PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brown

mchesher03
07-07-2019, 07:17 AM
If Zach Medeiros takes our field goal kicks and kick offs we win that game yesterday. Why are the Argos using an international spot on a lousy kicker? brown has missed 2 very straightforward kicks at BMO Field already and his late kick off put our defence in an unnecessary hole. Not impressed here.

CFLfan
07-07-2019, 08:50 AM
If Zach Medeiros takes our field goal kicks and kick offs we win that game yesterday. Why are the Argos using an international spot on a lousy kicker? brown has missed 2 very straightforward kicks at BMO Field already and his late kick off put our defence in an unnecessary hole. Not impressed here.

Always easy to blame the kicker. But if other players had done their job he might not have been in that position. What about the holder??
Who told him to squib the kick after the TD? why didn't the coach tell him to kick it deep?
When a defensive player misses a tackle or a receiver drops a pass do we call them out?

paulwoods13
07-07-2019, 08:53 AM
When a defensive player misses a tackle or a receiver drops a pass do we call them out?

Have you ever read this forum after a loss?

ArgoZ
07-07-2019, 09:09 AM
The short kickoff is puzzling. I watched it on replay over and over. It sure looks like he purposely does it. The coach was very clear post game that is was a miss hit. So what is it? Miss hit in communication? Even though that was a stupid play, that is when you will see it done. I was infuriated at the time, it’s an American football strategy, not CFL. I’m convinced it was purposeful, and someone must be held responsible. How the heck do we have all these kickers, not one is good, and they are all combined cheaper than Hajrullahu? He was decent and a Cdn who could do it all.

Neely2005
07-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Time to give De La Haye a chance to play.

Joe Barnes
07-07-2019, 09:42 AM
The short kickoff is puzzling. I watched it on replay over and over. It sure looks like he purposely does it. The coach was very clear post game that is was a miss hit. So what is it? Miss hit in communication? Even though that was a stupid play, that is when you will see it done. I was infuriated at the time, it’s an American football strategy, not CFL. I’m convinced it was purposeful, and someone must be held responsible. How the heck do we have all these kickers, not one is good, and they are all combined cheaper than Hajrullahu? He was decent and a Cdn who could do it all.

Yeah, Lirim wasn't the greatest kicker ever, but was way better than this bunch. We lost a couple of games last year due to bad kicking, yet all of these new guys are back. As you say, there is no way this 'kicking by committee' approach, even if it was working, is cheaper than paying one guy. A head scratcher...

AngeloV
07-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Always easy to blame the kicker. But if other players had done their job he might not have been in that position. What about the holder??
Who told him to squib the kick after the TD? why didn't the coach tell him to kick it deep?

You’re an idiot. That is all.

AngeloV
07-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Time to give De La Haye a chance to play.

I don’t think he’s the answer. As I said earlier, I would have no objections to dressing him and letting him handle kickoffs (as his videos show, he’s a great athlete) but I would give Medeiros the punting and FG duties.

mchesher03
07-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Is letting a practice roster guy trek off in mid season really fair to the other guys? I don’t see it unless he relinquished his spot which doesn’t appear to be the case.

Neely2005
07-07-2019, 11:22 AM
I don’t think he’s the answer. As I said earlier, I would have no objections to dressing him and letting him handle kickoffs (as his videos show, he’s a great athlete) but I would give Medeiros the punting and FG duties.

Definitely need to try something.

Neely2005
07-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Is letting a practice roster guy trek off in mid season really fair to the other guys? I don’t see it unless he relinquished his spot which doesn’t appear to be the case.

Depends on the reason. Does anyone have any details? For all we know he could have an illness in the family.

paulwoods13
07-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Depends on the reason. Does anyone have any details? For all we know he could have an illness in the family.

His Twitter feed said he was going to Paris, no reason given. I can't be bothered to check his YouTube feed but perhaps someone who has done so can say if there is anything there that would shed light on it.

gilthethrill
07-07-2019, 11:57 AM
Crapigna, who possess an 85.6% success rate in FGs....a Canadian....was released after TC. The only reason I can come up with is he lost some effectiveness after his leg injury. Drew Brown is not the same Drew Brown who went 10 for 11 down the stretch last season. The kicking game had better be addressed before Friday night.

gilthethrill
07-07-2019, 11:57 AM

Because Paris is lovely this time of year?

