PDA

View Full Version : Snortin' Whiskey, and Whisky !

Midnight Blue
06-17-2012, 05:26 PM
This, is a real, Man Thread. Snortin' Whiskey/Whisky.

We Men, Love to snort it. My, first time, was accidental; I was simply trying to appreciate the true essence, of fine liqour. Sure, it would have been better if it was in a Brandy Snifter. But it wasn't --- it was in a shot glass. I savoured the essence (it was rreally good), and then subsequently, I got some Whisky (Scotch) up my nose. Being an old-school partier (the best kind) I naturally had to do the other nostril as well. It was good.

Furthermore, being a good Conservative lad, everytime I hear the song "Snortin Whiskey" by Pat Travers, I, yes, give it a full two-nostrils worth. Sorry about the details, but I somehow miraculously, only catch a cold once every three years. And I am as old as 1argoholic (close to Fifty), and twenty years younger than Ravi.

Cheers !

And,

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
06-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey Ravi --- just kiddin'.

I too, hope to live to be 85 one day.

You are really cool, for a lefty.

[insert emoticon smile here]

Cheer O !

(from the movie, "The Bridge On The River Kwai".)

1argoholic
06-17-2012, 05:47 PM
So you had some before starting this post. haha. Do you know Ping? You two would get along bigtime. He's not so much of a booze drinker as bud smoker though.

Had scotch twice in my life. Both real bad experiences. First was back in the early to mid 80's while attending Humber College. We were at pub night on a typical Thursday night. Three of us left to check out something and came across a bar room set up for officials etc of the Canadian College Basketball Finals which were being held at our north campus. We decided to sneak in for free booze. I said I was a guard for SAIT. I pointed at a bottle and said I'll have a rye and ginger. I got scotch and ginger. It was bad but I couldn't waste it.
The next time was about three years back at Christmas with my wifes family in Calgary. One of her cousins is married to a British guy who tried to ween me onto scotch. It was a great until the next morning when I was sick as hell. Turned out it had zero to do with scotch and all to do with their kid who brought Norwalk with him from his pre-school in Vancouver. I still won't drink scotch even though it wasn't the culprit.

Midnight Blue
06-17-2012, 09:39 PM
So you had some before starting this post. haha. Do you know Ping? You two would get along bigtime. He's not so much of a booze drinker as bud smoker though.

Had scotch twice in my life. Both real bad experiences. First was back in the early to mid 80's while attending Humber College. We were at pub night on a typical Thursday night. Three of us left to check out something and came across a bar room set up for officials etc of the Canadian College Basketball Finals which were being held at our north campus. We decided to sneak in for free booze. I said I was a guard for SAIT. I pointed at a bottle and said I'll have a rye and ginger. I got scotch and ginger. It was bad but I couldn't waste it.
The next time was about three years back at Christmas with my wifes family in Calgary. One of her cousins is married to a British guy who tried to ween me onto scotch. It was a great until the next morning when I was sick as hell. Turned out it had zero to do with scotch and all to do with their kid who brought Norwalk with him from his pre-school in Vancouver. I still won't drink scotch even though it wasn't the culprit.

Thanks for the reply, 1argoholic.

I will just say, that there are many variaties of Scotch.

Try the more expensive ones, at 60-80 dollars a bottle. Though admittedly, I really don't like paying that much for Scotch, either. I prefer Irish Whiskey. Black Bush, by Bushmills, 39 or so a bottle. Can't go wrong.

Or, the new Devil's Cut Bourbon by Jim Beam. Presently on sale for $30 (regularly 33). It is one smooth tipple. Seriously. Almost enough to get one banned from a forum. It is that good. User discretion, is advised. Though I suppose that goes for all Whiskey and Whisky.

Cheers !

I'll shut up now, before I risk getting banned.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
06-22-2012, 01:30 AM
I think I have a reply/post snagged in the monitoring section, possibly to be not allowed.

In retrospect, it is probably a good thing, since I mentioned BC Bud, ONT Bud, Beer, Bikers, Punk Rockers, and myself -- a Hard Rockin', Kick-Ass, Head-Banger.

