PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Ray an Argonaut!!!

Oarsman
12-12-2011, 01:00 PM
An announcement pending -
Argonauts trade Grant Shaw, Stephen Jyles and 1st Rounder for Ricky Ray...
Announcement coming as early as tomorrow (Tuesday)

1argoholic
12-12-2011, 01:04 PM
What?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

Oarsman
12-12-2011, 01:09 PM
http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111212/edm_eskimos_111212/20111212/?hub=EdmontonHome

Here is the link:

Padre29
12-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Knew we had to do something at Qb and not just stick with Jyles.

Now, about those Wr's...

Will
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Not something I would've expected to hear because all of the talk was centered around Burris. Ricky Ray had a bounce-back year at 32 for the Eskimos and should be able to give the Argos a couple of good years. An Eskimo writer Terry Jones tweeted something about CFL BOG involvement in this deal, which will be sure to flare up the usual Toronto conspiracy theories.

1argoholic
12-12-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm sure that we weren't given any favours. Let the sour grape type comments start. I feel it comes down to Tillman not wanting to spend so much on Ray. This is right up there with when we got Flutie.

bluto
12-12-2011, 09:57 PM
this paves the way for Tillman to get 2 guys he's had a ****on for: Jyles and Fantuz.

as for us, it's a great statement of intent for 2012. Milanovich has a proven pivot to lead his offence and now just needs to bring back our O-Line and find a couple import receivers to add to our proven QB and RB and we might actually have an honest to goodness offence for the first time in seasons.

so... last season would you have traded 2 high draft picks and a backup kicker for Ricky Ray?

matchuk
12-13-2011, 10:08 PM
i am very happy about this deal...finally an established qb since allen

ArgoDave
12-15-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm sure that we weren't given any favours. Let the sour grape type comments start. I feel it comes down to Tillman not wanting to spend so much on Ray. This is right up there with when we got Flutie.

The whining and finger pointing some places is intense. I heard Eskfans.com had a shutdown. Bomber fans are already crying about the league helping Toronto. If Hamilton improves at Qb the Bombers may find themselves in the basement.

1argoholic
12-15-2011, 12:15 PM
To be honest ever since Grey Cup 91 while walking in the Grey Cup parade and being treated like crap by Bomber fans they are my most hated team followed by the Riders. Hamilton has moved up to third most hated. Actually hate is a strong word word. I really don't hate them. Dislike.

It doesn't matter what Toronto does they're all going to find a reason to dislike the Argos.

QBall
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM
i am very happy about this deal...finally an established qb since allen

What, you didn't like our previous system of Quarterback Roulette?

What's even better about this trade is people are talking about the Argos (and in a good way!) at a time when the Leafs rule the airwaves.

Ballstothewall
12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
To be honest ever since Grey Cup 91 while walking in the Grey Cup parade and being treated like crap by Bomber fans they are my most hated team followed by the Riders. Hamilton has moved up to third most hated. Actually hate is a strong word word. I really don't hate them. Dislike.

It doesn't matter what Toronto does they're all going to find a reason to dislike the Argos.

Mark, everyone Poo's, that is just a fact. You can try to eat all the cheese you want, but eventually your going to Poo, end of story. So lets not discuss this again

1argoholic
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Some get way too bogged up from eating too many slabs of red meat at Argo players retirement parties. haha. I remember Dave eating a ton of roast beef at the Pinball/Masotti retirement party.

matchuk
12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
What, you didn't like our previous system of Quarterback Roulette?

What's even better about this trade is people are talking about the Argos (and in a good way!) at a time when the Leafs rule the airwaves.

hahaha, yeah it was great!

i agree...glad to see the argos on tsn in the middle of winter

Will
12-19-2011, 10:17 AM
hahaha, yeah it was great!

i agree...glad to see the argos on tsn in the middle of winter

It's actually the period between Grey Cup and February when free agency starts that is already dead, which makes this announcement even better! Although, barring any big moves by any CFL team, it should be quiet in January.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8