PDA

View Full Version : Als / Bombers ex. game and ex. game trends

OV Argo
06-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Followed the Als-Bummers game tonight on the CFL gametracker site:

Bombers had some decent offence - using mostly their experienced back-up QBs Brink & Elliott - had some decent passing going. Als were pretty impotent on offence - McPherson did nothing; Nieswander got a lot of the playing time at QB and then some new import QB got quite a bit of playing time and went 5 for 10 for all of 36 yards and an INT; ZERO playing time for the Canadian QBs Quinlan and Graves (who did get in to punt some) - gee, what a shocker there. Als not playing any of their big offensive weapons like Green & Richardson of offence.

Interesting that the Ticats and Argos played all their QBs last night; Collaros was impressive IMO and so was LeFevour for the Ticats (always thought he had the makings of a CFL QB from the bit i saw him play at C-Michigan); and Ticats draft pick receiver Charbonneau-Campeau had a couple of grabs including a TD - he's in tough IMO there behind NI receiver talent like Fantuz, Stala and Giguere; too bad the Argos thought nothing of him to try and draft him in an area of need.

And the Lions went with a lot of starters in their drubbing of the Riders last night; but also 2nd string QB Reilly looked quite good IMO; I'll predict the Lions will be the CFL force this season and maybe up for a 16 win type season; lots of panic over at Riderfans. it seems.

Exhibition games often mean nothing for the regular season though and teams show different strategy or thinking in terms of ex. game roster deployment and showing their play-books and tendencies ?

ArgoRavi
06-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Just to let everyone know, Friday night's Edmonton/Calgary game will be on TSN2 at 9 pm. I look forward to seeing how former Argo QBs Kerry Joseph and Steven Jyles play.

backer@oldclarke
06-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Just to let everyone know, Friday night's Edmonton/Calgary game will be on TSN2 at 9 pm. I look forward to seeing how former Argo QBs Kerry Joseph and Steven Jyles play.
Nichols gets the start, followed by Masoli; both will see good action. Jyles/Joseph will not dress until the next game in Edmonton vs the Lions.

Argocister
06-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Being the CIS fan, I am looking forward to Sinopoli playing. Hopefully he does well, as its his spot for him to lose if not. Supposedly, he gets a quarter to himself.
Also checking up on Shaw and the kicker competition in Edmonton.

ArgoRavi
06-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Being the CIS fan, I am looking forward to Sinopoli playing. Hopefully he does well, as its his spot for him to lose if not. Supposedly, he gets a quarter to himself.
Also checking up on Shaw and the kicker competition in Edmonton.

Sinopoli may have saved his career tonight.

Argocister
06-16-2012, 06:59 AM
I hope so, Bo Mitchell was playing very well for the most part and definitely pushing for the spot. I'm not educated enough to know which QB would be kept in the 3rd spot but I'm hoping the fact Sinopoli i) improved his throwing accuracy and ii) showed good poise in the crunch will help him in the long run.
Shaw played well. I doubt the Eskies cut him. Is it feasible that if Shaw was released, the Argos could pick him up? Seems that would be strange seeing that he was part of the trade for Ray.

OV Argo
06-16-2012, 11:16 AM

Really? - could be i guess; but the Stamps already had a brand new, raw rookie QB in this game ahead of Sinopoli - who was with them all last year and has some sort of clue about the Canadian game; goes to show what they think of Sinopoli there maybe that he got demoted to 4th string in an instant over any new import QB they would bring in; but hey - at least he lasted all year on the roster as a 3rd stringer who never played a regular season down; if he lasts till close to the end of this TC that could tie Brannagan, sort of, as a NI QB who was on a CFL roster a year or so - definite signs of big change in the good ole CFL there. ;o)

But if Sinopoli gets cut by the Stamps, no doubt there will be several CFL teams excited to bring him in for a look, eh Ravi?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8