PDA

View Full Version : Kackert on ball security and the challenge of being an import backup

Wobbler
06-08-2012, 12:12 AM
This article by Rory Barrs (http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/07/backup-tailback-chad-kackert-makes-himself-useful-to-argonauts/) touches on all of the issues we've discussed here about Kackert. As Angelo reminded us recently, ball handling was an issue with him last season; not only does he acknowledge the fact, he mentions that he has changed to a new grip.

It remains to be seen whether he'll even make the roster, of course, but he seems to be trying very hard to do so.

AngeloV
06-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Hopefully he can take care of that problem. I like him a lot, and if he can secure the ball, he can be a very effective player.

CptArcher
06-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Let's keep this in perspective. He fumbled 3 times last season.

jerrym
06-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I like his running style and the fact that it is completely different from Boyd's, thereby forcing the defence to make adjustments, which often leads to defensive breakdowns.

AngeloV
06-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Let's keep this in perspective. He fumbled 3 times last season.

No, he LOST 3 fumbles last year. He actually fumbled at least a couple of more times in which fortunate bounces resulted in no turnovers. By Comparison, Boyd had about 4 times the amount of touches and only fumbled twice.

1argoholic
06-09-2012, 01:58 AM
It's something that can be worked on. Owens had a few as well. I don't think Milanovich will tolerate a fumble bumpkin.

ArgoZ
06-09-2012, 09:58 AM
It's something that can be worked on. Owens had a few as well. I don't think Milanovich will tolerate a fumble bumpkin.

Milanovich has been preaching ball security all camp. In one of his interviews, he mentions that it is a top priority. Anyone that fumbles in these next 2 games, could be playing themselves off the team. Kackart has that ability to make huge plays. I really like him. His rep as a fumbler is going to challenge and test him. I really believe he can`t fumble once this pre-season, which any player can easily do. Now that he`s working on a new grip and everyone is talking about it and going to be watching, the pressure is sure on.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8