PDA

View Full Version : What are your ideal offseason moves or acquistions?

Padre29
12-08-2011, 07:48 PM
With FA about to begin, and the Staff settling in, what are your ideal Offseason player acquisitions or moves?

For me:

-Retain Byron Parker
-Retain Pottinger
-Shore up the Oline, 3 starters up for Free Agency
-Add a good Qb to compete with Jyles
-Find some answers at Wr

Not a short list, does Millanovich poach some talent from the Als'?

1argoholic
12-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Agree with what you said but the bigest deal for me is find some quailty receivers. Hopefully they use their second overall pick on a great receiver with plenty of upside who's CFL ready.

Padre29
12-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Well, we could go Free Agency as well for a Wr who can contribute quickly.

I'd like to have another Qb who can push Jyles by the time Camp opens

Padre29
12-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Well:

Qb..check

WR..I'd love for us to make a run at BC's Paris Jackson.

OL..Rothier make sense for one Tackle slot, maybe at Big Murph's expense though.

bluto
12-12-2011, 10:13 PM
i just got a vibe in talking to Murphy that he was prepared to move on. if that's so, we need to bring back the other 3 (Van Zeyl having already re-upped) then find a new LT and then find some receivers...

i have a Groundhog Day moment every time it's an offseason or training-camp thread where we post our wishlists and here i am again pleading for a few guys who can: a) get open, b) catch the ball and, c) make a play afterwards... the fact that we've had one guy in the last 10 years who can do all three is (or at least ought to be) shocking.

Padre29
12-13-2011, 06:27 AM
Well, how much of that not getting open or making plays falls on the Qb though?

I'd calculate we need 3 Wr's, maybe 4, but we also need NI talent at Wr, which is why Paris Jackson makes sense for us imo.

ArgoRavi
12-22-2011, 04:49 PM
i just got a vibe in talking to Murphy that he was prepared to move on. if that's so, we need to bring back the other 3 (Van Zeyl having already re-upped) then find a new LT and then find some receivers...

I thought that Edawn Coughman acquitted himself well at left tackle in the final half of last season. Obviously, they will bring in some competition for him in training camp but I wouldn't have a problem with Coughman as the starter in 2012. I do think that Murphy is done as an Argo and Taylor Robertson may not be far behind.

argolio
12-22-2011, 11:45 PM
I thought that Edawn Coughman acquitted himself well at left tackle in the final half of last season. Obviously, they will bring in some competition for him in training camp but I wouldn't have a problem with Coughman as the starter in 2012. I do think that Murphy is done as an Argo and Taylor Robertson may not be far behind.All things considered, the make-shift o-line performed quite well at the end of the season. At the very least this gives management more game film and more options to make personnel decisions.

marcwagz
12-23-2011, 06:40 AM
i think greg carr would be a good pick up

bluto
12-23-2011, 08:45 AM
I thought that Edawn Coughman acquitted himself well at left tackle in the final half of last season. Obviously, they will bring in some competition for him in training camp but I wouldn't have a problem with Coughman as the starter in 2012. I do think that Murphy is done as an Argo and Taylor Robertson may not be far behind.

you're right, of course. Coughman was a very pleasant surprise when i'm sure many of us were fearing for the worst. O-Linemen are playing their best when their names aren't mentioned, right? in that case, Edawn was a success. in hindsight, my only regret with Coughman is that he never had a brief lapse and let Lemon take a big hit prior to his hissy fit that got him bounced out of town. and yes, Robertson is likely not far behind as well but it seems that 2011's injuries have already found us their replacements.
it would sure be nice if part of the savings of not having those two big contracts were sent Greg Carr's way. in fact, i hope we're tapping up his agent right now. Carr was the only Bomber who stayed on the field while the GC was handed out. after being (imo) the best player in the GC game, he stood far off to the side with a stoic look on his face that just made me think that he would never allow himself to lose a big game again. he could have headed to the lockers with his team but he wanted to see the GC get presented for a reason.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8