PDA

View Full Version : Pinball and grassroots marketing

GregR
03-10-2020, 02:10 PM
I am in a local Toronto band. Pinball is a friend of the band and we arranged to set up an Argos booth at one of our bar gigs in Etobicoke last Friday night. Pinball and a young lady from the ticket office came by. We had him up on stage during the first set to address the crowd and Michael gave one of his usual rousing speeches while promoting the Argos and asking everyone there to buy one ticket this season to check the team out. He didn't just make a brief appearance. I noticed him out there mixing with the people after 11pm still. I am certain by the time he left he had probably spent time with every one of the 200+ in attendance. He is an incredible spokesman for the team and I cannot imagine any other executive of any team, going to the lengths that he does for his team.

OV Argo
03-10-2020, 03:50 PM
I am in a local Toronto band. Pinball is a friend of the band and we arranged to set up an Argos booth at one of our bar gigs in Etobicoke last Friday night. Pinball and a young lady from the ticket office came by. We had him up on stage during the first set to address the crowd and Michael gave one of his usual rousing speeches while promoting the Argos and asking everyone there to buy one ticket this season to check the team out. He didn't just make a brief appearance. I noticed him out there mixing with the people after 11pm still. I am certain by the time he left he had probably spent time with every one of the 200+ in attendance. He is an incredible spokesman for the team and I cannot imagine any other executive of any team, going to the lengths that he does for his team.

Great to hear !

AngeloV
03-10-2020, 07:01 PM

Very cool, and great job of getting him out there.

argolio
03-10-2020, 10:14 PM
We need to clone him!

Neely2005
03-11-2020, 03:41 PM
This is how the Argonauts are going to have to rebuild the fanbase. Slowly, little by little, one fan at a time. Splashy TV Commercials aren't going to be effective.

AngeloV
03-11-2020, 07:47 PM
This is how the Argonauts are going to have to rebuild the fanbase. Slowly, little by little, one fan at a time. Splashy TV Commercials aren't going to be effective.

It’s the way Bobby Ackles did it in BC prior to his passing. It’s a shame nobody in their organization (or others) took note of it.

Neely2005
03-12-2020, 01:04 PM
It’s the way Bobby Ackles did it in BC prior to his passing. It’s a shame nobody in their organization (or others) took note of it.

Yeah it's surprising considering the success that he had.

1971GreyCup
03-23-2020, 06:49 PM
Pinball needs votes ASAP.

https://twitter.com/FirstUp1050/status/1242031705181106177

jerrym
03-23-2020, 11:50 PM
Pinball needs votes ASAP.

https://twitter.com/FirstUp1050/status/1242031705181106177

I just voted at the site. Pinball currently at 52.5% over Kwahi Leonard's 47.5%. Vote now as there is only 6 hours left.

GregR
03-27-2020, 05:29 PM
Pinball won and deservedly so!

Will
03-28-2020, 09:06 AM
Pinball won and deservedly so!

Apparently he didn't.

They claimed that it was a Twitter + Instagram poll. While Pinball won the Twitter account, he didn't win the Instagram poll and Kawhi won the combined vote. I can't find any evidence that the Instagram poll existed.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8