PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread:Toronto at Hamilton Saturday, November 2nd

jerrym
10-30-2019, 12:44 AM
The Tiger Cats are planning on resting some of their key players, including QB Dane Evans, making the odds somewhat better for the Argos, but I'd still give the edge to Cats at home.

ArgoZ
10-30-2019, 12:39 PM
The Tiger Cats are planning on resting some of their key players, including QB Dane Evans, making the odds somewhat better for the Argos, but I'd still give the edge to Cats at home.

There’s no reason to play any of their starters, however I expect a good portion to dress due to CFL salary rules, but only play as needed. I don’t know why the Argos are so hell bent on starting MBT. Prukop should start with MOC relieving. I’m glad to see both finding success, especially MOC, after hearing he should be protected. He can play, let’s see him handle Hamilton’s defence.

Argo57
10-30-2019, 04:04 PM
There’s no reason to play any of their starters, however I expect a good portion to dress due to CFL salary rules, but only play as needed. I don’t know why the Argos are so hell bent on starting MBT. Prukop should start with MOC relieving. I’m glad to see both finding success, especially MOC, after hearing he should be protected. He can play, let’s see him handle Hamilton’s defence.

I’m sure O’Connor and Prukop will see at least a quarter of action each, even a depleted Hamilton D will provide much more of a challenge than Ottawa did last weekend.

ArgoFan1
10-31-2019, 01:45 PM
I think Ticats starters will see some game time, since they have two weeks until their next game. They could be too rusty if they gave them three weeks off before a playoff game.

Shatto
10-31-2019, 05:57 PM
I truly hope MBT sees no action in this game. This is no reflection on him but rather based on the necessity of giving Prukop and O'Connor playing time for both reasons of experience and the need to evaluate them.

gilthethrill
10-31-2019, 06:22 PM
I truly hope MBT sees no action in this game. This is no reflection on him but rather based on the necessity of giving Prukop and O'Connor playing time for both reasons of experience and the need to evaluate them.

I hope he does play. I want to beat Hamilton and MBT is the qb that gives the team the best chance to win. Give the youngsters the 2nd half again.

doubleblue
10-31-2019, 08:55 PM

Yah I would like to see more of Prukop and O'Conner, especially Prukop who's going to be a free agent. If they don't know what they have in MBT by now they never will.

lazycro
11-01-2019, 10:16 AM
MBT is third on depth chart.
Looks like Prukop to start

paulwoods13
11-01-2019, 12:20 PM
We finish the year with 11 guys on the six-game IL and another eight on the one-game. I'd sure like to have seen more of Burks, Dowling, Coleman, Boateng, Mincy, Herdman-Reed and Awe this season.

Foxhound
11-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Beat them Cats! Here's hoping that newcomers A.J. Ouellette and Chandler Worthy have very big games!

:)

gilthethrill
11-01-2019, 01:06 PM
Beat them Cats! Here's hoping that newcomers A.J. Ouellette and Chandler Worthy have very big games!

:)

Worthy is sitting out due to an injury.

Mightygoose
11-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Prokup will start.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/01/prukop-start-argos-ticats/

The right call IMO. Hopefully O'Connor will see time in the 2nd half.

Skinny G
11-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Looks like the Ticats are trying to sell this game as a celebration of being the oldest CFL franchise???....Older than our Argos... looks like they must be "creative accountants" and bad ones at that!

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9673165-steve-milton-ticats-vs-argos-who-s-the-oldest-team-in-north-america-/?utm_source=twitter&source=thespec&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=&utm_campaign_id=&utm_content=#.XbyX2zhzyKI.twitter

ArgoZ
11-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Looks like the Ticats are trying to sell this game as a celebration of being the oldest CFL franchise???....Older than our Argos... looks like they must be "creative accountants" and bad ones at that!

If Hamilton changes their name back to Tigers, I have no problem calling them the oldest franchise. The Tiger-Cats (a made up word, which should be Tigers-Cats) formed in 1950.

Argo57
11-01-2019, 06:50 PM
If Hamilton changes their name back to Tigers, I have no problem calling them the oldest franchise. The Tiger-Cats (a made up word, which should be Tigers-Cats) formed in 1950.

