View Full Version : Game Thread: BC at Hamilton Saturday, August 10th

jerrym
08-09-2019, 01:51 PM
BC is still having major problems, so I'll go with Hamilton.

Will
08-09-2019, 03:27 PM
I would tend to agree with Jerry. While you'd think that Mike Reilly would have to breakout eventually, the Lions' OL will get him eaten alive by that strong Ticat front four.

gilthethrill
08-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Hamilton escaped with 2 points last night. 2 4th quarter ints by Reilly and a missed blocking in the back call that allowed Frankie Williams to return a punt 57 yards and Odell Willis getting held on Evans game winning TD pass were the difference. Hamilton may be the worst 6-2 team in recent memory.

Argo57
08-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Hamilton escaped with 2 points last night. 2 4th quarter ints by Reilly and a missed blocking in the back call that allowed Frankie Williams to return a punt 57 yards and Odell Willis getting held on Evans game winning TD pass were the difference. Hamilton may be the worst 6-2 team in recent memory.

That game was a total annoyance TBH, the block on Williams return was so obvious it was comical.

gilthethrill
08-11-2019, 09:24 AM
That game was a total annoyance TBH, the block on Williams return was so obvious it was comical.

Lots of flags on both sides.

Will
08-11-2019, 10:03 AM
A very slow pace to the game because of all the penalties. Arguably the second or third game that the Ticats have won this year on the back of their special teams.

Five out of their eight games this year have been at home so far, and I am curious to see how they do once they have to start going on the road a little bit with Masoli out.

Argo57
08-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Lots of flags on both sides.

Don’t mind the flags on Hamilton.
In truth the stupid number of penalty flags kills the flow of a game, seems the CFL braintrust hasn’t figured this out.

AngeloV
08-11-2019, 09:41 PM
To me, this loss is 100% on Mike Reilly. Game was well in hand with a 2 score lead midway through the 4th. Hamilton had done nothing on offence since the opening drive. Why a veteran QB would make a dumb decision and throw a low percentage pass over the middle is beyond me. A momentum changing turnover was the only way Hamilton was winning this game and Reilly gave them the opportunity.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8