Anyway, the gist of that post, was that when you get back to Peterborough, 1argoholic, I will be less than a half-hour away, in my spring/summer/fall, camping paradise. And believe me, it is a paradise.

Cheers !

Midnight Blue
06-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Music, vee need ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ehGN-nTkw

and,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=1PJOHbzQwGw

Midnight Blue
06-22-2012, 02:53 AM
None of this music, works on 1" computer speakers.

So,

As always,

headphone/stereo/home theatre protocols,

are in effect.

Pat Travers --- Snortin' Whiskey :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfxr58nJRHA

1argoholic
06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
You'd like The Supersuckers and Nashville Pussy. You've talked about Trent Hills and Campbellford before. Is that the area that you camp? Do you live in TO? Ever go to Round Lake? We loved it there on our trip out last summer. As a matter of fact we were in The Kawarthas a year ago as I type this. We were both sad to leave and now it's a year later already. We love the Douro-Dummer area near Stoney, Warsaw and just east of Pete or The Patch as I've learned locals call it.

Midnight Blue
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM
You'd like The Supersuckers and Nashville Pussy. You've talked about Trent Hills and Campbellford before. Is that the area that you camp? Do you live in TO? Ever go to Round Lake? We loved it there on our trip out last summer. As a matter of fact we were in The Kawarthas a year ago as I type this. We were both sad to leave and now it's a year later already. We love the Douro-Dummer area near Stoney, Warsaw and just east of Pete or The Patch as I've learned locals call it.

Sorry for the delayed reply, 1argoholic; I've been away ... glad you loved the Kawarthas, and all of the surrounding area -- it's beautiful country. I'm from Toronto, and while I've never been to Round Lake (I'll have to check it out), through the course of half a lifetime, I've ridden and driven through much of Central and Southun Ontario, and even camped near Kapuskasing, further north. It is all awesome. The Trent hills are great (Northumberland County), and there's a cool little brewery just north of Campbellford, called Church-Key Brewery -- they're located in an old former church - and they have a website -- and they make awesome Holy Smoke Scotch Ale, and Black IPA. But phone ahead to make sure it's in stock; it sometimes sells out. Also I didn't know that Peterborough was called The Patch; I thought the Patch was somewhere nearby, where retired Newfoundlanders have set up a colony, so that they can take a wee, temporary, break from drinking; they peel off the labels from Molson Export bottles, and bottles of Labatt's 50, and stick the labels to their foreheads (the way some smokers trying to quit, put a patch on their arm). It seems to work, but only during weekdays; once the weekend comes around, it's party time again, and eventually everything goes downhill, again....

Cheers !

Midnight Blue
06-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Here's the link to Church-Key Brewing :

http://www.churchkeybrewing.com/

Trust me, it's worth the drive to Campbellford. And sometimes a couple of local T.O. pubs have it on tap.

Bar Volo sometimes has it : http://barvolo.com/

Cheers !

LLB997
06-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Pat travers approves of this thread

Midnight Blue
06-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Pat travers approves of this thread

Thank You.

I cannot imagine, higher praise.

I'll try not to eff up, in my future posts.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
06-27-2012, 03:34 AM
The Four Horsemen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKv_YYzdI2w

Midnight Blue
07-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Oh yes what magic, you Wicked Slut,

Born for you, I care a lot.

Deceive, deny, with your wicked pain,

You've met a Man, a solid train.

Think first of sex, then twice for gain,

I guarantee, no sudden rain.

You are my Kitten, a solemn dream....

I am your Man.

We were born to scheme.

Midnight

Midnight Blue
07-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Ok. On second thought, that was kinda lame.

Ok. Poetry, Part two :

With Angel wings, I cling to life.

I can't remember, which Chick is my Wife.

It really matters, to Her it seems,

While I just ply myself, with many beers.

(Ok, just kiddin', you hot little Kitten --- in case you're reading this.)

[Fuck ... hard for a man to really get away.]

Cheers !

Midnight

7dj83r8f78t4alf8