PDA

View Full Version : Manziel Available?

Neely2005
02-18-2019, 11:29 AM
Manziel available?

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/18/alouettes-still-in-search-of-starting-quarterback/

IF so would you add him to the roster in the hopes of gaining media attention and increasing ticket sales?
Or is the circus that follows him to disruptive?

Will
02-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Nah

Argo57
02-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Very little to zero media buzz left in regards to Manziel, no thanks under any circumstance.

john
02-18-2019, 12:47 PM
nope

gilthethrill
02-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Very little to zero media buzz left in regards to Manziel, no thanks under any circumstance.

I'll take Franklin over Johnny Football.

john
02-18-2019, 01:24 PM
in a heartbeat
johnny football is really only worried about johnny football
and really isn't that good

ArgoZ
02-18-2019, 02:04 PM
The What Have You Done For Me Lately League. It seems to be the trend to give up on QB's too soon. Franklin, Manziel, Bridge. All future franchise starters, now all being trashed on the daily.

Montreal paid the price for Manziel and now he's got a year of experience. Give him the reins and see how it works out.

Rich
02-19-2019, 03:05 AM
I think Johnny's got all the tools to be a star in this league, and it looks like he's finally getting his head together. I'd love to see him in an Argonaut uniform one day, but now is not the time. It's true that a James Franklin-type offence would probably suit Manziel very well, but the problem is that he would expect to start and we would have an immediate and disruptive QB controversy on our hands. The only possible scenario that might work is if the Alouettes are dumb enough to start Pipkin ahead of Manziel, and then Franklin goes down with a serious injury here. Under these circumstances, and without a more experienced backup on the Argos roster, Manziel to Toronto would be a virtual certainty.

AngeloV
02-19-2019, 09:20 AM
Montreal paid the price for Manziel and now he's got a year of experience. Give him the reins and see how it works out.

I agree with this. The only way I would give up on him is if he was showing signs of being a total jerk.

paulwoods13
02-19-2019, 10:18 AM
IMO it's a big stretch to assume the Als might make Manziel available. The author of that story is not a football reporter but a fan based in Alberta. No inside info here, as far as I can tell.

Shatto
02-19-2019, 10:57 AM
Franklin, the big signing of last year, has been anointed by Popp as the #1 QB. The team still needs an experienced backup who can come in if an emergency occurs, have the confidence of the players and have a reasonable chance of winning the game. The number of candidates for that position are somewhat limited.

The best candidate still appears to be Ray ---if ---1) he can accept being a backup, 2) will accept backup salary, 3) will agree his main priority is mentoring the young QB's, 4) is physical able to play

There has been concern express that his reserved and quiet personality might not be conducive in coaching others. Some of the very best communicators and motivators I have worked with, have been reserved, knowledgeable individuals who quietly but confidently and in a positive manner, corrected the bad habits of others, without destroying their confidence. I don't know if Ray has good communication and motivational skills but he has suggested in the past that he would consider coaching, so it might be a good opportunity for him to determine whether he can do the job.

As a backup and if he is physically fit, I would have more confidence in him taking over in an emergency than anyone else presently available. Just my view, however.

AngeloV
02-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Franklin, the big signing of last year, has been anointed by Popp as the #1 QB. The team still needs an experienced backup who can come in if an emergency occurs, have the confidence of the players and have a reasonable chance of winning the game. The number of candidates for that position are somewhat limited.

Or, they can have faith in a guy like Prukop to come in and win some games, just like Zach Collaros did in 2013.

The best candidate still appears to be Ray ---if ---1) he can accept being a backup, 2) will accept backup salary, 3) will agree his main priority is mentoring the young QB's, 4) is physical able to play

I think Ray is seriously leaning towards retirement, if in fact he hasn't made that decision yet.

R.J
02-19-2019, 12:45 PM
Or, they can have faith in a guy like Prukop to come in and win some games, just like Zach Collaros did in 2013.
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ohzdIuqJoo8QdKlnW/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c6c4081427a47497727c6c2

I like this idea... for some reason.

Rich
02-20-2019, 01:52 AM
IMO it's a big stretch to assume the Als might make Manziel available. The author of that story is not a football reporter but a fan based in Alberta. No inside info here, as far as I can tell.

The point is the Als have not named their starting QB yet, and it is entirely possible that it won't be Manziel. If he isn't the starter then surely the Als will try to move him. Who needs all that aggravation and cost for a back-up QB?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8