @ 6:30 BMO Field
2) Family Day Marlies Ticket Offer Fe 18 @ 3:00 Scotiabank Arena.

Wish this came in a week or so earlier. Already made plans for Family Day.

Did anyone else get this or going to either one?

Neely2005
02-13-2019, 01:06 PM
I haven't received anything since my season ticket payment confirmation in early December. Checked my Junk Folder too.

lazycro
02-13-2019, 02:04 PM
I got one yesterday inviting to 2 exclusive events

1) Chat with Popp and Chambin Feb 15 @ 6:30 BMO Field
2) Family Day Marlies Ticket Offer Fe 18 @ 3:00 Scotiabank Arena.

Wish this came in a week or so earlier. Already made plans for Family Day.

Did anyone else get this or going to either one?

I got family day tickets originally when I was screwed by the ticket rep on my seats so good to know that it meant nothing to them essentially

West Hill Wide Out
02-13-2019, 02:48 PM
I haven't received any emails from the Argonauts recently either.

ArgoGabe22
02-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Nada

AngeloV
02-13-2019, 03:14 PM
Nope.

AjaxArgos
02-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Nothing I think they have targeted campaigns vs offers that go to all. MLSE does same with TFC.

mchesher03
02-13-2019, 03:45 PM
received the offers re: Marlies tickets and the meet and greet with Popp and Chamblin yesterday. Agree with the earlier comment that these seem a little late. Not overly interested in seeing the Marlies and am already preoccupied on Friday - such is life. Feel that someone on this forum can and will provide a more insightful summary of the Friday event that I would have deciphered myself anyways.

GregR
02-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Agreed I got the email about the events this weekend and was wondering why send it so late. If I had more time, I would have attended the session with coach and GM. Bad planning it seems.

Downtownfan
02-13-2019, 06:04 PM
I would have been interested in receiving these emails, which I did not. And I have not received anything from the Argos in some time, either.

Mike Hogan
02-13-2019, 06:07 PM
Just to clarify.

I asked someone here about the event invitations. They were sent out on Tuesday to coincide with Free Agency day to piggyback on the excitement of the week.

Sorry if that didn't work for everyone. Hopefully we can see you at other off-season gatherings.

AngeloV
02-13-2019, 06:48 PM
Just to clarify.

I asked someone here about the event invitations. They were sent out on Tuesday to coincide with Free Agency day to piggyback on the excitement of the week.

Sorry if that didn't work for everyone. Hopefully we can see you at other off-season gatherings.

How did they choose who the invitations went out to?

doubleblue
02-13-2019, 09:02 PM
How did they choose who the invitations went out to?

Must have been a lottery. I to received nada, nope and zilch.

I could ask some questions to Jim and Corey if I were there. Some they won't want to answer I'm sure.

1) To Jim: Were you using the current salary cap or the new projected one with the offer to Bo Levi Mitchell.

2) To Corey & Jim: James Franklin has been named the starting QB. What happens if Ricky Ray says he wants to play another year.

3) To Corey: Have you ever give any thought of playing Dylan Wynn at DE (if he re-signs)

4) To Jim & Corey: What are your thoughts on Matt Betts out of Laval.

5) To Jim: Is there going to be a draft of the European players after the combine.

matthew
02-13-2019, 09:45 PM
the MLSE beat goes on. no notice for some little notice for others. no consistency or regard for STHs. the mere fact that threads like this have to be created and nature of responses is canary in coal mine for me.

the guy that tried to get me to renew kept telling me they inherited a bad situation and were working to improve things and to keep an eye out because i “would see it”. well sending out a invite to event 3 days in advance of a long weekend and demanding rsvp within 12 hours just seems poorly planned and worse yet carelessly executed.

I would have been interested in receiving these emails, which I did not. And I have not received anything from the Argos in some time, either.

1971GreyCup
02-13-2019, 11:29 PM
Nada. With a 12 RSVP window it sounds limited the venue has limited room.

A straw of the hardcore fans here appears to be a 20-25% offer ratio.

Shatto
02-13-2019, 11:32 PM
Great idea Poor planning.

Mike Hogan
02-13-2019, 11:54 PM
Matthew. I responded to you personally. I don't know why you posted this publicly without answering my reply. I went to one of the organizers of the event on your behalf. I offered an explanation, an apology that it didn't work out for you this time, and a personal invitation to the next Town Hall for both you and a friend of yours.

I also asked what we could do to encourage you to renew.

If that's poor customer service I'm not quite sure what I'm missing.

Cheers.

Mike

AngeloV
02-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Must have been a lottery. I to received nada, nope and zilch.

I could ask some questions to Jim and Corey if I were there. Some they won't want to answer I'm sure.

1) To Jim: Were you using the current salary cap or the new projected one with the offer to Bo Levi Mitchell.

2) To Corey & Jim: James Franklin has been named the starting QB. What happens if Ricky Ray says he wants to play another year.

3) To Corey: Have you ever give any thought of playing Dylan Wynn at DE (if he re-signs)

4) To Jim & Corey: What are your thoughts on Matt Betts out of Laval.

5) To Jim: Is there going to be a draft of the European players after the combine.

Ah, that's ok. I'm willing to wait until the next town hall. Argos have had some nice pre-season events the last couple of years. No complaints from me. I was just curious.

1971GreyCup
02-14-2019, 01:05 AM
Nada. With a 12 RSVP window it sounds limited the venue has limited room.

A straw of the hardcore fans here appears to be a 20-25% offer ratio.

Pretty disappointing. They’re is nothing more frustrating in business than to hold a client event which alienated 75-80% of your client base and disappoints a good number of the rest because they can’t accommodate a late invite.

