PDA

View Full Version : Which European Player, If Anyone, Would You Like the Argos Draft on Thursday

jerrym
04-08-2019, 09:56 PM
On Thursday the CFL will hold its one round European draft. The 18 available players are listed below. Two of them played form Canadian universities, so have more familiarity with the Canadian game. They are RB Asnnel Robo from Universite de Montreal and LB Maxime Rouyer from McGill.

EUROPEAN DRAFT ELIGIBLE PLAYERS

<tbody>
NAME
POS.
TEAM
HOMETOWN

Jordan Bouah
WR
Saddleback College Gauchos
Rome, Italy

Valentin Gnahoua
DL
Berlin Rebels
Le Mans, France

Thiadric Hansen
LB
Potsdam Royals
Flensburg, Germany

Marc Anthony Hor
DL
Frankfurt Universe
Mannheim, Germany

Kimi Linnainmaa
WR
Helsinki Roosters
Espoo, Finland

Mads Nielsen
DL
Copenhagen Towers
Vejle, Denmark

Frederik Nielsen
WR
Potsdam Royals
Aalborg, Denmark

Okko Outinen
DE
Helsinki Roosters
Hämeenlinna, Finland

Benjamin Plu
WR
Thonon-les-Bains Black Panthers
Le Mans, France

Asnnel Robo
RB
University de Montreal
Cayenne, France

Maxime Rouyer
LB
McGill
Troyes, France

Roni Salonen
LB
Braunschweig New Yorker Lions
Vantaa, Finland

Hendrik Schwarz
WR
Marburg Mercenaries
Marburg, Germany

Arttu Tennberg
OL
Porvoo Butchers
Helsinki, Finland

Alessandro Vergani
OL
Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns
Monza, Italy

Sonny Weishaupt
QB
Grenoble Centaures
Aschaffenburg, Germany

Max Earvin Zimmermann
WR
Potsdam Royals
Berlin, Germany

Johannes Zirngibl
DE
Straubing Spiders
Landau, Germany

</tbody>

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/04/cfl-unveils-plan-draft-order-first-ever-european-draft/

Argo57
04-09-2019, 07:47 AM
If I had a clue who any of them are I could give you an educated answer.

j-ski
04-09-2019, 08:49 AM
<tbody>
Asnnel Robo
RB
University de Montreal
Cayenne, France

</tbody>

1971GreyCup
04-09-2019, 09:50 AM
I’m hoping to bring some European players currently in the US school system to Canada this summer and introduce them to the CFL and show them another avenue. More the merrier in the CFL.

doubleblue
04-09-2019, 10:10 AM
On Thursday the CFL will hold its one round European draft. The 18 available players are listed below. Two of them played form Canadian universities, so have more familiarity with the Canadian game. They are RB Asnnel Robo from Universite de Montreal and LB Maxime Rouyer from McGill.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/04/cfl-unveils-plan-draft-order-first-ever-european-draft/

Drafting at number five I would throw a dart at a list of the remaining names with my fingers crossed. Come to think about it I think that happens in the Canadian CFL draft sometimes.

gilthethrill
04-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Marc Anthony Hor.

OV Argo
04-10-2019, 11:26 PM
Klaus Mein - from the Scorpions of the German League. "Hello Toronto - we are Scorpions - Rock & Roll !!! "

gilthethrill
04-11-2019, 01:09 PM
Congratulations to DL Marc Anthony Hor of the Frankfurt Universe on being drafted by the CFLs Toronto Argonauts. I think the big man can compete for a roster spot immediately.

dmont
04-11-2019, 04:36 PM

Looks like a strong guy, but I didnt see a lot of technique in his one on ones. Mostly just seemed to plow into the opposing o-lineman.

Overall I like him. Could a done much worse job.

Jon Gonzo
04-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Klaus Mein - from the Scorpions of the German League. "Hello Toronto - we are Scorpions - Rock & Roll !!! "

Have you seen his tape? (;

Not even big enough to punt

jerrym
04-12-2019, 01:07 AM
Here's a video of Marc Anthony Hor.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/02/global-prospect-profile-marc-anthony-hor/

gilthethrill
04-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Giovinco went unselected yesterday?

doubleblue
04-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Here's a video of Marc Anthony Hor.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/02/global-prospect-profile-marc-anthony-hor/

I was a little surprised he was still there at #5. I saw he was listed at 6'2 285 and I thought he did ok in the one on ones. Wouldn't be used to the yard off the ball so more of a bull rusher but could learn some new moves if they keep him around. 28 reps on the bench was impressive. So if it turns out there is a spot on the roster for a Global player he would be in competition with the two Mexican players I presume, as they were D Line as well. How they would get into a game has yet to be determined.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8