PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson: Are the Argos building a roster to beat Hamilton?

Neely2005
02-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Ferguson: Are the Argos building a roster to beat Hamilton?

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/27/ferguson-argos-building-roster-beat-hamilton/

ArgoGabe22
02-27-2019, 10:26 AM
They should focus on beating every team

Will
02-27-2019, 10:53 AM
They should focus on beating every team

Of course, but I have no issues with an attempt to stoke up the rivalry a little bit.

gilthethrill
02-27-2019, 11:50 AM
As long as the Argos have a winning record, Hamilton won't beat them.

mchesher03
02-27-2019, 02:33 PM
Yeah I am not too fussed about the ticats either to be honest. Feel like they've become the "team" in the east based on the fact that the rest of the east (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal) aren't quite as strong right now - reminds me a bit of the Argos being the default #2 team in the East throughout most of the Calvillo years in Montreal.

That said, if Hamilton is the team to beat in the east, absolutely build a team that can beat Hamilton in the playoffs. Given the Argos track record in the Grey Cup game, would always be happy to "roll the dice" in a one game playoff.

Antwon
02-27-2019, 08:36 PM
Yeah I am not too fussed about the ticats either to be honest. Feel like they've become the "team" in the east based on the fact that the rest of the east (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal) aren't quite as strong right now - reminds me a bit of the Argos being the default #2 team in the East throughout most of the Calvillo years in Montreal.

That said, if Hamilton is the team to beat in the east, absolutely build a team that can beat Hamilton in the playoffs. Given the Argos track record in the Grey Cup game, would always be happy to "roll the dice" in a one game playoff.

I agree. Ottawa will drop a bit with the FA losses. Hamilton was good but could not beat any top tier teams. I'm not sure if they've done enough to get much better this year. The Argos appear to have a plan to challenge them. So game on! Looking forward to both teams going head to head all season. Plus the east needs it.

R.J
02-27-2019, 08:43 PM
Of course, but I have no issues with an attempt to stoke up the rivalry a little bit.
Montreal and Ottawa aren't expected to to do much, then add in the rivalry with Hamilton, and here we are. As it currently stands, Hamilton is probably a good bet to finish first in the East, but a lot could go wrong for them (and right for other teams) to change that. As the saying goes "that's why the game is played on the field". Chamblin and his defence have to prove that 2017 wasn't the outlier, and Chaps needs to figure out how to get the offence/Franklin or whomever going, not to mention also playing an entertaining style of offense. It could be an interesting season this year if things don't go as many in the media and fanbases are predicting in February.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8