PDA

View Full Version : No radio coverage of tomorrows game either?

1argoholic
06-18-2012, 04:58 PM
No way to even listen? Strange. It's not listened on TSN radio schedule.

argonaut11xx
06-18-2012, 05:09 PM
i was looking at the tsn schedules, and on both tsn and tsn2 is both (YAWN) soccer....

but no radio?..why thats just fucking stupid...

im hoping there is some way to follow the game live....im pissed

gilthethrill
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I too am disapointed the game is not broadcast on TSN radio.

argonaut11xx
06-18-2012, 05:17 PM
typical Argo's...1 step forward (bringing in the big crowd), and 2 steps back...no media coverage...

fucking stupid...

1argoholic
06-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I agree so just get out and enjoy the beautiful BC weather. hahaha. We have people still using wood stoves near us.

argonaut11xx
06-18-2012, 05:36 PM
1argoholic....i have to say...you were 100% correct about BC...alas... if it wasnt for love i'd still be in Ontario....

That said.... i was SO PUMPED about watching my very first CFL game that started at 8 in the morning, or even listening to it...

I kinda like the 4:30 pacific time starts as well...

But breakfast beers, and Argo game, and maybe even some freaking sunshine WAS my plan tomorrow...and now its dashed.....i've even looked to see if i could listen through whoever carries the Alouettes...but cant find that info anyplace

ArgoRavi
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
1argoholic....i have to say...you were 100% correct about BC...alas... if it wasnt for love i'd still be in Ontario....

That said.... i was SO PUMPED about watching my very first CFL game that started at 8 in the morning, or even listening to it...

But breakfast beers, and Argo game, and maybe even some freaking sunshine WAS my plan tomorrow...and now its dashed.....i've even looked to see if i could listen through whoever carries the Alouettes...but cant find that info anyplace

I am pretty sure that CJAD radio is still the Als' carrier but I have no idea whether they will have the game tomorrow.

argonaut11xx
06-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks Ravi....its worth a kick at the can...even if its in french....

ArgoRavi
06-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks Ravi....its worth a kick at the can...even if its in french....

CJAD is an English-language station. Hopefully they will have the game tomorrow. You would be able to listen online if they do but expect little Argo talk.

1argoholic
06-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I'll have to give that a try. Argonaut11xx wait until your first weekend double header that starts at 9am. Best thing is the Lin games that start at 10:30 pm eastern are was easier to stay up for here. haha. If you like summer don't worry the switch will turn on one day and then the rain will stop for months.

ArgoGabe22
06-18-2012, 09:12 PM
You gotta join tweeter because they'll be twiting the play by play. Argo Admirals going strong! (I am not one of them lol)

1argoholic
06-19-2012, 12:55 AM
No assbook or tweeting for me thanks.

Argocister
06-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Just read that CJAD800 will be broadcasting the game.

:)

Will
06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Just read that CJAD800 will be broadcasting the game.

:)

It's better than nothing, but as Ravi warned, the discussion about the Argonauts will be limited.

jerrym
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM

I guess us BCers all think alike.

argotom
06-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Of course the game was not heard on any local radio station here.
I was flipping like crazy and started with the so called broadcaster Team 1050.
I heard the usual crowd talking nonsense about hockey and the upcoming soccer game.
Now tell me please how this is anywhere remotely important to covering the Argos and even in the pre season?

Will
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Of course the game was not heard on any local radio station here.
I was flipping like crazy and started with the so called broadcaster Team 1050.
I heard the usual crowd talking nonsense about hockey and the upcoming soccer game.
Now tell me please how this is anywhere remotely important to covering the Argos and even in the pre season?

Was the Euro Cup game on the radio because if it was perhaps it was built into the contract that it pre-empted the CFL.

argolio
06-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Was the Euro Cup game on the radio because if it was perhaps it was built into the contract that it pre-empted the CFL.Yes it was. I imagine the Argo game would have been on 1050 if it was played as originally scheduled.

ArgoRavi
06-20-2012, 01:43 AM
That Euro game started at 2:45 pm and the Argo game was probably close to being finished by then.

Argocister
06-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Did anyone listen to CJAD ? How was the coverage?

ArgoGabe22
06-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Not a fan of radio tbh, they talk over the game and they never really said who did what other than who got the ball or which Alouette made the tackle. It was ok but hard to imagine how it looked like.

argotom
06-20-2012, 01:27 PM
That Euro game started at 2:45 pm and the Argo game was probably close to being finished by then.

