PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Harris

Mulder
06-19-2012, 02:48 PM
7-10 84 yards 1 TD in first pre-season game
13-15 160 Yards 2 TD's today

Is Jackson's time done already?

From what I've heard Trevor has looked sharp!

argonaut11xx
06-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I'd roll the dice on this kid Harris.....give him the #2 spot...

what happened to/with Trafallis BTW

1argoholic
06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Trafalis retired a few weeks back. Harris has to be kept. I wouldn't give up on Jackson.

R.J
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Harris has secured himself a job today, either the #2 or #3 spot.
I'm starting to get the feeling that the top 3 will be Ray, Santos and Harris.
Jackson and Collaros could be the odd men out tomorrow.

1argoholic
06-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Well you also have to factor in money. They spent a boatload on Ray. Not sure what Jackson would make but it would be more than the other guys. Right now Harris is the guy who seems to be understanding the system better than anyone. I think Ricky just is very uncomfortable after so many years in Edmonton.

Now the fun starts.

Still no name to who got injured and how bad. Receivers are dropping like flies.

Just read the bio on Harris. He was a four year starter with the Edinboro Fighting Scots. haha,great name. The team wore kilts.haha. Anyhow he only missed one game to injury. His younger bro has been their qb the last two years. Perhaps a few years from now we could have both qb bros. Just looked up Edinboro Fighting Scots and they already have a rightup on todays game and below is the first game. Great team logo especially if your Scottish.

ArgoGabe22
06-19-2012, 03:40 PM
I bet someone on here is thinking he should be the #1.

Well I mentioned in one of my training camp posts I wouldn't be surprised if Harris went #2 and I said it kinda thinking it'll probably be Jackson in the end but now its looking to be more true. I'm not worried about Ray's skills, I'm more worried about the offensive system. Is Ray comfortable with it? Looking a bit shaky right now.

R.J
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
I bet someone on here is thinking he should be the #1.
ha ha, maybe just for $h%&s and giggles, but Ray is clearly the number 1, Milanovich has stated often that Ray is the only one with a guaranteed job.
I'm not ready to put Harris as the number 2 just yet, he has obviously looked great, but anyone honestly comfortable with him starting during the season if Ray were to be injured ?
Now mind you Harris could play amazing and be the next "Lulay', but it's still way too early. I'd rather Santos or Jackson to be the back-ups, plus it also adds leadership and mentoring for someone like Harris.

ArgoRavi
06-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Harris looks promising and should be the #3 QB. Remember that he didn't exactly face the starting defences the last two weeks. Akili Smith and Timmy Chang looked like world-beaters in the preseason too and we all know how they turned out so I tend to be quite cautious now about interpreting the play of QBs in preseason.

ArgoGabe22
06-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Good point Dalton Bell should have been the starter 2 years ago if evrything was based on preseason game performance.

ArgoGabe22
06-19-2012, 05:47 PM
A reporter asked Milanovich if Ray will be the starter for the season opener after the game. I have no clue what his answer or reaction was. Typical T.O. media.

AngeloV
06-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Harris looks promising and should be the #3 QB. Remember that he didn't exactly face the starting defences the last two weeks. Akili Smith and Timmy Chang looked like world-beaters in the preseason too and we all know how they turned out so I tend to be quite cautious now about interpreting the play of QBs in preseason.

Well said Ravi. I can't believe the back-up is even questioned at this point. People don't seem to understand what developing a QB is. Edmonton used to do this the right way. Matt Dunnigan didn't even dress his first year with the Eskimos and neither did Tracy Ham. I can't wait for the cut Cory Boyd thread to start up.

Chuckonauts
06-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Did Colsearts get cut already?? Is that why they brought in Santos??

But I like Harris, I think he's the #3 for sure. Glad to see Jarious rebound and have a better game.

argolio
06-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Collaros? Twisted his ankle apparently.

Chuckonauts
06-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Collaros? Twisted his ankle apparently. Ya that's him! lol Colsearts is a guy I work with...oops.

Mulder
06-19-2012, 07:07 PM

Odd Question to throw out there. Do we see any scenario that Jackson gets dropped this season? He's got more than 5 years under his belt, so that means if he makes it to game 10 he's here.

Cap reasons maybe? If Ray stays healthy and we do well, at what point do we need him on the sidelines?

I wouldn't be surprised if we keep all 5 QB's to start. Throw one on the 9 gamer.

doubleblue
06-19-2012, 08:01 PM
To start the season. I would say Ray, Jackson and Harris. Collaros to the practice roster and Santos to the continuing 1 game injured list until needed.

1argoholic
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I see something like that as well doubleblue.

Will
06-19-2012, 10:57 PM
To start the season. I would say Ray, Jackson and Harris. Collaros to the practice roster and Santos to the continuing 1 game injured list until needed.

I frankly don't understand why Santos was brought in.

1argoholic
06-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Most likely because Collaros got injured. First I heard of his injury was today.

paulwoods13
06-20-2012, 08:18 AM
I will repeat what I said last week: I don't see any way Jackson gets cut. The Argos are going all-out to get to the GC this year and you cannot risk losing your starting QB to injury and having someone inexperienced to replace him. Jackson is the perfect No. 2 -- he's a great team guy, excels at the QB sneak and has a strong arm and a lot of game experience. Harris looks like a keeper but he should remain third-string (or possibly even fourth-string) until he has had a lot more development time. As great as he has looked, these were preseason games where he played against guys who won't make their teams, and against defences that were not showing their full packages.

gilthethrill
06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Jackson was labeled a "lousy veteran" by someone on the forum after his play last week in Hamilton. I heard he played well yesterday.

Will
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Jackson was labeled a "lousy veteran" by someone on the forum after his play last week in Hamilton. I heard he played well yesterday.

He was better than last week.

argomANIA
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Trevor is a great guy also....really nice to talk to. Hopefully he'll pan out. He's done great so far at pre-season

jerrym
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I am glad to see Harris made the team. He seems to have a commanding presence, an ability to read defences, and and a nice accurate touch on his passes. My only question is how good is his long ball as he has not thrown any yet.

AngeloV
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I am glad to see Harris made the team. He seems to have a commanding presence, an ability to read defences, and and a nice accurate touch on his passes. My only question is how good is his long ball as he has not thrown any yet.

He threw a really nice fade route into the endzone that Patrick Carter couldn't come up with.

1argoholic
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't worry at all about Harris. The tossed 100 tds in college that says a ton for me right there along with how calm he's looked. I think he could be a star in this league. I'm very excited to see us develop our own two young qb's. Collaros could be a gem as well.

argolio
06-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Whatever they turn into, Harris and Collaros are huge steps up from B.J. Hall as developmental QBs. Great to see!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8