PDA

View Full Version : DJ Sackey

Jon Gonzo
08-20-2019, 11:51 AM
Not sure he deserves his own thread? But he has been discussed often enough following his draft year, along with Jamal Campbell.

Mark this pick down as a miss.

DJ Sackey is an Argo no more.

Just plucked by the Redblacks today

paulwoods13
08-20-2019, 12:08 PM
Funny, I had just been thinking it was time to declare him a bust. Three and a half years in, barely able to dress as a backup, most of the time in civvies. If you aren't capable of starting after three to four years, and have no role to play on special teams, there's little point keeping you around.

The fact the Argos apparently used Gaydosh at o-line in yesterday's practice indicates they are realizing their o-line depth is poor.

I still have hopes for Jamal Campbell, who was drafted after Sackey that same year, but the clock is ticking with him as well.

The 2016 draft will be a millstone for Jim Barker. Could have had Singleton, Loffler and Brescacin, among others, when we instead took Brian Jones and D.J. Sackey. We did get Cross and Noel in the fourth round, though.

Jon Gonzo
08-20-2019, 01:38 PM
Funny, I had just been thinking it was time to declare him a bust. Three and a half years in, barely able to dress as a backup, most of the time in civvies. If you aren't capable of starting after three to four years, and have no role to play on special teams, there's little point keeping you around.

The fact the Argos apparently used Gaydosh at o-line in yesterday's practice indicates they are realizing their o-line depth is poor.

I still have hopes for Jamal Campbell, who was drafted after Sackey that same year, but the clock is ticking with him as well.

The 2016 draft will be a millstone for Jim Barker. Could have had Singleton, Loffler and Brescacin, among others, when we instead took Brian Jones and D.J. Sackey. We did get Cross and Noel in the fourth round, though.

Totally agree.

It was time to cut bait.

Speaking of O.Lineman; Ottawa needs a QB pretty bad and the pressure is up in the Nation's Capital. They feel they need to do something, and they want a pivot. He's on the 6-gamer and has struggled this year. I wonder if the Argos could pry Jason Lauzon-Seguin away from Ottawa and have him play RT (in place of an American) later on this season and into next?

doubleblue
08-20-2019, 02:34 PM
Totally agree.

It was time to cut bait.

Speaking of O.Lineman; Ottawa needs a QB pretty bad and the pressure is up in the Nation's Capital. They feel they need to do something, and they want a pivot. He's on the 6-gamer and has struggled this year. I wonder if the Argos could pry Jason Lauzon-Seguin away from Ottawa and have him play RT (in place of an American) later on this season and into next?

Lauzon-Sequin was the guy Barker should have drafted instead of Jones and Noel 2nd instead of Sackey. He got lucky Noel was still there in the 4th, along with Cross. Wasn't that the year he also took Woodson in the later rounds? So it wasn't all bad.

paulwoods13
08-20-2019, 03:47 PM
Lauzon-Sequin was the guy Barker should have drafted instead of Jones and Noel 2nd instead of Sackey. He got lucky Noel was still there in the 4th, along with Cross. Wasn't that the year he also took Woodson in the later rounds? So it wasn't all bad.

I'm glad we got Noel in the fourth, but it seems pretty clear to me that we should have taken Loffler, not Noel, in the second round. He's a more impactful player than Noel has been to date. And as down as I am on what Barker did in the early rounds of that draft, I'm not inclined to criticize him for getting good players in later rounds (by saying he should have taken them sooner). At least he got them when they were available.

Argo57
08-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Pretty sure Milanovich claimed he was getting messages from other organizations congratulating the Argos on getting the potential steal of that draft (Sackey).
Turns our not so much, hindsight but Barker missed early and often in that draft.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8