PDA

View Full Version : Story from the War Room

Mike Hogan
02-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Hey gang. Last week I asked Jim Popp if I could join them in the War Room and write a story about the experience. He wants to bring fans as close to the action as possible and quickly said yes to the request.

I've been in media a long time and have never been witness to a day like this.

Here's the story. Enjoy.

https://www.argonauts.ca/2019/02/16/exclusive-mike-hogan-goes-inside-war-room/

paulwoods13
02-16-2019, 01:07 PM
Great story, Hoagie. One of the very best "inside the war room" accounts I've ever read.

R.J
02-16-2019, 01:22 PM
Wow, great work Hogie, lots of interesting tidbits there. I was especially intrigued by your breakdown of housing allowances and bonuses. Liked hearing how "losing Mitchell" lead to Awe, Antigha, and Lemon as a combo, not just seen as separate cases. Also interesting to read that it was Sutton who called, and that it all worked out - I love the way he plays.

Glad we have you with the team Mike.

AngeloV
02-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Great read as always Hoagie!! It must have been really cool to be in the room for that.

Argo57
02-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Thanks Mike, things worked out rather well I’d say!

Stevoman
02-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Thanks for posting! So, was the second QB targeted Harris? I'm happy with the way free agency has turned out but would also like Marcus Ball to sign.

AngeloV
02-16-2019, 02:30 PM
Thanks for posting! So, was the second QB targeted Harris? I'm happy with the way free agency has turned out but would also like Marcus Ball to sign.

As much as I like Harris, I’m glad the Argos are going with Franklin instead. It allowed them to strengthen the rest of the team more, and I’m confident it will result in a great year from Franklin.

R.J
02-16-2019, 03:15 PM
Based on the timeline given, I would guess that the second QB was Collaros. I think the signing of Antigha spells the end for Ball in Double Blue.

paulwoods13
02-16-2019, 03:40 PM
Based on the timeline given, I would guess that the second QB was Collaros. I think the signing of Antigha spells the end for Ball in Double Blue.

I agree with both of those points. Marcus was a warrior and one of our leaders for two GC victories, but he seemed a step or two slow at times last season. A great leader on the sidelines but . . .

Neely2005
02-16-2019, 09:25 PM

I was thinking that it was Jennings. My timeline could be off though.

Jon Gonzo
02-17-2019, 11:59 AM
This is the stuff that bloggers and outside writers cannot duplicate. That is why these pieces are 'must-read' for a fan of any team they follow. Plus, insight, exclusivity and more traffic at the website. The bosses always like that. Hopefully the draft next! (;

SkalbaniasGhost
02-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Mike,

I noticed that Catherine Raiche was not mentioned as being in the war room.Is she still with the front office?

Mike Hogan
02-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Yes. She was responsible for getting contracts drawn up and making sure they were signed by each party and filed with the league. She wasn't in the office, but was in constant contact with the War Room. I should have pointed that out in my article, that's my bad. I believe she was in Montreal. I can't imagine how busy her night was from 3-11 pm and beyond. I'll write a profile of her before camp opens and get her to expand on that story. Thank you for pointing that out.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8