PDA

View Full Version : Pinball and Ferrone Celebrity Soccer Game

argofandave
06-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I saw an ad in the Oakville paper for a celebrity soccer game featuring Pinball Clemons and Dan Ferrone. It's being held on Thursday July 5th at 7pm at Bronte Athletic Field in west Oakville which is located on the north side of Lakeshore Road (and south of Hixon Street) between Bronte Road and Third Line. Tickets are only $10 each but there isn't any parking available there. For more information, please go to www.oakvillesoccer.ca (http://www.oakvillesoccer.ca)

1argoholic
06-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Would be fun to see those to attempt to play.

argofandave
06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I played high school football in Oakville with Dan Ferrone and I know that he played on the school basketball and soccer teams as well. Dan tied for male athlete of the year with Tom Heslip during their last year of high school. Tom became a basketball star at the University of Guelph and Tom's son Brady Heslip was in the news a few months ago because he plays basketball for Baylor University and was in this year's March Madness.

1argoholic
06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Is Ferrone still in politics? Wasn't he in municiple politics?

argofandave
06-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I remember him running federally once about 10-15 years ago but he didn't win. He was in charge of the CFLPA for several years and ran the PA out of Ferrone Fitness, the fitness studio in Oakville he used to own.

argofandave
07-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Damon Allen and Mike Vanderjagt will also be there.

argofandave
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Game tonight!

argomANIA
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Damon Allen and Mike Vanderjagt will also be there.

Gah, wish I could go...I love Vandy!

argofandave
07-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Vandy was there and played goal on the same team as Damon. Pinball and Ferrone were on the other team. Pinball still has the moves and Damon still has those long strides. Ferrone didn't play much and when he was on the field, he didn't move much. The game didn't seem that well promoted which meant that there weren't many spectators there so I don't know how much money they made. I live in Milton and only found out about the game when I was visiting my father in Oakville and saw an ad for it in the Oakville newspaper. They had an autograph session after the game but it seemed mostly for the kids so I didn't bother staying for it. It did seem weird to see Pinball signing a soccer ball.

Will
07-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Vandy was there and played goal on the same team as Damon. Pinball and Ferrone were on the other team. Pinball still has the moves and Damon still has those long strides. Ferrone didn't play much and when he was on the field, he didn't move much. The game didn't seem that well promoted which meant that there weren't many spectators there so I don't know how much money they made. I live in Milton and only found out about the game when I was visiting my father in Oakville and saw an ad for it in the Oakville newspaper. They had an autograph session after the game but it seemed mostly for the kids so I didn't bother staying for it. It did seem weird to see Pinball signing a soccer ball.

To be fair Ferrone did play G.

D-Gap-Willie
07-08-2012, 02:07 AM
I find it sad that Pinball and Ferrone are the headliners in a 'soccer' game. Do they not know how to play flag football ?

argofandave
07-09-2012, 11:53 AM
This celebrity soccer game was put together as a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the founding of the Oakville Soccer Club. Money raised from it was donated to the "Fee Assistance Program" which helps remove financial barriers for all kids in Oakville to have the opportunity to participate in soccer. Most of the celebrities there have a soccer background. They included Kara Lang, Jason de Vos, Kristian Jack, Rohan Ricketts, Clare Rustad, Luke Wileman, among others. The 4 former CFL players who played in this game all have Oakville connections but none of them were the headliners.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8