Same premise in regards to how many Grey Cups the Hamilton Tiger Cats have actually won (8) but to try and keep up with the vaunted 17x World Champion Toronto Argonauts they have counted the combined championships of the Hamilton Tigers and the Hamilton Wildcats (15).

ArgoRavi
11-02-2019, 01:09 PM
We finish the year with 11 guys on the six-game IL and another eight on the one-game. I'd sure like to have seen more of Burks, Dowling, Coleman, Boateng, Mincy, Herdman-Reed and Awe this season.

Paul, I hope that Burks doesn't get lost in the off-season shuffle. He may be our best running back.

paulwoods13
11-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Paul, I hope that Burks doesn't get lost in the off-season shuffle. He may be our best running back.

I agree. Has great potential, in the right system. With Wilder likely going, we need to get Burks re-signed (assuming his contract is up at year-end).

argotom
11-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Great pic six.
Having said that, another major improvement for next year has to be the special team, with new punter and FG kickers.
Mediros and Crapigna have been unreliable at best.

jerrym
11-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Shaquille Richardson, who intercepted and scored the TD, was only signed October 15th after playing in the AAF. Hopefully this is sign of good late season recruiting that will pay off next year.

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Tic tac call on Richardson wipes out Darbys end zone pick...

jerrym
11-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Argo penalties fuel another opponent drive to the end zone.

doubleblue
11-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Prukop has developed stage fright all of a sudden. Holding onto the ball away too long.

argotom
11-02-2019, 07:51 PM
That was an awesome call from ST coach Jeff Reinbold on the trick punt.
Many similar plays all season.
We have to hire him.

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Prukop has developed stage fright all of a sudden. Holding onto the ball away too long.

Last week he was dubbed our saviour.

doubleblue
11-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Last week he was dubbed our saviour.

Lets just say the jury is still out.

argotom
11-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Wow, what poise in the pocket and awesome long throw for a TD by Prokup.

jerrym
11-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Prukop showed he has Flutiesque escapability in the first quarter but he didn't complete a pass either. Hopefully, he'll warm up as the game proceeds.

doubleblue
11-02-2019, 07:56 PM
I got one foot back on the band wagon. lol

jerrym
11-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Prukop ends his passing drought with a 75 yard TD pass!

jerrym
11-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Argos need a better FG kicker.

jerrym
11-02-2019, 08:28 PM
There should have been a penalty on Prukop's long pass to Edwards who was bumped. However, the Argos had poor clock management on the play and it almost cost them.

argotom
11-02-2019, 08:40 PM
There should have been a penalty on Prukop's long pass to Edwards who was bumped. However, the Argos had poor clock management on the play and it almost cost them.

I know it may have been the wrong call deep in your end with less then 30 seconds on the clock, but I like the kid's moxie in going for long on that 2nd down. Nice throw too.

jerrym
11-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Lots of mistakes on both sides but it's an entertaining game unlike quite a few this season.

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 08:45 PM
I don't know if I should be impressed with Hamilton's backup defensive line or depressed with our starting offensive line.Same with Hamilton's defensive line....

jerrym
11-02-2019, 08:58 PM
When the Cats make a mistake, the Argos are taking full advantage of it as on Darby's interception.

jerrym
11-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Good to see Armanti get his first 1,000 yard season after working so hard to get it all season.

jerrym
11-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Darby has another interception as he continues to read Moore extremely well.

Argo57
11-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Argos need a better FG kicker.

I would also add punter to that list.
Pfeffer is brutal at times.

Argo57
11-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Another horrible FG attempt.

jerrym
11-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Like I said earlier we need a FG kicker next year.

ArgoGabe22
11-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Another horrible FG attempt.

That was on the holder. Ball fell off of the puck.

Argo57
11-02-2019, 09:53 PM
That was on the holder. Ball fell off of the puck.

Didn't say it was on the kicker, sloppy special teams play.

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 10:00 PM
@#$%*&÷×!!!!!!!

Argo57
11-02-2019, 10:03 PM
A royal F**k Off to a miserable 2019 season.
Hopefully heads roll after this.

argotom
11-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Another disastrous season is mercifully over.

Skinny G
11-02-2019, 10:05 PM
We have to hire him.

Looked like a high tackle around the neck/head on the DB that originally caught the ball for us....

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 10:07 PM
We have to hire him.

Our ST were fooled on a consistent basis all season.