Apparently nothing has changed in the non-football side of the Argos. I’m thankful that football operations is still runs in a professional manner.

BATKINSON001
02-14-2019, 06:39 AM
I didn't receive any email, but speculation is that it was for the Season Ticket Holders who are in the upper tier of the price range.

The rest of us in the masses will have to wait for the regular town hall.

matthew
02-14-2019, 07:13 AM
Hey mike don’t see anything in my inbox here. Regardless I think I am still free to air my opinion here especially when it seems others share same position. That said, Appreciate you taking time to reply.

Matthew. I responded to you personally. I don't know why you posted this publicly without answering my reply. I went to one of the organizers of the event on your behalf. I offered an explanation, an apology that it didn't work out for you this time, and a personal invitation to the next Town Hall for both you and a friend of yours.

I also asked what we could do to encourage you to renew.

If that's poor customer service I'm not quite sure what I'm missing.

Cheers.

Mike

Will
02-14-2019, 07:50 AM
I didn't receive any email, but speculation is that it was for the Season Ticket Holders who are in the upper tier of the price range.

I have no problem with this.

AngeloV
02-14-2019, 10:51 AM
I have no problem with this.

Nor do I.

Mightygoose
02-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Did anyone attend the chat with Popp/Chamblin tonight?

Any recap would be great. Thanks in advance!

1971GreyCup
02-16-2019, 02:26 AM
According to a tweet on the event, it was exclusive to Club and Field Side members. On the positive side MLSE is introducing exclusive value-added perks for top end ticket prices.

john
02-16-2019, 07:52 AM
According to a tweet on the event, it was exclusive to Club and Field Side members. On the positive side MLSE is introducing exclusive value-added perks for top end ticket prices.

mlse should provide a link/url to a video of the event so others could watch and listen AFTERWARDS so live exclusivity could still be given

Mightygoose
02-16-2019, 07:54 AM

That would make sense for the short RSVP window and notice. It would have gone out to those in platinum sections too. We we're in the one that was gold last year and reconfigured.

Agreed, good to have more perks for holders in the higher categories.

1971GreyCup
02-16-2019, 09:08 AM
That would make sense for the short RSVP window and notice. It would have gone out to those in platinum sections too. We we're in the one that was gold last year and reconfigured.

Agreed, good to have more perks for holders in the higher categories.

Also would be a good idea to communicate the additional perks prior when season tickets go on sale the purchasers who fin this attractive pay a little extra.

AngeloV
02-16-2019, 11:51 AM
Also would be a good idea to communicate the additional perks prior when season tickets go on sale the purchasers who fin this attractive pay a little extra.

I'm really tired of the complaining about perks or lack thereof. Cheapest tickets in the league BY FAR. If that isn't a good enough perk, I give up.

A few angry diehards on twitter last night regarding this event and the selection process. I personally, have no issue with what they did.

john
02-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Did anyone attend the chat with Popp/Chamblin tonight?

Any recap would be great. Thanks in advance!

hogie could easily provide a recap and post it here or on the argonauts.ca site

Mike Hogan
02-16-2019, 12:54 PM
Actually I couldn't. When I write a story I either record the interviewee or take notes. I did neither last night and would never write a recap without accurate reference points. I was a little busy to do that Friday night. LOL Sorry about that.

john
02-16-2019, 01:02 PM
Actually I couldn't. When I write a story I either record the interviewee or take notes. I did neither last night and would never write a recap without accurate reference points. I was a little busy to do that Friday night. LOL Sorry about that.

well then recording it on video for playback afterwards by another party would seem a very good solution as there seems to be interest
no need for u to take notes

Mike Hogan
02-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Point taken. Paul Woods wrote an excellent recap on another thread here.

Argo57
02-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Point taken. Paul Woods wrote an excellent recap on another thread here.

Mike, you’re doing a great job.....keep it up we appreciate it👍👍

1971GreyCup
02-16-2019, 10:41 PM
I'm really tired of the complaining about perks or lack thereof. Cheapest tickets in the league BY FAR. If that isn't a good enough perk, I give up.

A few angry diehards on twitter last night regarding this event and the selection process. I personally, have no issue with what they did.

I will repeat one more time as you seem slow on the uptake. This is a business. As such, and to move forward, businesses /need/want accept constructive criticism. To say I have no problem is of zero value. Don't complete a survey if all you say is no problem. I want the Argos to succeed. Plain and simple. Unlike you, they have a thick skin.

And by the way, I find no satisfaction that they are the cheapest tickets by far. Succeed in this business and charge a healthy market price and the have the resources to properly manage the business.

That's my two cents.

argonaut11xx
02-16-2019, 11:05 PM

Us fans think we know more than the folks who run the show, guess what - WE DONT -

No matter how long you have been a fan of the Toronto Argonauts, if a GM of the Argo's lead them to an 0-18 season. That GM is still more knowledgeable than any of us.

Why, because if we/me/paulwoods/angelov/ovargo, etc etc were an incredible football brain, we would be the GM , or coach.

But, none of us on this forum are, not even Hoagie.

That said, the passion we all have is what we need to spread.

AngeloV
02-16-2019, 11:39 PM
I will repeat one more time as you seem slow on the uptake. This is a business. As such, and to move forward, businesses /need/want accept constructive criticism. To say I have no problem is of zero value. Don't complete a survey if all you say is no problem. I want the Argos to succeed. Plain and simple. Unlike you, they have a thick skin.

And by the way, I find no satisfaction that they are the cheapest tickets by far. Succeed in this business and charge a healthy market price and the have the resources to properly manage the business.

That's my two cents.

Yeah, I guess you are the only one on here qualified to talk business, and perhaps the only that doesn't care about the price of tickets. I bow to you, Sir.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8