PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder...

Mike Hogan
01-27-2020, 09:44 PM
Curious, I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but......

We now have picks 2, 9, 11 and 20.

I also guarantee you that Mike O'Connor will not be the only QB in camp this May.

Cheers!

OV Argo
01-27-2020, 10:19 PM
Curious, I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but......

We now have picks 2, 9, 11 and 20.

I also guarantee you that Mike O'Connor will not be the only QB in camp this May

Cheers!

Excellent draft position !

Hope Pinner & co. show some smarts there.

Have a few guys I'd like to see the Argos think of drafting (a DE, a safety and an O-lineman to name positions) ; but Combine time will help tell more to the tale of the tape there.

doubleblue
01-28-2020, 12:07 PM
So the Argos and Hamilton both have two picks in the first round now and they both should be able to pick a couple of good players. The top two rated players (Gallimore and Claypool) are suppose to be drafted by the NFL, so everybody else should move up two spots. That leaves QB Rourke, OT O'Donnell, OG Jack-Kurdyla, OT Asse, WR Brissett, DE Bennett, DB DeQuoy, WR O'Leary-Orange, WR Rysen as the top nine.
After seeing Carter O'Donnell in the Shrine game he has to be the top pick now IMO instead of Rourke. But he will probably be signed as a FA in the NFL. Depending on who Ottawa picks I would still take one of them as a future because of all the good young Canadians already on the roster. At number nine one of those WR's should be still on the board, but maybe a PK (Liegghio or Molson) is needed instead.
But that rating list could and will quite possibly change after the combine. I remember Saskatchewan Guard Dakota Shepley moving up after he dominated the one on ones a couple of years ago.
All the no shows for the combine kind of leaves a bad taste but I don't know what the League can do about it.

OV Argo
02-05-2020, 06:21 PM
Argos also have pick #28 - for 5 picks in the top 30.

2010 was probably the last draft year the Argos were sitting so nice /even nicer - with 6 picks in the top 30, including #s 2 (Joe Eppelle - decent at best CFL O-lineman for a bit - bust at #2 overall IMO), 3 (Cory Greenwood - stud defensive player who made the NFL and just last season (i.e. 10 years later) was leading the CFL in tackles till he went down with injury) and 11 (Grant Shaw - strong leg, dual kicker but did not last long as an Argo or in the CFL)

I think this might be a deeper, more talented draft crop coming up. Be nice to do better than 2010 and draft some long-serving Argo contributors.

OV Argo
02-17-2020, 10:38 PM
Post free agency period - Argo draft thinking & needs.

Argos added a lot of proven Canadian talent this FA period - could this change draft thinking?

Departures of McEwen, Bomben, Holmes on the O-line means a total re-build of the interior O-line; Argos have a bunch of young NI O-linemen they have drafted lately but most of them are more big OT experience types - maybe one or two of them can convert to OG well ? FA signings Blake and Bladek might take starting jobs there - particularly Blake at C (but he was mostly a guard in the CFL before even though he had US college ball and NFL camp experience at C). Wouldn't be surprised to see the Argos go with 3 import starting O-linemen, with one on the interior; but it might be wise to draft a natural, accomplished guard type (not another OT) and let the guy compete for a job there or at least be in the mix for depth; plenty of these types up this draft (like to see them get Mattland Riley (Sask) - U Sports all-star guard)

Kicker - Boris Bede added and has the booming strong leg; but has struggled at times with his CFL FG accuracy; don't like going with just one kicker handling both jobs; love to see the Argos draft Western dual kicker Marc Liegghio and let him handle one of the jobs (place kicker; though his U Sports punting average last season was better than Bede's in the CFL)

RB ??? - job open for competition and will be an import, with some impressive resume guys to compete (i like Oullette who got in some action last year); but zero Canadian RB talent on the roster = could draft a prospect there and let him compete - maybe a solid back-up or change of pace guy; not a very highly rated RB crop this draft; but - could go for Dion Pellerin (Waterloo) - big back with good U Sports production and likely still available mid to late rounds.

Receiver - Argos already have tons of talent lined-up for TC; and might go with 2 NI starters there, but I wouldn't be too sure of that; good receiver crop this draft but no big need to go there ?

Safety - will it be a NI position with Lokombo ? - if so, might be wise to draft a good young under-study; and several good prospects this draft IMO

7dj83r8f78t4alf8