PDA

View Full Version : SJ, Edwards and Wilder

mchesher03
06-27-2019, 08:43 AM
From Frank's recent article - to me, this is a terrible look. I'd be surprised if it wasn't more players and I get it's just the icing on the cake of an otherwise bad game - but I didn't catch this on Saturday either. Regardless, not overly thrilled that some of our team's leaders acted like this. Another learning opportunity i guess!

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts/chamblin-wants-players-to-remember-the-pain-of-a-50-point-loss

"There’s no defence for the way the Argos ushered in their season opener, no defence for the way S.J. Green, Armanti Edwards and James Wilder Jr. left the field before the final whistle was blown just as the visiting Ticats were putting the final touches on their blow-out win."

RB957
06-27-2019, 06:00 PM
Who knows? Maybe they were waiting at the entrance to the team's locker room to give each and every player a mouthful for such a bad performance. I agree it doesn't look good, but imagine how embarassed a true pro like S J Green must have felt by the end of the game? Like having received a big wedgie in front of all your friends by the school bully.

Argo57
06-27-2019, 07:40 PM
Yes, only 1 game but a couple of red flags already.
Perceived lack of compete displayed in the second half against Hamilton then this situation with three of the teams more prominent players, maybe nothing to worry about or something to keep an eye on as the season goes on.

allantats
06-27-2019, 08:14 PM
Ha ha. I left long before the final whistle as well.

argolio
06-27-2019, 09:51 PM
There's no defence for the writing/editing of that story.

KCargosfan
06-28-2019, 05:57 AM
There's no defence for the writing/editing of that story.

Agreed. For a major metro paper, that wasn't great. Maybe Frank Z just had to get something out real quick and was dead tired?

ArgoGabe22
06-28-2019, 03:27 PM
Non issue. I thought it was during the actual game. They just rushed in before the final whistle was blown. You don't have to shake hands with your opponents.

paulwoods13
06-28-2019, 05:06 PM
I saw SJ and Armanti head straight for the room, didn't notice Wilder. I wasn't watching too closely, but I thought it was as soon as final gun sounded.

Argo57
06-28-2019, 06:44 PM
Non issue. I thought it was during the actual game. They just rushed in before the final whistle was blown. You don't have to shake hands with your opponents.

If that’s the case don’t blame them, pretty humbling experience and wake up call.

ArgoRavi
06-29-2019, 12:43 PM
I honestly can't blame these players for being angry about this loss.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8