PDA

View Full Version : Gift from the Argos

GregR
10-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Received a little package today with two 2020 patches and a nice pin + message from Pinball.

HumberValleyVillageArgo
10-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Received a little package today with two 2020 patches and a nice pin + message from Pinball.

Yes, I did as well. Must be for members, I guess? Nice touch.

Argo57
10-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Classy touch, they’re doing everything they can for loyal fans,👍

HumberValleyVillageArgo
10-09-2020, 08:38 PM
Classy touch, they’re doing everything they can for loyal fans,

I agree. Very nice touch.

Rich
10-10-2020, 02:38 AM
Pinball’s message could have used some editing, but that’s a very minor quibble about a very nice gesture from a very good organization.

I gotta say the newer logos are really growing on me. I’m starting to really like the decagonal football with the oars. The one on the front cover with the laces on a stylized CN Tower, I think it’s a brilliant and beautiful graphic. And just to cover all the bases, the pin has the updated traditional boat logo, which I still find a little too cartoony.

But one way or another, I have to believe that new logos and branding are an absolute must for a positive reset in 2021.

ArgoZ
10-10-2020, 08:10 AM
I got the gift and haven’t renewed yet. Aw shucks, might as well do it today. :)

Mightygoose
10-10-2020, 12:44 PM
I got the gift and an unexpected surprise!

Looks like it was their who had 2020 season tickets so it would still go to those who haven't renewed for 2021

Just got the 'apology' email from them. Didn't even notice an error earlier....but it's a flattering one:)

shayman
10-10-2020, 12:52 PM
Hands up if you had to reread the letter several times to see what the error was that prompted an apology email.
Aha! A couple of spelling errors. Whoops. You're forgiven. The gift was a very nice and unexpected gesture.

paulwoods13
10-10-2020, 02:12 PM
The gift is great, and I commend the org for the apology. Having been guilty of it myself (including in a book, which is as close to a permanent, unfixable error as there is), I believe a misspelled name is the type of error that must (whenever possible) be acknowledged and corrected. Especially when it's a Hall of Famer, legendary figure, etc.

I personally prefer that public notices of correction specify precisely what the error was so the reader is not left wondering, as some obviously were in this case. It drives me crazy when corrections in newspapers say things like "incorrect information was published yesterday." Coming clean with readers, and erring on the side of transparency, is always better IMO.

shayman
10-10-2020, 03:47 PM
If you look closely you can see the letter managed to misspell not one but two Hall of Famers. Whoops.

Will
10-10-2020, 04:30 PM
I really appreciate the gesture by the Argos. The boat logo pin now adorns by Condredge Holloway jersey.

I noted the misspelling of Dunigan, but had not noted the Clemons mistake.

HumberValleyVillageArgo
10-10-2020, 07:07 PM
I really appreciate the gesture by the Argos. The boat logo pin now adorns by Condredge Holloway jersey.

I noted the misspelling of Dunigan, but had not noted the Clemons mistake.

I missed all the mistakes but that's life but shows they care for correcting. But a wining season next year will more than make up for it. Go Argos 2021.

BATKINSON001
10-14-2020, 09:59 AM
I never received mine, it was sent to my old address which refused it and I cannot get ahold of my argos rep to get it redirected to my new address. It's been a week.

HumberValleyVillageArgo
10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
I never received mine, it was sent to my old address which refused it and I cannot get ahold of my Argos rep to get it redirected to my new address. It's been a week.

Just e-mail clientservices@argonauts.ca and let them know. They are responsible for the campaign. I am sure they would re-send you one if you tell them you have new address information.

doubleblue
10-14-2020, 02:51 PM
I missed all the mistakes but that's life but shows they care for correcting. But a wining season next year will more than make up for it. Go Argos 2021.

I'm not going to get all up tight about it either. It was a nice gesture by the Argos. I never could keep it straight on how many N's Dunigan has in his name. (spell check says three) lol Hey there's mistake's quite often in the roster's of both team sites and the CFL site. Canadian players listed as Imports and vica-versa. Some player's height and weight out of wack. Probably young intern's typing things up. Only us diehards notice it. :)

HumberValleyVillageArgo
10-16-2020, 01:26 PM
I'm not going to get all up tight about it either. It was a nice gesture by the Argos. I never could keep it straight on how many N's Dunigan has in his name. (spell check says three) lol Hey there's mistake's quite often in the roster's of both team sites and the CFL site. Canadian players listed as Imports and vica-versa. Some player's height and weight out of wack. Probably young intern's typing things up. Only us diehards notice it. :)

Perhaps the next members campaign mail out could include an Argonaut cloth face mask(s) if COVID-19 is still around. Seems functional enough and would be a great gift for Argo fan family and friends.

ArgofanIan
11-11-2020, 07:58 PM
I tried to order ARGO mask at my local sports store but they can't do. the one's on the ARGO shop seem to be youth masks. I am kind cheap skate so hate paying for shipping. Any body advise how best to get an adult Argo Mask. I do work downtown but my hours are kind of goofy. Thanks for any tips to get a MASK. go ARGOS !!!

paulwoods13
11-12-2020, 09:30 AM
I tried to order ARGO mask at my local sports store but they can't do. the one's on the ARGO shop seem to be youth masks. I am kind cheap skate so hate paying for shipping. Any body advise how best to get an adult Argo Mask. I do work downtown but my hours are kind of goofy. Thanks for any tips to get a MASK. go ARGOS !!!

I ordered the Youth size masks. They are a bit small but still fit me, albeit snugly, and I imagine would fit most adults with average-size heads.

ArgofanIan
11-12-2020, 10:48 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I will need them for a few more months. Go ARRGOS !!!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8