PDA

View Full Version : July 14 @ Ti-Cats??

RICKEARS
06-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone going to the July 14 game in Hamilton?

Will
06-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I will but I just haven't gotten off my butt to get tickets yet!

ArgoFan1
06-20-2012, 04:20 PM
I will be there, of course !!!

ArgoGabe22
06-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Possibly in disguise as a neutral fan on the outside but an Argos fan on the inside.

Will
06-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Possibly in disguise as a neutral fan on the outside but an Argos fan on the inside.

There's really no need to disguise your fandom in Hamilton anymore. Labour Day can still be a bit rough, but any other Argo/Ticat matchup at IWS is okay. Will you be on your own or in a group.

gilthethrill
06-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Yes, me & 4 other guys have our tickets....looking for a docile crowd....

ArgoGabe22
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
There's really no need to disguise your fandom in Hamilton anymore. Labour Day can still be a bit rough, but any other Argo/Ticat matchup at IWS is okay. Will you be on your own or in a group.

With my dad and brother most likely. We wore BC Lions gear to one game and were verbally abused all game long but not by real fans with gear but by drunk kids who were more interested in the cheerleaders than in the game so we moved to the family zone and I think we might go there again. Cheaper and 0 problems.

Never went to an Argo game at IW so we have no idea what to expect.

Will
06-20-2012, 06:21 PM
As I pointed out in an earlier post--the differences between Labor Day and a game at any other point during the regular season is significant. In an Argo jersey you'll expect to get chants like "Argos suck" and "Nobody blows like the Argos," but I have never had any problems beyond that. I also am in a larger group that includes both Ti-Cat and Argo fans so that might be a reason for that. Some people have reported problems in the past and I don't doubt that, but things have gotten a lot better since Bob Young took over the team in 2004.

Ironically it might actually be better for Argo fans on the south bleachers of the stadium rather than Box G or H, which is by the Argo bench. That seems to attract some trouble, but sitting in say Section 26 or 27 is okay.

ArgoZ
06-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I will probably be there. I have worn an Argo jersey to every Argo game I have attented at Ivor Wynne, which is probably around 30 to 40 games. Very rarely have I been in an incident and I think that`s due to ME. I take it all with humour and comments don`t bother me. I am also a nice dude and don`t act like an obnoxious drunk ass, which would only compound the situation. I really believe that a lot of times, people have only themselves to blame and these are isolated events.The Scott Park tailgate is welcome to many Argo fans.

I only have one story. When I was younger, I wore my Flutie jersey with helmet while waving my Argo flag. Some drunk fan yelled at me on the other side of the fence (yes so tough) that he was going to shove it up my ass. Once I got into the game, I actually did cross him and just ignored him. So really, was he ever going to beat up a 19 year old kid who isn`t even paying attention? Most are all talk and it takes two to tango.

LLB997
06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
went to the pre season with a group , lots of the usual argos blow crap by 9 year olds which i actually like to see. May be going to the July 14 solo but do not expect any problems. If there is a gathering of Argos fans in the nearby park or around the stadium it might make for a safe haven for those who might find it all a bit much.

Mulder
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Won't be there, but I'll be at the labour day game!

RICKEARS
06-22-2012, 10:03 AM
this will be my 3rd game in a row with same seats right behind the argos bench 1st row

CptArcher
06-22-2012, 03:04 PM
this will be my 3rd game in a row with same seats right behind the argos bench 1st row
The nice thing about Ivor Wynny is the first 10 rows aren't covered.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8