PDA

View Full Version : Riggs vs. Kackert

Rich
06-17-2012, 03:47 AM
This is no contest. There is no way Kackert makes it on the team ahead of him. Riggs is a force. I noticed him playing special teams too. He is a great blocker and Milanovich's scheme calls for a lot of blocking from the RB. I also think they will find a way to get both Riggs and Boyd in the lineup if not on the field at the same time. You can't have a tailback playing every down anymore, you need somebody comparable to sub in from time to time.

Will
06-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Riggs certainly looked better on Wednesday than Kackert did and depending on who you believe was going to make the team last year until he got hurt. I do not think any hasty decision will be made here though, this is an evaluation by Milanovich that will take the course of the entire training camp I believe. Keep in mind, Riggs was going up against less tougher competition than Kackert and should be given an opportunity to face tougher competition on Tuesday.

RoRoYoBoat
06-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I can see Milanovich using Boyd at slotback on some plays with Riggs in the backfield. Kackert can still be kept on the 46.

AngeloV
06-17-2012, 03:58 PM
I can see Milanovich using Boyd at slotback on some plays with Riggs in the backfield. Kackert can still be kept on the 46.

No chance Boyd ever lines up at slotback. They may both be in the line-up together, but neither will line up as a slot back.

1argoholic
06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Hard to see Riggs getting cut at this point.

jerrym
06-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kackert as a final cut just before the regular season. It gives the Argos another chance to check out Riggs to make sure he is the man. Furthermore, by keeping him until the last moment, they have an insurance policy in case Boyd or Riggs suffers an injury at the notoriously injury-prone RB position (as occurred to both last year) plus probably early into season because other teams are reluctant to bring in players at the last moment before the regular season unless they have to, meaning he could be available for the first game(s) of the season if needed.

AngeloV
06-17-2012, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kackert as a final cut just before the regular season. It gives the Argos another chance to check out Riggs to make sure he is the man. Furthermore, by keeping him until the last moment, they have an insurance policy in case Boyd or Riggs suffers an injury at the notoriously injury-prone RB position (as occurred to both last year) plus probably early into season because other teams are reluctant to bring in players at the last moment before the regular season unless they have to, meaning he could be available for the first game(s) of the season if needed.

I agree 100%. And honestly, who knows? Maybe Kackert lites it up Tuesday and Riggs struggles. I like what I see from Riggs, but it was only 1 pre-season game. As much as some on here don't want to believe it, a Pre-season game does not necessarily weigh heavier in determining who wins a roster spot than 3 weeks of 2 a days. Sometimes circumstances in a game just are better for one player over another. Doesn't mean he's had a better camp.

ArgoRavi
06-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I agree 100%. And honestly, who knows? Maybe Kackert lites it up Tuesday and Riggs struggles. I like what I see from Riggs, but it was only 1 pre-season game. As much as some on here don't want to believe it, a Pre-season game does not necessarily weigh heavier in determining who wins a roster spot than 3 weeks of 2 a days. Sometimes circumstances in a game just are better for one player over another. Doesn't mean he's had a better camp.

I remember Marc Trestman saying during his halftime interview with TSN during a preseason game last year that the games matter much less than how the players perform during the two-a-days of training camp. Rod Black was quite shocked by that comment and I am sure that he was far from the only one.

argolio
06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
I remember Marc Trestman saying during his halftime interview with TSN during a preseason game last year that the games matter much less than how the players perform during the two-a-days of training camp. Rod Black was quite shocked by that comment and I am sure that he was far from the only one.Rod Black being ignorant is one thing, but Glen Suitor has no excuse for going way over the top on Friday about Sinopoli absolutely needing to throw a TD pass to make the team.

1argoholic
06-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Suiter makes me gag. Sinopoli looks like given the chance he could play in this league. It was obvious how his team mates feel about him. He was mobbed by guys so excited for him.

Nob
06-18-2012, 03:54 PM
I can't stand Suitor.

I remember one time where he made reference to a conversation he had with a player in the bathroom.........ewwwwww.

1argoholic
06-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I remember a time when he and Wells were staying next door to me at The Sheraton in Winnipeg in 98 and he shmarmed a good portion of my 26er of rye. Then he broke out his guitar and sang to the two chicks he had in his room. It was all bad.

ArgoRavi
06-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I remember a time when he and Wells were staying next door to me at The Sheraton in Winnipeg in 98 and he shmarmed a good portion of my 26er of rye. Then he broke out his guitar and sang to the two chicks he had in his room. It was all bad.

I believe that Suitor fancies himself as another Kris Kristofferson.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8