PDA

View Full Version : Should a QB's success be measured in wins/loses ?

argonaut11xx
09-06-2019, 06:54 PM
This has been discussed in a few different threads.

"That's how a quarterback is measured, wins"

"I think at this point wins is the way a quarterback should be measured"

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/despite-lack-of-success-argos-are-confident-they-ll-break-through~1772866

I tend to agree with the direct quotes from MBT himself, in the above TSN interview.

He seems likable enough, and there are many many other issues, but i agree with him thats wins are most important, and Championships also.

(you cant get a championship without wins)

gilthethrill
09-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Then Dom Davis (3 wins) is better than Mike Reilly (1 win). Whoever trotted out the qb "won loss record" is over thinking and trying to compare football to baseball. Team sport not just on the qb.

argonaut11xx
09-07-2019, 01:40 AM
Then Dom Davis (3 wins) is better than Mike Reilly (1 win). Whoever trotted out the qb "won loss record" is over thinking and trying to compare football to baseball. Team sport not just on the qb.

career record? hardly

gilthethrill
09-07-2019, 06:30 AM
career record? hardly

But this season, despite throwing for 5 TDs against 14 Ints, has Davis been the better qb? I say not.

Al&Kat
09-07-2019, 04:25 PM
My Dad always told me that statistics are for losers...
My vote is for the opinion that Wins are the true measuring stick.

gilthethrill
09-07-2019, 04:35 PM

Another old saying is "You are only as good as your teamates".

paulwoods13
09-07-2019, 07:35 PM
No.

AngeloV
09-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Ricky Ray may have had a record under .500 in his Argos career starts, so I say it is absolutely not how you determine if a QB is or isn’t a great QB. With offence only being a third of the game up here, it is a flawed theory. In the case of MBT, I guess it’s his fault the Argos secondary get torched week in and week out. With ANY key stops on D over the last 5 games, the Argos should have won all 5 games based on the production he has given them.

His quotes about the record is what a true leader does. He takes the blame for their record, even though in reality he is the least of the problems.

Blue90
09-08-2019, 10:46 PM

Your Dad is a very smart man.

Who cares how many yards passing, or completion percentage. What you want is a win.

AngeloV
09-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Your Dad is a very smart man.

Who cares how many yards passing, or completion percentage. What you want is a win.

Because 1 player can make that happen when there are 12 vs 12 on the field at all times. 👌

7dj83r8f78t4alf8