View Full Version : Tom Brady, Doug Flutie share laugh over Leafs enforcer Tie Domi’s stint as Argos kick

ArgoGabe22
01-24-2021, 01:08 PM
3DN should just stick to these type of articles.

https://3downnation.com/2021/01/22/tom-brady-doug-flutie-share-laugh-over-leafs-enforcer-tie-domis-stint-as-argos-kicker/

OV Argo
01-24-2021, 01:44 PM
3DN should just stick to these type of articles.

https://3downnation.com/2021/01/22/tom-brady-doug-flutie-share-laugh-over-leafs-enforcer-tie-domis-stint-as-argos-kicker/

Why? - I actually prefer their basic reporting on CFL facts (roster moves, player resumes, stats, etc.), but there is room for opinion pieces as well as football/human interest or football funnies stories. They do reach to find pretty well any Canadian connection to the NFL, but what the hey. Tie Domi = LOL; at least his CFL bit was for fun and a good cause.

The cliches and NFL hero worship type stuff i find a bit amusing or annoying at times. "GOAT" = what a Fing joke that some find the need to use such inane terms ("ratio breaker" another classic cliche from the CFL); Tom Brady is an all-time great NFL QB IMO, but hardly the best ever, and he's up against a more talented (IMO) QB in Rodgers in the play-offs today; Joe Montana was a better all-around QB talent too; and those who only know Flutie as the CFL GOAT, probably weren't around to see Warren Moon or Russ Jackson play QB in the CFL. There's lots of all-time great players and athletes in most sports/leagues; no need to label one only the GOAT.

paulwoods13
01-24-2021, 02:18 PM
How threads mutate, Vol. XVI.

ArgoGabe22
01-24-2021, 02:48 PM
What I meant is, it's nice when they cover more unusual stories, interviews, etc. Talking to Flutie, bringing up the Domi story to newer fans, or talking to Rob Murphy, is something that is lacking with other media sources, especially in Toronto. Their opinion pieces do stink, IMO. But that's beside the point.

ArgoGabe22
01-24-2021, 02:49 PM

It's 2021, during a pandemic. I think mutations are expected.

OV Argo
01-24-2021, 03:53 PM
What I meant is, it's nice when they cover more unusual stories, interviews, etc. Talking to Flutie, bringing up the Domi story to newer fans, or talking to Rob Murphy, is something that is lacking with other media sources, especially in Toronto. Their opinion pieces do stink, IMO. But that's beside the point.

OK - to each his own; i prefer actual football talk or even opinions over the human interest/ personalities /funny side of things; but credit to them for providing lots of Canadian football info or stories, and yes, Canadian football info so lacking in Toronnawannabe media land.

jerrym
01-24-2021, 07:18 PM

It's 2021, during a pandemic. I think mutations are expected.

This gets my vote for joke of the pandemic, a time when we especially need them.

OV Argo
01-24-2021, 10:11 PM
This gets my vote for joke of the pandemic, a time when we especially need them.

Not to worry; this thread is a hoax and will just go away. ;o)

Stevoman
01-25-2021, 01:30 PM
A funny read. I love that Domi and Flutie are talking Argos/CFL with their buddies.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8