PDA

View Full Version : Duron Carter Says Trestman Undermined Him

jerrym
04-19-2019, 12:35 AM
In his latest controversy, Duron Carter now says that Marc Trestman undermined during Carter's time with the Argos. While I don't have a lot of sympathy for Carter's never ending whining about some issue or other, I do believe Trestman did not use Carter effectively.

Star CFL receiver Duron Carter spent his time in Toronto trying to appease then-head coach Marc Trestman. It began by deleting his highly active Twitter account. ...

“I guess, essentially, that was pretty much the deal. I don’t particularly mind being off of social media, it’s not something I invest a lot in, so getting off and deleting it was nothing for me. If that made the team happy or coach Trestman happy, I’m all for doing it,” Carter said on the 3DownNation podcast (https://soundcloud.com/3downnation/duron-carter-special-edition).

“I was a free agent and coming off after the end of the season in Toronto I was contemplating if I wanted to keep on playing football. Not being able to say anything about what’s going on and everybody asking me questions and seeing articles written about me, it really is hard not to have a voice. I’m just sitting here going through the motions and everybody has all this speculation about me, so that’s why I came back, I gotta put a stop to all this stuff,” Carter said.

“Going through all the politics and jumping through a whole bunch of hoops and still having somebody trying to undermine you it was just really hard. I had never been in a place like that before and every time I went to a team in the CFL, since my rookie year, I’ve been doing great and me being on the field and not producing put me in a place I’d never been in, it was very uncomfortable,” Carter said.

During eight games to end the season in double blue, Carter caught 10 balls for 119 yards and one touchdown while returning 12 punts for 49 yards, three kick-offs for 48 yards and three missed field goals for 61 yards. The Argos went 1-7 while Carter was wearing an Argos jersey.
“Coach Trestman, he had a great coaching staff, but we weren’t winning and me coming in and being the type of player that I am, that particularly coach Trestman wouldn’t have signed if they were winning, it caused strain on how people reacted to me being in there,” Carter said. “It wasn’t a problem on the team, I loved my teammates. I had S.J. Green there, I had Armanti Edwards, I had some of the best teammates in the world, I had Bear Woods, some of the old guys I had in Montreal. We just couldn’t get the chemistry going for me to be productive.” ...

“When I had to abide by how somebody else wants me to be, I can’t be me, I can’t be the same player that you expect, I can’t do all the exciting stuff and all the energetic stuff I do without any energy,” Carter said. “That was my main problem in Toronto was just trying to get into being me and also abide by how they wanted me to be.”

https://3downnation.com/2019/04/17/duron-carter-believes-marc-trestman-undermined-him-while-in-toronto/

Argofan_1000
04-19-2019, 11:33 AM
In his latest controversy, Duron Carter now says that Marc Trestman undermined during Carter's time with the Argos. While I don't have a lot of sympathy for Carter's never ending whining about some issue or other, I do believe Trestman did not use Carter effectively.

https://3downnation.com/2019/04/17/duron-carter-believes-marc-trestman-undermined-him-while-in-toronto/

I have to agree with Carter on this. The league needs guys like this, he creates excitement and has a Leo Cahill/ Ballard mouth. It's great for the league and the team who has him. When he made that 1 handed catch in Sask, that news went everywhere.

Trestman has a hard head and is stubborn, he did what he wanted and we had a lousy season. Cost him his job i think.

Argo57
04-19-2019, 12:24 PM
I have to agree with Carter on this. The league needs guys like this, he creates excitement and has a Leo Cahill/ Ballard mouth. It's great for the league and the team who has him. When he made that 1 handed catch in Sask, that news went everywhere.

Trestman has a hard head and is stubborn, he did what he wanted and we had a lousy season. Cost him his job i think.

Carter’s routine has cost him his job with 3 teams, he has the talent but not worth the headache.
His body language during Argo games was atrocious last season, a “professional” gives his all for his team when on the field, Carter displayed none of that in Toronto.

AngeloV
04-19-2019, 03:24 PM
Love or hate Duron Carter, you can't argue with his viewpoint. It was pretty obvious that Trestman wanted no part of him last season.

argonaut11xx
04-19-2019, 07:49 PM
i'd rather listen to myself FART, than listen to anything that DC says

AngeloV
04-20-2019, 01:32 PM
i'd rather listen to myself FART, than listen to anything that DC says

I have a completely different viewpoint. I was a fan before and remain a fan now.

argonaut11xx
04-20-2019, 02:39 PM
I have a completely different viewpoint. I was a fan before and remain a fan now.

I do think your correct that Trestman wanted nothing to do with DC. He is obviously a top notch talent, IF he is committed. The problem i see with DC is that his commitment can be from play to play. Just too much self centered for my liking.

Hopefully out here on the left coast he and his lifestyle will have a "rebirth", I personally don't like him, but he can be an attraction to the fans I suppose.

Being an Argofan is BC sucks

Neely2005
04-25-2019, 11:00 AM
Hard to be upset with DC here. He came in and seemed to do everything that he was asked to do and still wasn't given a fair chance by Trestman.

doubleblue
04-25-2019, 04:51 PM
I agree with Duran on this one. IMO he was signed with the hope there would be some tickets sold, especially if he connected for some exciting home run TD's.
I think this was confirmed when Marc Trestman received a call at 2:00 am with the news his services were no longer required. You don't show up the Boss.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8