PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Hotshots QB John Wolford

KCargosfan
04-01-2019, 02:29 AM
Like to see someone give this guy a training camp look. Not sure if he has the arm strength for the wide side of the field, but he kind of reminds me of a poor man's BLM.
Played at Wake Forest.

gilthethrill
04-01-2019, 06:38 AM
Like to see someone give this guy a training camp look. Not sure if he has the arm strength for the wide side of the field, but he kind of reminds me of a poor man's BLM.
Played at Wake Forest.

Wolford as I understand it is under contract with Arizona for another 2 years. Assuming he does not sign with an NFL team, then CFL teams will have to wait.

AngeloV
04-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Wolford as I understand it is under contract with Arizona for another 2 years. Assuming he does not sign with an NFL team, then CFL teams will have to wait.

HAHAHA!! Post of the year!!

KCargosfan
04-02-2019, 11:17 AM

I personally don't believe the league will last. The only team that is drawing fans is San Antonio. Birmingham, Memphis, Salt Lake and Atlanta are drawing flies, and this is with no $ from a TV contract.

And if it does get a second year, I believe all players will be cut and then put on year-to-year contracts for roughly $5K-$7K a week. This is why I think Wolford will be available for someone to give a look.

One giant mistake the AAF made was paying its coaches $500K a year.

KCargosfan
04-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Hotshots wideout Rashad Ross is also someone I think should get a look.

Neely2005
04-02-2019, 01:31 PM
I personally don't believe the league will last. The only team that is drawing fans is San Antonio. Birmingham, Memphis, Salt Lake and Atlanta are drawing flies, and this is with no $ from a TV contract.

And if it does get a second year, I believe all players will be cut and then put on year-to-year contracts for roughly $5K-$7K a week. This is why I think Wolford will be available for someone to give a look.

One giant mistake the AAF made was paying its coaches $500K a year.

Well you're correct:

AAF suspending football operations: reports

https://3downnation.com/2019/04/02/aaf-suspending-football-operations-reports/

argonaut11xx
04-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Former Ti-Cat Will Hill JR, looked good in the games i watched

gilthethrill
04-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Hotshots wideout Rashad Ross is also someone I think should get a look.

Ross is an example of a good football player who won't get back into the NFL. At age 29 and already bouncing around there for several years he is viewed as too old. If the CFL can raise wages for 1st year players perhaps more guys like Ross will view Canada as a viable option to continue their careers.

KCargosfan
04-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Ross is an example of a good football player who won't get back into the NFL. At age 29 and already bouncing around there for several years he is viewed as too old. If the CFL can raise wages for 1st year players perhaps more guys like Ross will view Canada as a viable option to continue their careers.

Ross just made $56K in eight weeks. I bet he'll be willing to come play for $75K-$80K somewhere in Canada if he is still single and doesn't have family obligations.

matthew
04-02-2019, 07:15 PM
So early In the season!!

HAHAHA!! Post of the year!!

AngeloV
04-02-2019, 11:23 PM
Former Ti-Cat Will Hill JR, looked good in the games i watched

Ability wasn't his problem in 2017. He was just a big time head case. I doubt anyone will give him another look.

gilthethrill
04-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Lots of decent players from the AAF have been added to CFL neg lists. Just a question....why are these players not UFA who could then negotiate with as many teams as they would like? Is the neg list outdated?

paulwoods13
04-03-2019, 10:07 AM
The league loves the neg list because it prevents bidding wars that drive up the price of talent.

KCargosfan
04-04-2019, 02:46 AM
I think Orlando QB Garrett Gilbert will get another NFL look, but he's another player the CFL should take a gander at.

Hotshots PR/WR Deion Holliman and RB Jhurell Pressley are other potential players to give a look.

gilthethrill
04-04-2019, 06:13 AM
I think Orlando QB Garrett Gilbert will get another NFL look, but he's another player the CFL should take a gander at.

Hotshots PR/WR Deion Holliman and RB Jhurell Pressley are other potential players to give a look.

Salt Lake DE Carter Shult also stood out ( but the O lines in the AAF had issues), 30 year old WR Charles Johnson of Orlando, Arizona LB Stevie Johnson, a 6 year NFL vet, his teamate, a guy named Dylan Wynne looked ok. I just hope players from that league don't just jump to the XFL and go through this all over again.

AngeloV
04-04-2019, 11:14 AM
Salt Lake DE Carter Shult also stood out ( but the O lines in the AAF had issues), 30 year old WR Charles Johnson of Orlando, Arizona LB Stevie Johnson, a 6 year NFL vet, his teamate, a guy named Dylan Wynne looked ok. I just hope players from that league don't just jump to the XFL and go through this all over again.

At this point the XFL is a better option for these guys, already having gone through basically a half season of playing football. A season and a half is too much football to be played over an 8 month period. There is a reason why football has so few games on their schedules.

jerrym
04-04-2019, 11:25 AM
QB Garrett Gllbert was outstanding in the AAF, but was this partly because he played behind the best OL in the league and because the AAF allowed no blitzes? He has spent five years as mainly PR NFL QB, getting to play in only one game during that time, last year with Carolina where he was 2/3 for 40 yards. However, in college he was a top ten passer at SMU in his senior year completing 66.5% of his passes for 3,500+ yards and 21 TDs. After his performance in the AAF he's likely heading to the NFL again, but if he doesn't make it, he'd be worth a look in the CFL.

R.J
04-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Wolford has the skillset I like, so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him up here.

doubleblue
04-09-2019, 06:49 PM
QB Garrett Gllbert was outstanding in the AAF, but was this partly because he played behind the best OL in the league and because the AAF allowed no blitzes? He has spent five years as mainly PR NFL QB, getting to play in only one game during that time, last year with Carolina where he was 2/3 for 40 yards. However, in college he was a top ten passer at SMU in his senior year completing 66.5% of his passes for 3,500+ yards and 21 TDs. After his performance in the AAF he's likely heading to the NFL again, but if he doesn't make it, he'd be worth a look in the CFL.

Gilbert has signed with the Cleveland Browns.

gilthethrill
04-10-2019, 06:25 AM
Even Philadelphia signed Birmingham qb Luis Perez. Despite starting he did not throw a TD pass until week 5.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8