Shatto
11-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Again the D could not come up big when needed. Allowed Ham to march down the field in the last few minutes.

Lots of changes needed---almost too may to list.

On a positive note, O'Connor played well but looks as if he needs a couple of years of seasoning. Prukop's mobility makes him a more dangerous QB at this time. I hope we don't lose him as he could be another Fajardo in the making.

Skinny G
11-02-2019, 10:10 PM

Not sure if you were paying attention... but Crapigna wasn't playing today. Think we should get rid of our most stable kicker we've had in the last few years, who was kicking over 80%?

It was our backup kicker today. Plus a couple of those kicks looked like they were directly over the uprights... but they called them wide on us.

doubleblue
11-02-2019, 10:12 PM

A good Canadian kicker J.J. Molson at UCLA in the draft this year. Also another Canadian kicker at Minnesota is Michael Tarbutt. Both listed at 6' 190. Don't think they would spend their 2nd overall pick on a kicker but after that why not.

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Won the turnover battle 5 zip!!!! @#$%@!!!! David Watford????? @##$*(@!!!

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 10:18 PM
Not sure if you were paying attention... but Crapigna wasn't playing today. Think we should get rid of our most stable kicker we've had in the last few years, who was kicking over 80%?

It was our backup kicker today. Plus a couple of those kicks looked like they were directly over the uprights... but they called them wide on us.

I wondered about those kicks tonight too. Crapigna is very accurate but his long distance leg strength is questionable and needs to improve. If he kicks tonight Argos win, or they find another way to lose.

Argo57
11-02-2019, 10:28 PM
I wondered about those kicks tonight too. Crapigna is very accurate but his long distance leg strength is questionable and needs to improve. If he kicks tonight Argos win, or they find another way to lose.

Hopefully some serious training camp competition for both kicking positions next season.

ArgoGabe22
11-02-2019, 10:34 PM

I stepped out and saw Medeiros miss the PAT but came back to see Pfeffer miss. Was Medeiros injured or was just benched?

gilthethrill
11-02-2019, 10:40 PM
I stepped out and saw Medeiros miss the PAT but came back to see Pfeffer miss. Was Medeiros injured or was just benched?

Benched I believe....man I hate losing to those guys!

Argo57
11-02-2019, 10:48 PM
Benched I believe....man I hate losing to those guys!
Why, you didn’t like seeing a bunch of ex Argos celebrating the win?

paulwoods13
11-02-2019, 11:36 PM

Medeiros definitely thought both misses were makes. I couldn't tell from my vantage point.

argotom
11-02-2019, 11:36 PM
Crapigna has no distance, he had a chance a few games back against Montreal to tie the game and go into overtime but missed a 50 yard, in fact he was not even close as way too short.
We need a a complete change to include a new punter, FG and for kick off with much needed distance.

paulwoods13
11-02-2019, 11:39 PM
Aside from the elusiveness of Prukop and his one great deep pass, and O'Connor's poise, a bright spot was the oline play in the fourth quarter when Simba and Shane Richard's were in at guard. That was the best the line played all night. Maybe one or both of those guys will develop into eventual starters. Shaq Richardson and AldennDarby also had great games in the secondary, I hope we are able to get both guys back.

Bleeds Double Blue
11-02-2019, 11:53 PM
The Argonaut 2019 season is mercifully and officially over. Now it is pink slip time. Start passing them out, Pinball.

Will
11-03-2019, 08:59 AM
The game was a microcosm of the season.

AngeloV
11-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Fun game to watch. IMO, O’Connor was much more impressive and poised than Prukop. Prukop was able to pull of the big play to Smith, but wasn’t able to take advantage of some good field position starts. O’Connor seemed to start every drive deep in his own territory, and played with less experienced receivers. I was very impressed.

The IC penalty on Richardson taking away the pick by Darby was ridiculous. Very little contact and Moore wasn’t even looking at that side of the field. The league needs to allow the eye in the sky to pick of flags of this nature that have absolutely no impact on the play. Kim Murphy was an embarrassment again as he announced 2 separate Ti-Cats penalties as being against Toronto. I don’t expect officials to be perfect on flags, but identifying the right team is a must. Downright embarrassing to happen twice in a game.

