View Full Version : could argos trade some rb's to get linemen from lions ?

john
02-24-2019, 05:57 PM
cdn would be preferred as it would allow more americans in other roles
do lions have cdn ol of any merit ? protection for qb's is paramount
i know coach cc is primarily concerned w/ defence

maybe the $ kitty is all dried up?

-------------
Foucault is a cdn OL and a very big boy 6'7" . 323lbs . 30yr old, - would be very cool to get him
don't know about LB Elimimian 6' . 225lbs as he only played 4 games last year and is 30 yr old and an import

AngeloV
02-24-2019, 07:46 PM
cdn would be preferred as it would allow more americans in other roles
do lions have cdn ol of any merit ? protection for qb's is paramount
i know coach cc is primarily concerned w/ defence

maybe the $ kitty is all dried up?

-------------
Foucault is a cdn OL and a very big boy 6'7" . 323lbs . 30yr old, - would be very cool to get him
don't know about LB Elimimian 6' . 225lbs as he only played 4 games last year and is 30 yr old and an import

Not going to happen. Lions are way above the cap, and will likely be looking for draft picks to get rid of their higher priced players that aren't in their plans, or just plain release them.

ArgoGabe22
02-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Running backs are a dime a dozen

R.J
02-24-2019, 08:22 PM
Not going to happen. Lions are way above the cap, and will likely be looking for draft picks to get rid of their higher priced players that aren't in their plans, or just plain release them.
I'd want Foucault here, but I'd rather just see the Argonauts wait for his release. Could then maybe come in for a cheaper rate (though I suppose a restructure could happen either way), and without giving up any assets.

OV Argo
02-24-2019, 11:11 PM
I'd want Foucault here, but I'd rather just see the Argonauts wait for his release. Could then maybe come in for a cheaper rate (though I suppose a restructure could happen either way), and without giving up any assets.

Foucault is a natural OT (had a start in the NFL there) who got converted to guard by CFL GOB thinking; be nice to have a chance to get him for free if he is just cut by Mr. Ed; but unless the Argos plan to give him a real look at OT, there are much better guard prospects to be had - like Viallancourt if he could be got from the same Lions; or via the draft.

OV Argo
02-24-2019, 11:13 PM
???

Mr. Ed will not be up for trading for any Argo RB - he let go 2 of them (Sutton & Rainey) from the Lions.

Mr. Ed would have the opportunity to add to his much needed RB TC competition by drafting one of the very good RB prospects up this draft - including BC guy Maleek Irons who is a very big, productive tailback from US college ball (Ohio); don't hold your breath there = RB will not be one of his 7 only need apply positions.

OV Argo
02-24-2019, 11:15 PM
Running backs are a dime a dozen

Is that you Roy Shivers? - how's the craps table going down in Vegas ?

paulwoods13
02-25-2019, 07:55 AM
Foucault is a natural OT (had a start in the NFL there) who got converted to guard by CFL GOB thinking; be nice to have a chance to get him for free if he is just cut by Mr. Ed; but unless the Argos plan to give him a real look at OT, there are much better guard prospects to be had - like Viallancourt if he could be got from the same Lions; or via the draft.

If he actually came for free, sure. But I bet Foucault is making and would expect to keep making big money -- potentially two or three times as much as an INT LT.

Will
02-25-2019, 08:04 AM
Is that you Roy Shivers? - how's the craps table going down in Vegas ?

Grow up

john
02-25-2019, 08:40 AM

if released he may opt to sign w/ als as he was born in La Salle

OV Argo
02-25-2019, 12:46 PM
If he actually came for free, sure. But I bet Foucault is making and would expect to keep making big money -- potentially two or three times as much as an INT LT.

Foucault is making 2 or 3 times as much as Sir Vincent Rodgers or Jovan Olifoyae or Derek Dennis or Stanley Bryant ?

Foucault is a very unproven one year CFL starter; if a CFL GM is dumb enough to sign this guy for big buck$ - that's great for him.

OV Argo
02-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Grow up

You're good instead with somebody spouting laughable, ludicrous football cliches that add nothing to the conversation here ?

paulwoods13
02-25-2019, 01:53 PM
Foucault is making 2 or 3 times as much as Sir Vincent Rodgers or Jovan Olifoyae or Derek Dennis or Stanley Bryant ?

Those guys are not on our roster, last time I looked. I wouldn't be surprised if he is making 2-3 times as much as Isaiah Cage or Will Campbell.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8