PDA

View Full Version : Preseason game May 30th at 11AM

mchesher03
03-15-2019, 08:04 AM
I know there was talk on some other thread about this but what exactly is happening with this game? I get the 11am start and the desire to get in front of kids, etc. but at the same time - I'd count myself as one of those who would (if possible) take the day off work and hang out with my dad - see some of the prospects play and more or less make a day of it. I acknowledge I may be in the minority on this, but as a "diehard" and a season ticket holder - i'd at least want to be given the chance to do that. Maybe I will, who knows. Anyhow, just wondering if there was talk at the town hall about that game and what they are doing about it??

AngeloV
03-15-2019, 12:14 PM
I know there was talk on some other thread about this but what exactly is happening with this game? I get the 11am start and the desire to get in front of kids, etc. but at the same time - I'd count myself as one of those who would (if possible) take the day off work and hang out with my dad - see some of the prospects play and more or less make a day of it. I acknowledge I may be in the minority on this, but as a "diehard" and a season ticket holder - i'd at least want to be given the chance to do that. Maybe I will, who knows. Anyhow, just wondering if there was talk at the town hall about that game and what they are doing about it??

I would likely book the day off an go as well. I acknowledge it isn't part of the ST package, but I would pay to go see it. I'm sure like last year, the team will contact us with the option to purchase tickets. Hopefully, unlike last year, the game will be played in Toronto, if not at BMO, then at Varsity.

mchesher03
03-15-2019, 02:29 PM
yeah let's sure hope we at least get the chance - i'd pay to go to to it too, although there is a side of me that says it should be comped. regardless, it could be a nice little event.

CFLfan
03-24-2019, 09:29 AM
We went to the game against Ottawa in Guelph last year. Not sure how many locals showed up, I doubt they recruited any fans from Guelph.
At least young people will have a chance to see a game. The Argos desperately need the young fans and if they need a 11AM start then go for it.
Some old fans will complain but if they are true fans they will show up anyway.

j-ski
03-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Probably go too. Might be only chance to see Picton play a few downs.

AngeloV
03-25-2019, 10:56 AM
Probably go too. Might be only chance to see Picton play a few downs.

Yes, hopefully Chamblin is more on board with this idea than Trestman was.

doubleblue
03-26-2019, 09:04 PM
They had this kids day in the Dome one year but I believe the start time was 1:00 pm. Bused a lot of kids in from their schools, but because of the start time most of them had to leave at half time to get back to their schools for a ride home. So the 11:00 am start time would work better for that scenario. The teachers will earn their keep on that day. Just like the old woman in the shoe trying to look after all her kids.

Neely2005
04-01-2019, 02:51 PM
It's at Varsity:

https://www.argonauts.ca/2019/04/01/school-day-argos-play-preseason-game-uoft/

Downtownfan
04-01-2019, 04:24 PM
why the switch?

gilthethrill
04-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Well with the Argos having their pre season game at Varsity and one regular season game out East, hard core TFC fans should be jumping on the seats at BMO in jubilation.😁

paulwoods13
04-01-2019, 04:46 PM
why the switch?

Pretty sure it's because TFC plays the next night at home.

Mightygoose
04-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Pretty sure it's because TFC plays the next night at home.

They're in Vancouver the next day with the previous home game May 26 so the place is definitely available.

Would have been nice to get a good school crowd at BMO. Apparently, there will be no general sale, only to schools and to STHs at a later time.

paulwoods13
04-01-2019, 06:16 PM
They're in Vancouver the next day with the previous home game May 26 so the place is definitely available.

Would have been nice to get a good school crowd at BMO. Apparently, there will be no general sale, only to schools and to STHs at a later time.

My mistake. I thought I had seen something about too short a turnaround time a few weeks ago. Obviously not.

Neely2005
04-01-2019, 08:40 PM
why the switch?

My guess is it's because BMO Field is difficult to get to by transit (unless you're on the Lakeshore West GO Line) where as Varsity Stadium is on the Subway Line. Varsity should make it easier for the schools to get there and back in time.

ArgofanIan
04-01-2019, 10:04 PM
This is really good news.

ArgoZ
04-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Well with the Argos having their pre season game at Varsity and one regular season game out East, hard core TFC fans should be jumping on the seats at BMO in jubilation.

Will we receive a credit for each game? I can’t remember if the pre-season was included.

Neely2005
04-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Will we receive a credit for each game? I can’t remember if the pre-season was included.

The preseason game wasn't included in the season ticket package. The Touchdown Atlantic game will be credited.

Neely2005
04-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Not sure what to make of this odd article?

https://globalnews.ca/news/5119722/rick-zamperin-toronto-argos-giveaway-might-backfire-on-them/

Will
04-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Not sure what to make of this odd article?

https://globalnews.ca/news/5119722/rick-zamperin-toronto-argos-giveaway-might-backfire-on-them/

Ex PBP voice of the Tiger-Cats.

ArgoZ
04-02-2019, 06:50 PM

Stupid, negative article with cheap shots towards a team he hates. Better to not write about them, if that's all you can input. Argonauts are trying hard to increase their fanbase. Why not help promote the game or team? This negative crap makes me wish they blow out the Cats 40-0 in June.

Neely2005
04-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the context. It makes more sense now.

Wobbler
04-03-2019, 11:57 AM
I thought it was a fun article. Although I don't think there's a serious risk that fans will throw things on the field en masse at a pre-season game, distributing literal projectiles does increase the odds! And as pointed out in the article, Hamilton knows a thing or two about promotion disasters.

paulwoods13
04-03-2019, 03:30 PM
My interp based on a fast read was that they plan to distribute these over the entire season, not one game, to kids (who IMO would be extremely unlikely to throw away a free football). I think the premise of the article was a reach, to put it politely.

mchesher03
04-08-2019, 08:50 AM
My interp based on a fast read was that they plan to distribute these over the entire season, not one game, to kids (who IMO would be extremely unlikely to throw away a free football). I think the premise of the article was a reach, to put it politely.

Paul is being diplomatic, the article was garbage and a poor attempt at a swipe at the Argos organization at best.

more of the type of nonsense we'd come to expect from Arash Madani.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8