PDA

View Full Version : Happy Terry Greer Day!

Mike Hogan
08-09-2019, 11:14 AM
The receiver will be inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame Friday night.

Here's an article from the day it was announced he was finally getting that recognition.

He's certainly on my Mount Rushmore of the best Argo players in the almost 50 years I've been a fan.

https://www.argonauts.ca/2019/04/24/terry-greer-finally-kid-hall/

paulwoods13
08-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Greatest Argo receiver ever (and that's an excellent group that also includes D.K. Smith, Mookie Mitchell, Paul Masotti, Paul Pearson and more recently S.J. Green). Congrats to #10 for his induction!

Shatto
08-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Agree that he was the very best. The opposition knew the ball was going to him and would put double coverage on him and he still was able to get the ball. There have been many great Argo receivers but he was the best I have ever seen.

Antwon
08-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Yep one of the best! My earliest memories of the Argos are Holloway to Greer!!

jerrym
08-09-2019, 02:02 PM
“What do you mean he’s not in the Hall?” in your article sums it all up. Should have happened decades ago. Thanks for the write-up Mike.

Will
08-09-2019, 03:24 PM
While not as prominent a name, former Argo David Williams will also be inducted in addition to Terry Greer.

Williams was acquired during the 1991 season and formed perhaps the best starting 5 the Argos have ever had at that position: Rocket, DK, Pinball, Masotti and Williams.

--

Terry Greer's 1983 season was in 16 games! To my knowledge, no NFL receiver has ever achieved the 2,000-yard barrier and Allen Pitts and Derrell Mitchell (as remarkable as Mookie's 98 was) was done in an 18 game season.

AngeloV
08-09-2019, 04:56 PM
Agree that he was the very best. The opposition knew the ball was going to him and would put double coverage on him and he still was able to get the ball. There have been many great Argo receivers but he was the best I have ever seen.

Agreed. People seem to overuse the double coverage term these days as a DB drifts to the ball, and sometimes you will see 2 or 3 DB's in the area where the ball is. I used to closely watch Greer when he was here, and teams would line up 2 db's on him with and under and over cover guy a lot. Crazy that he was able to produce the way he did with that type of attention.

Argo57
08-09-2019, 10:06 PM
Greer is the best Argo receiver that I’ve ever watched, stunning that it took so long for him to get in.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8