Hopefully Gilchrest turns out healthy. He was by far their best player on D over the last third of the season.
Would love to see a secondary next season consisting of Richardson, Mincy, Woodson, Darby and Boateng, but with Darby at safety, I don’t see both Woodson and Boateng starting. Still there is talent in that group.

I was very impressed with Antigua ar MLB to end the season. Another player who was obviously miscast all season. It would allow for Awe to play WILL, with Herdman-Reed and Onyeka hopefully getting some reps and being possible future starters.

Gittens looks like a possible replacement to Ralph. Love Ralph, but they need more speed at that spot.

Great experience this season for Jamal Campbell and I think he performed quite well, improving with each start. If Shane Richards and Simba can get into starting spots, I would keep Bomben as a reliable veteran back up. But they need to get a stud at LT.

I’m not ready to give up on Pfeffer as a punter. He had his ups and downs, but overall was pretty good. With more pro games under his belt, he will get better. If Crapigna can work on his leg strength this off season (I remember when Brett Lauther had virtually no leg early in his career) then I think you keep him. Kickers that don’t miss from inside 45 are way better than erratic kickers that can hit from 60 IMO.

Not sure what the situation is, but I am not against bringing James Wilder back. There should be good competition in camp.

If SJ Green doesn’t return, and I would not be paying him the 200k he has made the last couple of years, I think Rodney Smith is ready to step in for him. Overall though, they need to improve the overall speed and quickness at receiver. I think it’s a given that Walker will not be back.

Not going to get into the QB debate. I know what I would do, but it’s irrelevant here.

And for the coaching staff, I am hoping that O’Shea is here and I hope he brings Buck Pierce with him as OC. I would gladly take Benevides as DC or should he get fired, Claybrooks.

Argo57
11-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Fun game to watch. IMO, O’Connor was much more impressive and poised than Prukop. Prukop was able to pull of the big play to Smith, but wasn’t able to take advantage of some good field position starts. O’Connor seemed to start every drive deep in his own territory, and played with less experienced receivers. I was very impressed.

The IC penalty on Richardson taking away the pick by Darby was ridiculous. Very little contact and Moore wasn’t even looking at that side of the field. The league needs to allow the eye in the sky to pick of flags of this nature that have absolutely no impact on the play. Kim Murphy was an embarrassment again as he announced 2 separate Ti-Cats penalties as being against Toronto. I don’t expect officials to be perfect on flags, but identifying the right team is a must. Downright embarrassing to happen twice in a game.

Hopefully Gilchrest turns out healthy. He was by far their best player on D over the last third of the season.
Would love to see a secondary next season consisting of Richardson, Mincy, Woodson, Darby and Boateng, but with Darby at safety, I don’t see both Woodson and Boateng starting. Still there is talent in that group.

I was very impressed with Antigua ar MLB to end the season. Another player who was obviously miscast all season. It would allow for Awe to play WILL, with Herdman-Reed and Onyeka hopefully getting some reps and being possible future starters.

Gittens looks like a possible replacement to Ralph. Love Ralph, but they need more speed at that spot.

Great experience this season for Jamal Campbell and I think he performed quite well, improving with each start. If Shane Richards and Simba can get into starting spots, I would keep Bomben as a reliable veteran back up. But they need to get a stud at LT.

I’m not ready to give up on Pfeffer as a punter. He had his ups and downs, but overall was pretty good. With more pro games under his belt, he will get better. If Crapigna can work on his leg strength this off season (I remember when Brett Lauther had virtually no leg early in his career) then I think you keep him. Kickers that don’t miss from inside 45 are way better than erratic kickers that can hit from 60 IMO.

Not sure what the situation is, but I am not against bringing James Wilder back. There should be good competition in camp.

If SJ Green doesn’t return, and I would not be paying him the 200k he has made the last couple of years, I think Rodney Smith is ready to step in for him. Overall though, they need to improve the overall speed and quickness at receiver. I think it’s a given that Walker will not be back.

Not going to get into the QB debate. I know what I would do, but it’s irrelevant here.

And for the coaching staff, I am hoping that O’Shea is here and I hope he brings Buck Pierce with him as OC. I would gladly take Benevides as DC or should he get fired, Claybrooks.

