View Full Version : "War Room" story

Mike Hogan
02-13-2020, 10:10 AM
Once again the player personnel staff allowed me to sit in with them during the first day of free agency.

Here's a fly-on-the-wall look at how the day went.

Enjoy.

https://www.argonauts.ca/2020/02/12/hogan-inside-war-room-day-one-free-agency/

Jon Gonzo
02-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Once again the player personnel staff allowed me to sit in with them during the first day of free agency.

Here's a fly-on-the-wall look at how the day went.

Enjoy.

https://www.argonauts.ca/2020/02/12/hogan-inside-war-room-day-one-free-agency/

Must have been a wild day Mike

paulwoods13
02-13-2020, 11:28 AM
Great piece, Hoagie.

AngeloV
02-13-2020, 11:34 AM
Great write up as usual Hogie!! Love these pieces.

Tobin Rote
02-13-2020, 12:00 PM
Very nice piece Mike! It is especially gratifying to read how the front office and the coaching staff completely meshed and worked smart/hard on Wednesday... based on a well prepared plan... and consequently got one helluva lot done. I suspect that it's been a while since that kind of teamwork took place at Argonaut Headquarters. A great deal of new "import" talent was signed in the months leading up to free agency. Now, many promising and useful Canadian players have been added. Quarterback position... if not outstanding... looks to be quite solid, at the very least. Looking forward to the Draft... and then, hopefully, a return to significance within in the Toronto sports universe when the team hits the field.

Shatto
02-13-2020, 01:41 PM
Another great informative story---much appreciated. Thanks Mike

doubleblue
02-13-2020, 02:01 PM
Great story. I was wondering if WR TJ Jones would have been brought in to annouce his signing. Maybe at a later date, I thought it was kind of big news seeing he is a proven NFL player and a Canadian.

gilthethrill
02-13-2020, 02:09 PM
Great story. I was wondering if WR TJ Jones would have been brought in to annouce his signing. Maybe at a later date, I thought it was kind of big news seeing he is a proven NFL player and a Canadian.

Has Jones even been signed? I can't find anything.

dmont
02-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Seems like John Murphy was in charge, moreso than Pinball. I always thought that Pinball might ultimately serve as the day-to-day president and handle much of Bill Mannings duties for the Argos, while Murphy would handle most of the GM duties. I'm not complaining, but it seemed confusing arrangement of titles.

doubleblue
02-13-2020, 05:36 PM
Has Jones even been signed? I can't find anything.

I saw it somewhere by one of the crack reporters a few days ago. Maybe they heard it from an agent or another player and it was not an official release by the Argos. That's happened before. We'll all act surprised when it happens. Lol

doubleblue
02-13-2020, 06:05 PM
I saw it somewhere by one of the crack reporters a few days ago. Maybe they heard it from an agent or another player and it was not an official release by the Argos. That's happened before. We'll all act surprised when it happens. Lol

Justin Dunk said per sources, Toronto Argonauts have signed former NFL WR TJ Jones.

Dave Naylor tweeted last Tuesday that the Argos had signed Davaris Daniels and TJ Jones for $200,000 each so he doubted they would still be interested in Derel Walker.

We know the Daniels signing is true and maybe we're not suppose to know about Jones yet. Mike Hogan did mention how fast the reporters were announcing signings after the deals were done. Agents were suspect. But Daniels and Jones were team mates at Notre Dame together. Just saying.....

Argo57
02-13-2020, 07:10 PM
Marshall Ferguson (TSN1150) read this report on air this morning.
As much as I enjoy the regular season I equally enjoy the strategies involved with the off season, great work by all!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8