1971GreyCup
07-07-2019, 12:01 PM

He’s tweeting out of a suite at the USA Woman’s World Cup Final.

AngeloV
07-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Time to end this PR stunt. This is ridiculous.

Stevoman
07-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Yes, according to his instagram, he went to watch the women's world cup. Some comments from his followers asked him why he wasn't at the Argos game and he said that he was on the practice roster, implying he wasn't required to be there.

Argo57
07-07-2019, 06:00 PM
This is a joke TBH, makes both himself and the team look ridiculous.
If he was truly committed to honing his skills and advancing his football career he would be working his ass of at Argo practice.
I actually think he is using his pro football schtick for more followers on social media.

argolio
07-07-2019, 06:08 PM
It's a huge joke. Just proves this is nothing more than a P.R. exercise.

mchesher03
07-07-2019, 06:40 PM
So there are other guys practicing and grinding on the practice roster for their shot while he vacations? Cut or suspend him - not fair to the guys putting in their time and worse, casts a bad light on the team

Neely2005
07-08-2019, 09:35 AM

That's disappointing.

Neely2005
07-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Time to end this PR stunt. This is ridiculous.

I still have to disagree. The Argonauts need all the publicity and attention that they can get.

Neely2005
07-08-2019, 09:38 AM
So there are other guys practicing and grinding on the practice roster for their shot while he vacations? Cut or suspend him - not fair to the guys putting in their time and worse, casts a bad light on the team

Why would he be suspended? Wouldn't he have to notify/get permission from the team before he went?

Wobbler
07-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Indeed. I don't think this is a big deal.

mchesher03
07-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Why would he be suspended? Wouldn't he have to notify/get permission from the team before he went?

let's assume he got permission, the team said it was all fine and we'll all carry on. I'm still of the opinion that permission or not, it's unfair to the other guys on the practice roster.

matthew
07-08-2019, 12:15 PM
I would guess that he is not agonizing over the few hundred new followers his Argos career would net him is not top of mind when he's in the millions already.

That aside, he should be with team.

Some of you think this is a PR stunt. Well think about if the team was doing well and some of his existing followers tuned in. They might see an exciting team that they'd want to follow or even, dare I say it, go to the stadium to watch in person. Then its a good PR play. We may have gotten a few extra people out to stadium. Looks like we need them based on the TV cams from weekend.

This team is blowing it on so many levels and and wasting opportunities. You see this manfiest itself on feelings expressed on this site from the likes of RJ etc, no kids lunch bags for the Family Day game (how much heads up does a team need that that game is on the sched and to be ready for it when the day comes?). Yeesh.

This is a joke TBH, makes both himself and the team look ridiculous.
If he was truly committed to honing his skills and advancing his football career he would be working his ass of at Argo practice.
I actually think he is using his pro football schtick for more followers on social media.

gilthethrill
07-08-2019, 05:58 PM
The logical move after Brown's bad game would be to promote De La Haye from the PR ...oh wait, I forgot he is on vacation.

ArgoZ
07-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Just checked Twitter. Brown falls on the sword and is released. Crapigna, the accurate kicker, signed.

gilthethrill
07-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Just checked Twitter. Brown falls on the sword and is released. Crapigna, the accurate kicker, signed.

Crapigna is back???? Plucked from Montreal PR? That means he has to dress Friday. Now cut You Tube guy!

AngeloV
07-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Crapigna/Medeiros should have been the combination from the get go. Please let Medeiros handle the kickoffs.

mchesher03
07-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Agree with Angelo - no clue why this wasn’t the case from the get go. Water under the bridge though - now to start winning some special teams battles.

Ryan52
07-09-2019, 12:26 PM
If the team had a problem with how DLH spends his time, he wouldnt be on the practice roster. Im not really sure why they are okay with him being on vacation, but they must be

7dj83r8f78t4alf8