Yes it could have been joined in progress after our game.
On top of all this, there is virtually no production costs as the game is local.
Certainly much lower then the feed for the soccer game on radio.
Having said that is there anything worse then play by play of a soccer game on radio, it just doesn't lend to radio just like tennis would come to mind and the leisure "sport" of golf.
Stupid decision again.

argolio
06-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Stupid decision again.Might have had no choice if they were contractually obligated to the Euro game.

ArgoZ
06-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Yes it could have been joined in progress after our game.
On top of all this, there is virtually no production costs as the game is local.
Certainly much lower then the feed for the soccer game on radio.
Having said that is there anything worse then play by play of a soccer game on radio, it just doesn't lend to radio just like tennis would come to mind and the leisure "sport" of golf.
Stupid decision again.

The game was scheduled to start at 2pm but was delayed. That would leave a whole half of an ENGLAND soccer game in the biggest tournament in the world, missed due to an Argo PRE SEASON game. The production costs would easily be more than simply tapping into the feed. I say triple the costs to do the Argo game, but not the reason anyway. The Argos moved this game and the Euro schedule was out months before that happened. 1050 is the official Cdn Euro holder, which was known months before also.

One final point. I find soccer, one of the best radio sports! Why? Well for one I am a fan, and in radio, even half chances sound like they are heading for the back of the net. I have listened to many of the games this year (I can do that at my work) and they have been really entertaining. The play by play is no "Rod Black", that's for sure. You got to be a fan though or any sport can be boring. I find baseball just beating basketball as the all time worst radio sport, but some seem to like it.

ArgoGabe22
06-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I agree soccer on the radio is very good imo better than the CJAD feed for the Als-Argos game. I think Hogan does a good job describing as much as the possible for the viewer something Phillon and Moffet didn't do. Just my two cents.

shayman
06-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Hogie said yesterday during his show with the commissioner that he'll be broadcasting the season opener in Edmonton so it sounds like all games will be on the radio without this TV-simulcast stuff they tried part of last year. That's good news.

Will
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Hogie said yesterday during his show with the commissioner that he'll be broadcasting the season opener in Edmonton so it sounds like all games will be on the radio without this TV-simulcast stuff they tried part of last year. That's good news.

Yeah, I overheard him mentioning that at one of the practices.

AngeloV
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Might have had no choice if they were contractually obligated to the Euro game.

Great point. Some people just are so quick to cry foul without knowing what goes into these decisions. I'm sure TSN radio had planned to carry the game, before it was changed to a noon start.

1argoholic
06-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Moffat the commentator was a KNOB!! At one point while Djems was lying on the field he said an Argo is down and kept yapping. Then he said, "They Finally Scraped The Argo Off The Field" and giggled. What a dick. Nine times out of ten he wouldn't even mention an Argos name. Suprisingly Ed Philion was GREAT as the colour guy. He was talking about how nice it was to be back in his familiar area and loved the weather and Moffat just blew onto more Als stuff. If it wasn't for Philion you'd think Toronto wasn't even there.

argolio
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Moffat the commentator was a KNOB!! At one point while Djems was lying on the field he said an Argo is down and kept yapping. Then he said, "They Finally Scraped The Argo Off The Field" and giggled. What a dick.Yeah, very classless comment by Moffat.

ArgoRavi
06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Moffat the commentator was a KNOB!! At one point while Djems was lying on the field he said an Argo is down and kept yapping. Then he said, "They Finally Scraped The Argo Off The Field" and giggled. What a dick. Nine times out of ten he wouldn't even mention an Argos name. Suprisingly Ed Philion was GREAT as the colour guy. He was talking about how nice it was to be back in his familiar area and loved the weather and Moffat just blew onto more Als stuff. If it wasn't for Philion you'd think Toronto wasn't even there.

I am not surprised. I have listened to a bit of the Als' preseason coverage against the Argos in the past and my experience is the same in that Moffat won't even mention which Argo was involved in the play.

Will
06-22-2012, 07:27 AM
I am not surprised. I have listened to a bit of the Als' preseason coverage against the Argos in the past and my experience is the same in that Moffat won't even mention which Argo was involved in the play.

When my Vikings were playing the Seahawks in pre-season last year I was forced to watch the Seahawks coverage. It is very much the same thing so I don't think it's an isolated incident. His comments about "scraping the Argo off the field" were classless though! Kuame had to have surgery!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8