Welcome back👍
O’Connor looked very good again last night.
Poised, good size and arm strength with enough mobility to escape pressure.

paulwoods13
11-03-2019, 02:14 PM

I also thought O'Connor looked sharp, but in defence of Prukop he was constantly under siege from a very aggressive and blitz-heavy Ticats defence. He showed a ton of elusiveness to escape pressure, but at least three times when he did so, he rolled to a side with three receivers, none of whom were even close to being open. How much of that is on the receivers, how much on Chapdelaine's schemes, how much on Prukop maybe rolling to the wrong side and how much on outstanding Ticats DBs, I don't know. O'Connor for the most part, had time to survey the field and find receivers. The two rookie guards, Simba and Richards, were in the game at that point, which bodes well altho I'm not going to read too much into a game against scrubs.

Argo57
11-03-2019, 02:20 PM
I also thought O'Connor looked sharp, but in defence of Prukop he was constantly under siege from a very aggressive and blitz-heavy Ticats defence. He showed a ton of elusiveness to escape pressure, but at least three times when he did so, he rolled to a side with three receivers, none of whom were even close to being open. How much of that is on the receivers, how much on Chapdelaine's schemes, how much on Prukop maybe rolling to the wrong side and how much on outstanding Ticats DBs, I don't know. O'Connor for the most part, had time to survey the field and find receivers. The two rookie guards, Simba and Richards, were in the game at that point, which bodes well altho I'm not going to read too much into a game against scrubs.

I was nice to see the young QB’s get some reps before the end of the season, valuable experience for both of them.
Hamilton “scrubs” still a better test than Ottawa was last weekend.
Unfortunately a long off season ahead.

ArgoZ
11-03-2019, 04:10 PM
O’Conner does not look like a 23 year old rookie playing the 3rd and 4th quarters of his career. Incredible presence and poise. Anyone who believed he should be kept on the sideline to not damage his confidence was completely wrong. He’s got a long way to go, but if he keeps progressing like we see, he’s a Starter in 2021. A missed opportunity not playing him more in the previous 3 games.

argolio
11-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Medeiros definitely thought both misses were makes. I couldn't tell from my vantage point.Both were very close. I thought the second one was good.

doubleblue
11-03-2019, 07:17 PM
O’Conner does not look like a 23 year old rookie playing the 3rd and 4th quarters of his career. Incredible presence and poise. Anyone who believed he should be kept on the sideline to not damage his confidence was completely wrong. He’s got a long way to go, but if he keeps progressing like we see, he’s a Starter in 2021. A missed opportunity not playing him more in the previous 3 games.

I think the time was right for him. He said himself it took him to game ten for things to start coming together for him. Can't rush young QB. Their performance will tell the Coaches where they're at in their development. But I agree he looked more poised last night than the week before.

paulwoods13
11-03-2019, 08:41 PM

I'm extremely high on MOC as well, but let's not forget that his action came against a beaten-down, terrible Ottawa team and a Hamilton team that was resting many of its key players on defence, and for whatever reason (Ticats sitting back, or maybe decent o-line play for a change) did not generate much of a pass rush against him. I agree he could be a starter by 2021 (and that he has a long way to go to get there). He certainly did nothing in his three quarters of action to dispel the notion that he has considerable potential to play in this league. I just want to resist the temptation to read too much into these past two games. In retrospect, it would indeed have been useful to see him a bit sooner than week 20 -- provided that he (and Prukop, for that matter) had been given sufficient prep time in practice. That not happening means that two truly meaningless games are all we have to go on (so far) in assessing his performance.

jerrym
11-03-2019, 11:09 PM
O'Connor and Prukop both impressed me. If Prukop can learn to read defences quickly, he could become an elite QB considering he has Flutiesque elusiveness. O'Connor played like he had much more experience and is ahead of Prukop in his poise and situation awareness IMO but needs further development.

Jon Gonzo
11-06-2019, 09:03 AM

Good summery. Agree with most, although I'd like to see SJ's hands back in the middle, but yes, it can't be for $200K. He's possession and clutch. His hands are as good they get. I look forward to any other exit strategy thoughts that any other Argo watchers have (since there's a lack of it in the media, it's up to us I guess). Primary focus in the OS; a proven LT, and 1-A/B starting QB, a speedy receiver who can go vertical, and a DE who forces the OC's to another tier of the Playbook.

Good coaching and 4 game changers, in my books, could have us considering a return to the Grey Cup, the way I see it.

