PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton at Montreal Saturday July 20th

jerrym
07-20-2019, 01:47 AM
I am still skeptical about Montreal's two recent wins in terms of the team's talent level going forward, so I'll pick Edmonton.

1971GreyCup
07-20-2019, 06:44 PM
When did rain/storm delays start? I’ve watched football for five decades and only recently did this start happening. Was there a tragedy that changed the way storms are treated in the game?

gilthethrill
07-20-2019, 07:36 PM
When did rain/storm delays start? I’ve watched football for five decades and only recently did this start happening. Was there a tragedy that changed the way storms are treated in the game?

First one I recalled was a USFL game in Tampa Bay...home of the Bandits.

Wobbler
07-20-2019, 07:37 PM
It's lightning, specifically. Standing in the middle of an open field during an electrical storm is a very bad idea.

bannedforlife
07-20-2019, 07:40 PM
The Als are back baby! There's a definite spark, a confidence, next stop, sale. Thia is what I hope for the Argos, the Als have turned the corner, you can feel it.

jerrym
07-20-2019, 08:36 PM
The Als are back baby! There's a definite spark, a confidence, next stop, sale. Thia is what I hope for the Argos, the Als have turned the corner, you can feel it.

Yes! They definitely looked good today, especially the defence.

OV Argo
07-20-2019, 08:50 PM
Als have a good D (except for very average on the D-Line)

Adams is a very good young QB IMO (and should improve - if he learns to run more at the right times)

Stanback is a very solid RB

Some very promising signs in Montreal - be interesting to see them match=up against the Ticats later - the best teams in the East.

AngeloV
07-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Als have a good D (except for very average on the D-Line)

Adams is a very good young QB IMO (and should improve - if he learns to run more at the right times)

Stanback is a very solid RB

Some very promising signs in Montreal - be interesting to see them match=up against the Ticats later - the best teams in the East.

Not a bad time especially considering in your eyes an idiot was the architect of the team.

OV Argo
07-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Not a bad time especially considering in your eyes an idiot was the architect of the team.

You mean Mavis ? - why on earth fire that football genius for a team going in the right direction with 3 straight wins ?

gilthethrill
07-22-2019, 01:34 PM

Had Mike Sherman (Kavis Reed hire) not been let go before the regular season, I am not sure Montreal would have 3 wins.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8