Argo57
11-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Good summery. Agree with most, although I'd like to see SJ's hands back in the middle, but yes, it can't be for $200K. He's possession and clutch. His hands are as good as it gets. I look forward to any other exit strategy thoughts that any other Argo watchers have (since there's a lack of it in the media, it's up to us I guess). Primary focus in the OS; an proven LT, and 1-A/B starting QB, a speedy receiver who can go vertical, and a DE who forces the OC's to another tier of the Playbook.

Good coaching and 4 game changers, in my books, could have us considering a return to the Grey Cup, the way I see it.

Everything up in the air right now Gonzo.
HC and coaching staff needs to be resolved first, QB situation up in the air (Argos need to be careful) as other teams will be aggressively pursuing available QB’s.
O-Line needs an overhaul and upgrade (both pass protection and run blocking), who will be the running back(s) moving forward?
Armanti Edwards, SJ Green, Derel Walker all free agents, Argos need more speed at these positions so who (if any) of these guys will return and at what cost?
D-Line was fairly decent but could use an upgrade through training camp competition, linebacking was a mixed bag with injuries and all but overall not great IMO.
Defensive secondary play was very weak all season, Covington, Kanneh, Washington were beaten badly many times this season (seemed to be a lot of pre snap confusion which could indicate poor coaching)?
Unfortunately this off season will be very interesting for all the wrong reasons.

paulwoods13
11-06-2019, 11:59 AM
My personal wish list for next season, without spending any time considering potential FAs from other teams:

QB: keep O'Connor (of course); sign MBT (low-end starter's money with decent PT incentives), sign Prukop (pay increase to mid-range backup money); if healthy, sign Collaros (high-end backup money with decent PT incentives)

RB: sign/keep Burks and Ouelette; let Wilder and Rainey leave; may as well keep Sankey altho who knows what he might become

FB: sign/keep Cross and Cibasu

SB-WR: re-sign Green and Walker (but only with pay cuts); sign/keep Smith, Edwards and Worthy (at reasonable cost); sign/keep Noel and Gittens; sign at least 1 or 2 burner INTs to compete for spots; let Ralph and Charette leave assuming they are FAs

OL: re-sign McEwen and J Campbell (with pay increases to ensure they stay); sign 2 or 3 new INTs to compete at LT; sign/keep Simba and S. Richards and give them a real shot at the two guard spots; re-sign either Bomben or Holmes but with a pay cut; let the three current INTs leave

DL: Re-sign Laing at whatever cost; sign/keep Smith, Thomas and Coleman; re-sign Bishop, Beltre and Gaydosh only if the cost is reasonable; let Barry go. I have no idea what Opara is or might become so I suppose we could keep him as well

LB: Re-sign Awe and Gilchrist, with pay increases if necessary; re-sign/keep Herdman, Kwemo and Onyeka; re-sign Wild and Antigha but only with pay cuts; let Striker and Harrington leave; get Woods to retire but join the new coaching staff; Foggie is in same situation as Opara

DB: Sign/keep Richardson, Mincy, Darby, Ford, Boateng, Woodson and Dowling; let Kanneh, Fogg and Covington leave; re-sign Gabriel only with a pay cut; Glenn and Burrell join Opara, Foggie and Sankey in the who knows category

K: Re-sign Pfeffer, Medeiros and Crapigna, but no pay increases to any of them; draft best dual-threat kicker available and sign at least two INTs to compete as well

LS: Re-sign Reinhart, and Spaziani for depth

paulwoods13
11-06-2019, 12:06 PM
I'm already wrong on one of them, with Cage re-signing.

AngeloV
11-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Good summery. Agree with most, although I'd like to see SJ's hands back in the middle, but yes, it can't be for $200K. He's possession and clutch. His hands are as good they get. I look forward to any other exit strategy thoughts that any other Argo watchers have (since there's a lack of it in the media, it's up to us I guess). Primary focus in the OS; a proven LT, and 1-A/B starting QB, a speedy receiver who can go vertical, and a DE who forces the OC's to another tier of the Playbook.

I too want SJ back, but if he gets to free agency, I think someone will offer him more that the Argos should pay him. Who knows, maybe he likes playing half the season on grass, and he might just choose to stay here for less. Would be nice.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8